tuscl

Yoda and the World Cup

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:56 AM
I bet that, like me, Yoda is rooting for Brazil. In his case a win by them could lead to some really fun celebration. In my case I just think they're the most entertaining team to watch, have been for years, I love their style of play. But if I were a betting man I'd pick Germany, I think they'll win it all on their home turf. They've certainly looked like the best team so far. Brazil tends to get very careless at times, especially once they get ahead, which almost cost them in their first game. Can't do that against the better teams. So how are the Brazillian strippers behaving lately, anyone notice any difference since the Cup games started? Yoda?

13 comments

• Book Guy
    18 years ago
    What is WITH the referees ... !!?? ...
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    Argentina will have a hard time with host Germany. The Germans will get the benefit of the calls to be sure. That certainly should be a good match. England/Portugal will be tough. England has their injuries, but Portugal has their card problems. I still had England in my final four, but that will be interesting.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    FONDL: I've only been to one club since the World Cup started and that was to see a Filipino dancer. My experience with Brazilian dancers is that they will seldom take a day off for any reason other than Good Friday. If Brazil where to play on a Sunday or a Monday-two very slow days in the clubs that I go to-you might see definite lack of Brazilian Dancers. I am, of course, hoping for a Brazilian victory as it does put my favs into a really good mood!
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I hope the Italians do lose. I get really sick of watching them take dives ever time an opposing player gets close to them. I don't see any other teams doing that. Let's hope they draw a decent official who starts booking them for it. Faking fouls and injury are the one true boring aspect of the game. But we've gotten a little off topic here. My original question is whether anyone has noticed any of their Brazilian strippers acting differently since the games began? Which is why the topic was addressed to Yoda, but anyone may answer.
  • hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    Glad SOMEONE threw Argentina in there. The two South American squads (Brasil the other),along with Germany have clearly looked the best so far. It'll be interesting to see if either Italy or England can awaken from their slumber. If the Italians go down tomorrow a collective nation will commit hari-kiri.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    The Purple Church (Pure Platinum, Memphis) did NOT have the World Cup playing on their big screen during first-round group play a week-and-a-half ago. And atone of the (many) local taquerias here in Jackson, MS, La Cazuela, I had to TELL the ALL-MEXICAN STAFF that Mexico was playing and get them to turn the TV on.
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    FONDL - A lot of people do call 1-0 baseball games boring. I don't but I'm a baseball fan. To soccer fans, a 1-0 game can be exciting. To each their own. Brazil will be tough to beat once they start trying, which will be during the knockout stage. England will be hurt by losing Owen. Argentina will be the Brazillian's toughest competition, IMO.
  • ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    At least both clubs I have been in since the World Cup started have had the games playing on their TV's.. Thanks PP Columbia and Booby Trap Pompano Bch.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Spoken like a true dumyank ... I always have wondered why Americans are so bad at accepting the fact that humans who are different from themselves might actually have something positive to offer.
  • messaround
    18 years ago
    How can a soccer team impress anyone? In the words of Jim Rome.....let me check...50 minutes into the game ... yup the score is 0 - 0. Uh-oh it's 2 - 0 with 24 minutes left - game over. And these guys that get tripped and need a stretcher to get off the field - but are OK in like 3 minutes. I guess you need to grow up with it.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I'm tired of Brazil. Look, he can do step-overs! Look, he can flick it with the side of his third metatarsal, the same bone Wayne Rooney broke! Look, eleven dudes running around smiling! I like the German ethos -- organized, like a textbook, something from which you can teach kids how to play. I'm impressed with Spain this time 'round, but they always impress in group play and then find some sort of cultural death wish. What will it be this time? Not playing Fabregas and Raul? Like the French leaving Trezeguet on the bench ... coaches lose games, _also_sprach_Wynalda_ ...
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    I'd have to pick Germany myself, although Brazil is generally everyone's 2nd favorite team. That reminds me of something that happened at my favorite club last weekend. They had a Mexican girl on stage and she had a soccer ball styled top, and all the Mexican dudes in the crowd tipped her. The world really goes ga-ga for the World Cup.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    There's a reason why soccer is the most popular game in the world - constant non-stop action. I can never understand the complaint about not enough scoring, does anyone complain about a 1-0 baseball game not being exciting? And a typical baseball game lasts twice as long as a soccer game. I think you have to have played a sport to truly enjoy watching it, and not that many older Americans have played soccer. Fortunately I did.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion