tuscl

Unusual request

Shekitout
South Carolina
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:19 AM
Former dancer I had my first OTC with was last seen by me on 5-11 when she asked me to help her establish an email address which I did. She wanted to do a resume & send it by email in response to an ad she had seen. I left her at the library working on her resume & did not hear anything further from her until 6-10 when she left a voicemail asking me to call her at her parents home. I did but didn't make contact. The next day she called at &:15 AM asking me to meet her at a restaurant & then take her to the hospital emergency room. I was on my way to the restaurant when I spotted her walking & pulling a suitcase. Stopped & picked her up & went to the emergency room she said she had already called. Was to check in, & then it would be 1 1/2 hours before admission & we could go eat breakfast & then hang out. She checked in, they told her to get her suitcase & she would be admitted. I got the suitcase for her & the person at the emergency desk took it & told me the person would have to call me later. I left, got breakfast & waited to hear from her but did not. Went back to the hospital & was told she had left. Haven't heard anything further. Maybe she'll wait another month before making contact again. Told me on the way to hospital she was just tired & needed to rest. Hospital more than likely didn't admit her as she most likely has no insurance. She has 2 sisters than live in town & I know one of them told me as of 3 PM Sun she hadn't heard from her. She might have gone to younger sister's place. Who knows? Stripclub buddy says I need to stay away from her as she has personal problems & that if she were to kill herself I might be a person of interest & be interrogated by the local gendarmes. I feel sorry for her as it appears she has nowhere to go since she doesn't want to stay at her parents place any longer. Advice?

14 comments

• Shekitout
    18 years ago
    Since my last post someone who has experienced a drying out session explained that he didn't want any visitors as he was too embarrassed to have anyone see him under the circumstances. This might have been part of the reason I was not approved as a visitor but most probably I will never really know why she didn't allow a visit.
  • Shekitout
    18 years ago
    She's out of the facility as of today. Do not know if she got the card I mailed to her or not. Her mother never even attempted to visit her at the facility. I know she would not have wanted to see her step dad. I don't think a sister of hers I was in contact with tried to visit. Mayb her younger sister did-who knows. I'm moving on-might as well. Just hope she gets her life straightened out & makes it.
  • hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    TOUGH TOUGH spot. makes me remember why I am better off NOT knowing too much of the personal lives of strippers. Of course the 22 YO stripper whose mother is an alcoholic and whose herself glorifies blacking out is one I am rapidly distancing myself from.
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    I'd let it go. She didn't approve you as a visitor. Maybe she wants/needs to forget about everything in her stripper life so she won't think of doing drugs.
  • Shekitout
    18 years ago
    Since my last post I've learned that she is in a state-operated alcoohol & drug treatment facility. I tried to visit her but she did not/would not come to the phone & approve me as a visitor. Best I can do right now is send her a get well card c/o of the facility. Stay tuned!
  • Golfer99
    18 years ago
    If you find her, and I hope you do. I think that a visit to a local mental health clinic or a shrink would be the best medicine you could give her.
  • Shekitout
    18 years ago
    Thanks for the responses. Defintely need to check on support agencies who can help her. I have no way to contact her as her cell phone is no longer in service(most probably due to unpaid bill) There might have been a phone call from her on Tues as I had a missed call from (no number). That was always displayed when she called me from the apartment she used to stay in. Called her older sister every day this past week to see if she knew what was going on but either she was out of town or else ignored everyone of my calls(assume she had caller ID & saw the # that was calling) & answering machine messages I left. Maybe the older sister doesn't give a shit-who knows? BTW the phone call on last Sun was at 7:15 AM, not 8:15.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I also lean toward helping people who I like, depending on the situation and provided that the risks aren't too great. I don't think we have nearly enough background about this girl to know what the risks are so I can't make a recommendation. All I can suggest is that you do what feels right and be careful.
  • T-Bone
    18 years ago
    I agree 100% with Yoda. Helping people is always a good thing. But check yourself. Expecting permanent positive change is a different ballgame likely to disappoint, time and time again. If you have any friends that are junkies....you know what I mean.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    I would say that if you are going to get involved in helping this girl you need to be honest with yourself about your expectations in return.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Quite trying to fix broken people and/or exploiting poor white trash you stupid old fuck.
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    I don't know about where you reside, but here, there is help for those with problems, even without any insurance. I would bet there are such organizations local to you. Only you can judge the risk, but to just turn away, I don't think I could do that. Check out now, what can be done for her, and then if she makes contact, you will already know where to get her help. Best of luck to her and yourself.
  • hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    If she isn't a lost cause and you want to get involved more I would prolly do so depending on how much you have to lose. Sounds like she's crying out for help.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    This sucks, and I hate to say it, but I think your buddy is right. It sounds like drugs or mental illness or both, and that she's about to bottom out. How much could you help? I dunno. How bad could she fuck up your life? Probably a lot more than you could mend hers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion