Poll: Best Interstate For Sripclub Road Trip

minnow
Any place that interests me.
Rather than hijack Shadowcats thread, I thought I'd ask what would be best Interstate for a road trip. Criteria that must be met is 1) Club must be within 5 miles of Interstate Exit. 2) Must be on exit road, or at the most, on a street intersecting exit road. 3) An exception/extension will be granted to beltways/bypasses around major metro areas(eg, I'll consider 495 beltway around WashingtonDC to be part of I95, as motorists could be reasonably expected to utilize this rather than wade thru downtown DC. Ditto for 275 around Detroit, 465 around Indy, 270 around St Louis, etc, etc). My vote goes to I75 from Detroit to Miami. There appear to be some worthy clubs in Detroit, Dayton, Lexington, Atlanta, Tampa, and Miami terminus. Your choice(s)??

21 comments

• Book Guy
    18 years ago
    ShotDisc: I utterly concur with your analysis of I-75 from Atlanta on south. *In* Atlanta there are some cool clubs (though, as you point out, they're on the wrong interstate, but whatever); then, in the lower half of Georgia and the upper half of Florida there's NOTHIN'. Then, there's Tampa (and yes, avoid Clearwater / St. Pete, no contact; I used to live there; see my reviews!). Sarasota? Nah. Fort Myers? Nah. Miami? Sure, but Fort Lauderdale is where it's at.

• ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    Not familiar with I-75 north Chattanooga, but here is my take on the trip from Chatt to FL.

Chattanooga is a strip club wasteland. do not even waste time stopping

The majority of strip clubs in GA are in Metro Atlanta. I-75 comes in from the NW and goes thru downtown. Some of the most popular clubs such as the Pink Pony and Oasis are closer to I-285 and I-85. The Cheetah and some of the others are within 5 miles of 75. Following 75 south there are really no good clubs again until you hit the Tampa area. There are a few clubs in South Georgia but nothing worth visiting. In Tampa most of the clubs are off 275. Stay on the Tampa side of the Bay, St. Pete and Clearwater are awful. One exception, Bare Assets in Tarpon Springs, NW of Tampa.

South of Tampa there a couple of clubs in Sarasota and a handful in Ft Myers. Not much in the way of mileage. If you continue on I-75 to Miami you will go thru Alligator Alley, a strip of road that runs thru the Everglades. I-75 ends just north of Miami. In my opinion, it is worth the time to go north on i-95 up into Ft. Lauderdale/Broward County and West Palm Beach/Palm Beach County, especially since they changed Tootsies in Miami. Hope this helps.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    The problem with the I-75 suggestion is, that although Miami / Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa would be great destinations, in between them is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You'll have a three hour view of swamp and brush fires. Maybe the discussion should be more along the lines of, what puddle-jumping local AIRLINE affiliate would be best?
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Chandler, most of the better clubs in the area are on major highways and not at all hard to find. In Philly a lot of them are on Delaware Ave. which is a major north-south route along the Delaware River. Playhouse Lounge is on route 130 which is a major highway on the other side of the river. Wagon Wheel is 1/2 block off of US route 40 about half way between I-695 and I-895 which at that point are only about a mile apart. You could easily spend a couple hours in the early afternoon at Playhouse, hop on nearby I-295 south to I-95 in Wilmington, then on to Bartimore for the evening. It's maybe a 2.5 hour drive. If I were doing it I'd have dinner at Gentlemen's Gold Club which is also on route 40 just up the street from the Wheel. Not sure Mr. Happy could handle it but that would be the only problem.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    FONDL, that sounds like a fertile stretch of interstate. However, if I were to explore clubs of the region, I would expect to spend most of my time poking aound city streets looking for the funky little dives. I-75 from Detroit to Tampa is a mighty long hike with not much in between, and practically nothing between Lexington and Atlanta.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I should also point out that the #9 rated club is just off of I-895 in Baltimore. Is there any other area of the country where you can visit 2 top-10 rated clubs in the same day (Playhouse Lounge and Manhattan Players Club aka Wagon Wheel) without an airplane? I'm not aware of any.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Minnow, I was joking, feel free to count any roads that you wish to count, as long as I can stretch the definition of what's near the exit. Which by the way you have to do to count most of Tampa's clubs, even if you include I-275. My point is that I can drive from the Philly airport north on I-95 to I-276 east into NJ, a stretch of maybe 20-25 miles, and pass close to more than a dozen good clubs, including the #1 rated club in the US and at least 3 others that I think are even better. I don't know of any other comparable stretch of interstate that comes close to that.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    OK, FONDL, a thruway, beltway, or some other combination of thru around that allows you to continue onward on interstate at some further point (as 275 does rejoin 75 South of Tampa). My specs were designed to be more inclusive, rather than exclusive. Happy now??
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Minnow, I was only trying to follow your rules. If you don't mean them, don't propose them. I still don't think the Tampa clubs qualify, as I-275 is a separate highway leading to St. Pete, not a beltway around Tampa. And yes, many of the good Philly clubs are very close to I-95 exits, and the two best Baltimore clubs are close to the US 40 exit off I-895, which does meet your definition of a beltway around the city, as do I-76, I-276 and I-476 in Philly which also have some clubs near their exits especially in the airport area. Many of Providence's better clubs are also very close to I-95 and I-295 exits. There are also several clubs close to I-95 exits in Connecticut (eg. Toland.)
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    FONDL: Yes, I do consider 895 through Baltimore as being part of 95, as its directly accesible from 95. Same for 275 Tampa. Sheeshh splitting hairs over through vs around, both cases could be conveniently accessed and utilized. BTW, do the clubs you have in mind meet my other criteria, eg within 5 miles, direct exit off, or prominent inxn, none of this, go 3 lights, turn left, go 1 mile, take left fork, then turn right 1 block, look for dry cleaners, etc etc etc?
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Minnow, I-275 doesn't go around Tampa, it goes through the center of it, and therefore doesn't meet your criteria. If you're going to count I-275 then we should also include I-76 and I-276 around and through Philly and I-895 through Baltimore as part of I-95, which adds a whole bunch of additional good clubs. I still say that I-95 from Providence to DC and through south Florida passes within 5 miles of more good clubs than any other comparable length of interstate anywhere else.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Minnow: The Living Room in Dayton was a highlight of my drive up I-75 a year ago. The mileage was better then than your review indicated - very good 2-way touching - although I tried just one dancer, a very cute redhead named Sierra.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    FONDL: Re Tampa - I did specify that a beltway or bypass around the city would count. As 275 loops just north of downtown, and rejoins 75 south, it fits my definition. Mons Venus & 2001 both on Dale Mabry exit. Although not a top rated club, Deja Vu is within 2-3 miles of Rt 75, directly on Rt60 Adamo Rd exit. Still offers more mileage than a lot of locales. Oh, and Ybor Strip is practically visible from 275. As an aside, I did a minitour of 2 Interstates (70&75) with 2 different clubs (Living Room, Baby Dolls, resp) just off Interstate reviewed.
  • founder
    18 years ago
    Well, I hope the new mapping feature on tuscl makes your lives a little easier :)

• Clubber
    18 years ago
    Bones7599,

If you take the I-75 route, when it ends, just keep on heading south to Key West. Some fine clubs there, at least there were. Haven't been down there in awile.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Founder: Bravo! And Yay! to the new 'Find Nearby Clubs' link!
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    DD: I70 from St.Louis to Indy would be a no brainer good candidate choice, as would I75 from Miami to Tampa. Besides good SC cities on Interstate, I was looking for distance, too, hoping that my selected example would convey that. Still, I70 from Columbus-Topeka would be an alternate vote, as would I10 from El Paso to LA.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I'd have to vote for I-95, which passes within a lot of good clubs in Providence, NJ (including the #1 ranked club in the US which I don't especially like), Philly, Baltimore, Richmond and the whole east coast of Florida. BTW, I don't believe that I-75 passes within 5 miles of the top Tampa clubs, it's east of the downtown area.
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    I'm with Dandy Dan on this one, although it might be wishful thinking, since I live about four miles from I-70. However, based on the criteria of being no more than five miles from the thoroughfare itself, or a linked urban beltway, I would start off in Olathe KS at Bonita Flats (might have to take slight liberties on the mileage requirement, but maybe not), proceed to Columbia, Missouri, to Club Vogue, then to St. Louis for any number of clubs, then onto Indy for my two favorites, BBF and/or Dancers. I don't know anything about points west. However, I am headed to Columbus, OH soon and would appreciate tips on any good clubs.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    I'd vote for I-70. You got St. Louis and Indy, which everyone here seems to know about, and then some of my personal favorite clubs in Topeka and Lawrence, Kansas. Of course, there's also KC, which sucks, but I suppose it's OK if your purpose is just to see stripclubs. Columbus Ohio has a large number of clubs. There might even be a Podunk club or two along the way for all I know.
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    My vote, I-75. I live in South Florida, and have traveled I-75 many time in the last 35 years, from Miami to Detroit. I've been to many clubs up and down the interstate. In recent years, perhaps not as good as in the past. With Atlanta, Dayton, Detroit and Miami on the route, it would be a definate cadidate for #1.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion