tuscl

Jail - Part Two

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Wednesday, May 9, 2012 3:16 PM
The thread started by ALP got me thinking about some past ATFs. I don't drink much. Rarely in clubs because I won't drink and drive. I don't do drugs. I would like to think I am attracted to the more conservative dancers, kind of like me. Yet, my last three ATF's have all spent at least a night in jail. A DUI, an assault, and driving with a suspended license. No hard core criminals by any means, and at the risk of making a broad generalization, are dancers more probe to go to jail than their peers.

12 comments

• JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I would say yes if we are going to make a broad generalization about it... But ! As with anythang else their are some exceptions out their
  • maburton
    12 years ago
    I don't want to say "Yes!" and come off like I'm judging an entire group, but...yes. In general, you have people who are willing to engage in riskier activity for the sake of earning money and/or entertaining themselves. While I can't cite statistics, and I could be wrong, I would tend to think that yes - they are more likely to end up involved in criminal activity. Whether or not that means jail time depends on the nature of the crime and if they're repeat offenders, but I'd say in general - yes.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    @motorhead - these are the same girls that kept getting sent to the principal's office in high school, lol
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    My longest lockup was 20 minutes in the back of a squad car. Would have been shorter but he got a call and took me on a high-speed chase. But many of the people I know have spent at least a night in jail. I know only a couple who have been to prison.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Are there exceptions? No" There are exceptions Mr Expert!
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    My dancer friends--the girls I have gotten to know well--are pretty nice people. But they have all spent at least a night in jail. DUI, drug possession, domestic violence, prostitution, etc. As Che said, they live in a culture where criminal activity is not unusual. Most strippers grew up in tough neighborhoods and they have friends and relatives who are no strangers to the police. One dancer told me that she used to date a Detroit drug dealer recently convicted of murder. Another fav disappeared for months, and when she returned she told me she had been in jail for violating a court order. Strippers are risky people in a risky profession. I don't judge strippers for having been in jail. But I don't want to go to jail myself, because I've heard about what happens to good looking guys in prison.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I think stripping is a symptom of other behavior - drugs and low self-esteem mostly. Drugs help deaden some stuff they might be (refusing to) deal with. Of course, most people will not tolerate working around people who are high a great deal of time. So one ends up working a job where people kind of don't care. Flashing and such behavior to get attention is low self-esteem I believe. This might work in reverse because for a lot of "yes," there still are many more "no's" - hence the postings of strippers going nuts on "no." They are putting their most intimates on parade and you dare to say NO! For many their psyche is so beat up by drugs, shit friends, or worse, fucked parents (you all know what I mean) that their beauty and sexuality is all they have left to be proud of. A lot of times drugs and low self-esteem go hand in hand. This leads on to going down the steps one at a time into hell. I do think stripping strengthens any asocial behavior a person might have. In most jobs, one wants to build personal bridges - in stripping, um, no. Which is funny because just like film stars, the idea is to get known and loved by many but still not be known by them. A search for acceptance but not doing the complementary part of returning it. When on drugs, one tends to do very stupid shit. I think that is pretty clear. So these things amplify on each other and soon they are like "Fuck society and it's norms - I steal from fucks in the club, I still from fucks in the discount store." I was in a seminar and a psychologist said "When your baby is running around with thugs, s/he isn't the 'good one.' S/He is just as bad as the rest of them." These girls are picking these losers and they know it.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    "I don't judge strippers for having been in jail. But I don't want to go to jail myself, because I've heard about what happens to good looking guys in prison." There are a lot of girls who sat in the car while Bobby or Bo Bo decided to rob and get into gun fire with the local drug dealer... and she ended up being a part of the crime simply by being there. The women's prisons are filled with chicks like this.
  • travelguy10
    12 years ago
    I bet the most common reason for a stripper to go to jail has to be driving on a suspended license. At my reg club, I bet if there was a license check, AT MOST, 50% would actually have a valid license. No idea why.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Define "peers". A stripper's peers would be othe strippers, would they not? My CF/ATF claims she's never been in jail, though I know she's been caught driving with no license and no insurance before. My former ATF had at least one DUI, for which she spent some time, not sure how long, in jail. The girl I call MFC has been in jail on drug and child support charges a number of times.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "Define "peers". A stripper's peers would be othe strippers, would they not?" George, yes you are correct. I realized it was a poor choice of words after I posted. I meant basically other females in their general age group. Sorry it was confusing.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    This is one experience that I can share with strippers. I once spent a night in the 'drunk tank' back in my much wilder youth - an experience I never want to repeat. My stomach still heaves at the memory of that foul communal cell redolent with the smell of body order, puke, shit, and bleach.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion