tuscl

New to strip clubs - question about protocol

bb12
California
Monday, March 26, 2012 4:06 PM
I have only been to strip clubs twice and thus don't really know how they work. If you sit near the stage, are you expected to tip the dancer? If so, how much is an appropriate tip? One of the patrons was throwing crumpled up dollar bills on the stage - is this appropriate? If a waitress brings you a drink, should you tip her? How much? If a dancer gives you a lap dance, should you tip her? How much is appropriate? If you go to a strip club, are you supposed to buy dances, or is it o.k. to just chill and watch the stage show?

18 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    Most persons who sit stage side do tip the dancers a dollar at a time unless they have $$$$$$ to burn & make it "Rain" a bunch of money. I about 99.99% of the time don't sit stage side. And I only tip a Dancer on stage if I want her to sit with me & then do a "Dance". For this I'll usually tip between $5 & $20 as a way to get her Attention! I usually tip the waitress the change due from my Soft drink cost. On a $7.75 Pop I'll use a $10 and let her have the change as a tip. But I have also only tipped $1 for a Pop. I as a matter of course have not tipped Dancers for straight Lap Dances unless they push the issue. And then no more than $10. I only do Xtras sessions now with Dancers & my ATFs. And that usually is an up front agreed upon monetary amount. "If you go to a strip club, are you supposed to buy dances, or is it o.k. to just chill and watch the stage show?" Yes you may just sit there and watch. Dancers usually IMHO aren't thrilled with this type of Stirp Club goer. After all they aren't making any $$$ from you! LOL I believe there is a slang term for this type of patron, but I cannot recall it at this moment.
  • Bishop4224
    12 years ago
    If you sit near the stage, tip to your hearts content. $1 is the standard rate but if you enjoy her performance, feel free to tip more. I know most don't do it this way, but I tip heavy if there is a girl I'm interested in her company & dances. You could, of course, just ask her to stop by too (or both) when she's offstage. As for the waitress, depends on the drink & price. Tip like you're at a normal bar or tip heavy on your first drink to cover yourself for several drinks (if you wish) or to guarantee prompt service. As for lap dances, people call me a sucker, but I thought it was standard to tip after a private LD. I've come to learn many don't, but I tip usually $5 per song but I only do so because I can afford to. As for sitting & just watching, well you better be drinking and if you're not buying dances, if a girl sits to chat with you and she spends a good chunk of time talking (and you don't intend to buy dances), tip her for her time & offer to buy her drink as well. She's not a pro bono therapist and if she's not earning money because she's sitting with you, you'll likely end up sitting alone on future visits because word has spread amongst the ladies. Just my dos centavos
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Whether or not you tip is, of course, up to you, but strip clubs are similar to restaurants and bars in that tips are more or less expected. I would never advocate tipping for crappy service, but if you're being treated well, tipping is likely to keep that going. If you're sitting at the stage, you *should* tip, and a dollar every time she dances for you is certainly adequate. More if you want to attract her attention. If you don't want to rip the dancer on stage any more, get up and sit somewhere else. They won't be offended; it's the way it works. I've always considered throwing crumpled up bills at a dancer to be crass. Hand it to her, for gods' sake. Aside from being polite, it gives you a chance to say "thanks" and maybe invite her to your seat for a drink, if you're so inclined. Not to mention that actually handing it to her migh result in some minimal contact. I seldom tip more than a dollar for any drink, but that's just me. As for lapdances, it depends on the quality, and what she lets me get away with. If I do tip, it's in the area of 25% of the dance cost. I also suggest that you read the glossary; some of your questions, and others, are covered there. <a href="[view link]
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    I like the stage show. I aim for $1 per song when sitting by the stage. Some ROBs expect more than $1 per song on stage and I try to avoid them if they are not that attractive. Unlike draclua, I do not usually receive mor attention due to a larger stage tip. I personally do not like the balled up dollar throwing. However, it is common in certain clubs. Once you've been clubbin for awhile, you'll come to the realization that stripper only care about the money. So, crumpled or nicely folded or whatever doesn't make much of a difference to her. Green is green. I think a tip to the waitress is apropriate. I don't drink when clubbing so this really doesn't apply to me. My guess is at least $1. LD tips are, um, encouraged by most dancers. I suspect the hound on here will give you a wide range of suggestions on this. The best advice I can think of for this is, the tip if any should be determined by services received. It is ok to chill and just watch the stage show. However, if you are only watching the stage show, I would recomend tipping at the stage. I would expect you to be black listed by the dancers if you are just taking up space and neither tipping or buying dances. Buying dancers (i.e. spending more) is prefer by the dancer. They only care about the money. Do not be come a RIL (regular in love). Regular visits to club(s) while keeping you head on straigh is fine. RIL is not.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    drackula, "rock" or "spectator" or are you thinking soemthing else?
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Ok dude all these guys ^^^ are fuckin with ya......this is what we all do ! Go to the stage and take your cock out then throw a $20 on stage to get your first blow job ! Works every time !
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Start with "When in Rome...." Sitting at the stage edge should tip each dancer. Most places a dollar is sufficient to not be regarded as a leech. Waitresses everywhere have tips a part of their income. Strip clubs are no different. You will negotiate a price for a dance. Beyond that price tips are for extra special dances. You may need to be discreet in your wording but 'tips' for 'extras' are also usually negotiated beforehand or early in the dance. Yes it is OK to just watch the show, however be sure that you are regularly tipping the dancers in that case.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "One of the patrons was throwing crumpled up dollar bills on the stage - is this appropriate?" I agree with the sentiment - that is a crass practice. I personally prefer to fold my dollar tips into little Origami shapes.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Unlike draclua, I do not usually receive more attention due to a larger stage tip." I said that I tip a Dancer on stage at least $5 or more to get her ATTENTION when asking for her to sit with me & get LDs or Extras. I usually avoid sitting by the stage to avoid the $1 stage tipping thing. The larger tip I give as mentioned earlier doesn't mean she MUST cum to me & give me some of her time, that's up to her. But IME the larger tip has "motivated" dancers to cum sit with me about 95% of the time. "drackula, "rock" or "spectator" or are you thinking soemthing else?" ?? My TUSCL name is Alucard - "Dracula" backwards.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Like I said $100 on stage with cock in your hand will get you full sex every time
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    juice as a former bouncer. i have seen guys do that & i kicked them out. thtas afer hering about it. but if i saw it then the cops were called & charges were filled
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Strip club protocol: 1. Be polite and pleasant to everyone. This will set you apart from the drunken assholes they have to deal with. 2. Tip as much as you can. Waitresses and dancers live on their tips. 3. Buy dancers drinks when they sit with you. This is a form of tipping and will ensure the dancers spend time with you.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    TIP comes the phrase "To insure prompt " service. I was in the restaurant business a long time when I was younger. Service people in restaurants and bars derive a great deal of their income from tips. Tip appropriately bearing in mind service and price for drinks. If you are sitting by the stage, in most cases one is expected to tip the dancers. Other than that, if you get uncommonly good lap dances or extras, the cost of the dance is the price to be paid. ROB's often demand tips, they don't get them from me. I am the customer, not some "slave". I decide what I'll pay. The others here have covered the other bases.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    You can incorporate jackslash's suggestions.
  • Ghosty
    12 years ago
    I cannot emphasize enough jackslash's advice to be polite and pleasant. Don't be a loudmouth show-off for your friends. Strip clubs are the one place I have gotten extra mileage from being Mr. Nice Guy. People will want to spend more time with you and give you better service if they actually enjoy being around you. Remember, you want to touch those ladies in intimate places. That means they have to be comfortable with you. Brush your teeth. Change your underwear. Bathe. These guys make me sound like a big spender at the stage. It ALL varies place to place and club to club, but I never sit AT the stage with less than $2 showing and more in an easy to reach pocket. They will often stay with you as long as you've got dollars to insert in their g-strings. I can't see having a girl wrap her thighs around my neck and grind a half inch from my face and only giving her $1. As others have said, give more if what you're doing is trying to get her attention. This is also the place to let her know you'd like to see her for a dance when she gets off stage if you've had trouble getting close all night. Don't throw anything unless you're 100% sure that's a "thing" at your club. I never do this unless it's a dancer I know well and I'm goofing on her. I tip $1 for every drink or pack of smokes I get from a bartender or a waitress. If the lap dance is good with contact and the girl seems to be into it and trying to please, I will usually tip $5. I do not tip if there's nothing at all special about the dance and I have decided I do not care if this girl pays attention to me in the future or not. Again, you are using psychology and unspoken signals to let her know she should approach you again. It's OK to hang out and be a "looky-loo," but you should be buying something -- drinking, giving some tips at the stage (even if you're not sitting at the stage, if you see someone putting effort in, or someone you like, walk up to the stage, make sure she sees you and toss at least a couple of dollars down). I do suggest getting at least one inexpensive lap dance per visit, however, just to show you're not a piker. You do not have to be the biggest spender in the place to get attention, but you do want to show that you *are* a spender. Good luck, and don't worry. You WILL fuck up. We all do.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    In converations with dancers If you sit at the stage/tip rail you should tip the dancer on stage if you don't it will get around to all the dancers and they will avoid you. Most dancers will make the round of the tip rail once per song. If you want her to come by after the stage to see you tip a little more and ask her to stop by. If you do not want to tip at the rail then don't sit there. $1 is usually enough each time. A waitress can be your best friend or your worst enemy. If she is nice I will tip her 20% or more. Less if she is rude. I tip a little extra as I do not drink much in clubs since most places the cops sit just down the street waiting for the drunks to drive out. Easy money for them too. What really bugs me is the girls that come around for stage tips after they get off stage even when they have collected tips at the rail. It is better if they give you a little table dancer for the buck.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Thanks bang but its not kool letting the new guy all those lies lol Like I said before all these guys are just joshing ya ! Look pull your pants down lay on the stage with your cokc erect and toss some $50's.....you will get so much pink pussy you will go bananananans !
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    bb12, You came to the correct place. Lot's of good advice above, so I'll just end with "Welcome"!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion