tuscl

Latest outrage

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
Sunday, April 29, 2012 8:48 AM
A rant and a warning: I made a late night stop at The Coliseum at 1:30am, April 28. (Saturday night/Sunday morning.) Dressed in suit and (bow) tie. Valet guy tells me that despite the late hour, there was still plenty of activity inside. So I head in. When I gave the door girl a $20.00 to pay the $5.00 cover, she told me that she didn't have change, but if I wanted to tip her, she would let me in. I left, never to return.

18 comments

• motorhead
    12 years ago
    Thanks for spreading the word SuperDude. One of the purposes here should be to expose liars and cheaters. At minimum I hope the manager is reading this and fires her.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I would have done the same thing. I had a bar maid at the Discoteque Lounge in Augusta GA refuse to accept $2 bills in payment for my drink. Her reason? No place for them in her cash register. I paid with other bills but she did NOT get a tip.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    It seems that either she thought you were prime ripoff meat or they had put all their money in a time locked safe. More likely the ripoff scenario. Yeah, go elsewhere!
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I'm somewhat sympathetic to dancers who have no change. It's not like they have a lot of pockets to carry money in. But the door girl? At 1:30? I hope you didn't pay the valet.
  • Tingle735i
    12 years ago
    SuperDude, that's a bunch of bs. I'm familiar with the club and area. Thanks for the info,
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I think I can break the $20 will $5's do?
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    SuperDude, I'll take your word for the outrageousness. Let me pose this question though. Was it a case that she wanted a $15 tip in your opinion or do you think she was making a deal?? Rather than pay the club, just tip her. Either way, I'd have done the same as you and leave. Just curious, as I've experienced the "tip" thing, rather than pay the club the cover.
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    It is common here for door girls to allow regular customers in for free with the unspoken understanding that you "tip" them some amount. Of course the "I don't have change" remark indicates a ripoff. I probably would have left too, but the "never to return" remark seems to be hasty. Is this an isolated incident, or do they try to ripoff everybody?
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Coliseum does have a free admission coupon on their website
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @superdude: Are you sure she wasn't offering to let you in for a more standard one it two dollar tip, or are you assuming that she was looking to take the rest of your twenty? I would have assumed the former and given her a single or two.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    detroit 8 mile club staff can be pretty shady sometimes. I met up with vincemichaels at the Penthouse club and the waitress did not bring back the correct change and assumed her tip.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    On the subject of asking for a tip upon entrance to a strip club, I hate it when I see a tip jar at the cashier of a strip club. They hope that customers will tip them just for accepting their cash for admission to the club! GIve me a break !!!
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Pass the Coliseum by and keep on trucking down 8 Mile Road to the Penthouse Club.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    As Dougster would put it: Lying, thieving whores !!
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    I assumed that she was asking for cover plus tip--the whole $20.00. Otherwise she could have said, "Drop a couple of singles in the jar and go on in?" It was too late in the evening for me to negotiate or to try to understand. Just fucking annoying.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Absolutely fucking annoying, sounds like a cunt that waitressed at a club I go to. She thinks she's entitled to a large amount of $$ as a tip, rather than giving me correct change from a $10. Doesn't happen, and after I demand proper change, she gets less than a dollar as a tip. What a stupid cunt.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I've been to clubs where there was a tip jar by the door girl, but if you put in a couple bucks she would flash her tits.
  • HonestT
    12 years ago
    @SuperDude: are you sure she wasn't trying to get you to pay her for xxxtras at the door? Door Girl: "you can jerk off into the tip jar for $15. Go ahead, I'll watch." A dancer has been trying to get me to visit her there. I'll be on guard if I ever do.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion