tuscl

What about unionisation for strippers?

Monday, June 12, 2006 7:38 PM
It was famously talked about here in Las Vegas by an enterprising stripper. She was and is blackballed for having the guts to comtemplate sumpin so radical. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing it as hearing some of the details that came out of the G-string trial here in Vegas where multiple dancers were pimped out for customers by the owner of Cheetahs got me to wondering if shit like this, which I believe to be fairly common would be neutralised if women felt they had an outlet to complain to. Prolly a pipedream. The reason I bring this up is because it sounded like sexkitten70 had known of the stripper i am referencing.

8 comments

• Yoda
    18 years ago
    Just about everything that is good about being a stripper would go down the tubes if they where unionized. Smart strippers understand this.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Strippers are too cutthroat and self-interested to co-operate with each other long enough to form a union or to keep one together. If they tried any collective action there would be cheaters. These are women who fight with and steal from each other all the time!
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    I can see it now: PL walks up to hot blonde, Latina, or whatever, and asks for a lapdance. Hot dancer replies: "I'd be happy to oblige, but you see that old hag in the corner? She's got seniority."
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    So what's the supposed advantage to them? They get to pay for the privilege of having another group of people abuse them too? And whose side would the wiseguys be on, since they'd own both the club and the union? Would we have to ask to see both a green card and a union card before we could get a lap? Should be especially fun in the right-to-work states.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    I'd just want to go to one of their membership rallies.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    [view link] For anyone interested.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    A remark I remember from back when SF strippers tried it: If strippers unionize, their regulations will make it so anytime you get a lapdance you'll have to pay for two other strippers to lean on a shovel and watch.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    It was tried in San Francisco a few years back. I don't think anything came of it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion