tuscl

Bottom 40 list?

Saturday, May 26, 2012 2:45 PM
What happened to the bottom 40 list? The topic of which club is the worst seems to come up a couple times a year. I decided to look over the reviews for some of the nominees to see if I could find the worst rated club. I found three that stand out: Hillside Inn, Milwaukee [view link] Touch of Gold Night Club, Cleveland [view link] Artist Cafe, New Orleans [view link] Of these, Artist Cafe is closed and Hillside Inn only has one review, so I'm inclined to name Touch of Gold Night Club the worst club on tuscl. The only recent non-shill review it has over one star is from someone who lives in Cleveland, who may have a distorted opinion of what a strip club should be.

11 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    "who may have a distorted opinion of what a strip club should be" Distorted by what? I suppose living in Cleveland. :) ;) He should move to Toledo. LOL Being closer to The Motor city might help straighten out his "Vision".
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I would love to see such a list come back here myself. Then again, I don't know how helpful it would be, because there could be some dump in the middle of nowhere that could be the worst strip club, but it wouldn't make the list because no one reviews it.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I think there are two other things which can be said that I missed. One is that if such a list existed, that would probably stop people from going to clubs on the list and I don't think the people who run TUSCL want that, even if they say it is a work of fiction. Another thing is that a club that the typical TUSCL reader would not like may be a great club for people who do not post on TUSCL, or even have the internet, for that matter. Pretty much any dive bar has customers who aren't there at all to see the naked ladies, even if they end up seeing that yes, there are naked ladies in this here bar. As for places that were on the worst list, I know that Dancers Show Club in the NW Chicago suburbs (I think it was Palatine) and Kenny May's in Hammond, IN used to routinely make it, but both have closed. Dancers was the unquestioned worst place I ever went to, complete with bad dancers and overpriced everything. The one friend from the Chicago area I still talk to regularly, who is also something of a Strip club fanatic, without ever knowing I had been there once, told me that that is the worst place he ever went to.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Cleveland does have redeeming qualities. How many cities do you know of where the main river has caught fire? No need to bring matches or a lighter in town, just take a stroll by the Cuyahoga. :)
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Many clubs qualify for the worst of the worst but nobody goes there to bother reviewing them
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Yeah, I suppose such a list could discourage visitors, which might be a bad thing. Personally, I would visit such a club out of curiosity. "Distorted by what? I suppose living in Cleveland." Yes, exactly. I don't mean to slam Cleveland, which is otherwise a fine town, but it does have a reputation for poor clubs.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    "What happened to the bottom 40 list?" Simple. It was dropped because there was little interest in it.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    There is a problem with the Bottom 40 list. A club only one great review does not make the top 10 list (I'm not really sure what goes into the score, but there must be more than the average or reviews. The problem with a terrible club is that it might have one terrible review because it really is terrible or because the one reviewer was in a foul mood. But if you need to have a minimum number of reviews in order to be on the bottom 40 list then it may be some clubs on the list are actually better than some clubs that are not on the list but to not have many reviews.
  • maburton
    12 years ago
    I am so proud to be living in Cleveland. I'm sure it shows.
  • maburton
    12 years ago
    Also, this place needs to be on everyone's bottom 40: Sam's Hideaway - [view link]
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    My God that's bad. But is it really a strip club if it has no girls? I'll be in Sandusky next week but Medina is probably too far to go just for a joke.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion