tuscl

OT: Facebook

The much touted IPO is coming up. The info is coming out as to how they're going to generate income...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/01/busine…

8 comments

• deogol
    13 years ago
    Certainly the new magazines these days... only you don't have to write articles!
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Fuck Facebook
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    No company, not even apple, is worth 100 time earnings
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    There was recently a Yelp IPO (review site for restaurants and has many strip club reviews). The company is valued at $1.5 billion dollars.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    I think the IPO is a lot on how one can market the web site to advertisers. I am sure TUSCL see's a bunch of use. Does Founder know how to market it to sexy companies other than the loons I see? Dunno.

Maybe the next update should be to accept the incoming IP address and match it to adult businesses in that area.
  • SnakePlissken
    13 years ago
    "No company, not even apple, is worth 100 time earnings"

I totally agree. Low P/E ratios beat out high hype levels every time.

I was a fool for buying Netflix when it was so overvalued when I just got into investing, but thankfully I found bigger fools than me to buy it right before it tanked.

Now I barely consider stocks that have double digit P/E ratios unless they also have dividend yields north of 5%.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    Between algorithmic trading that changes the price on a stock within milliseconds and multiple market crashes within my lifetime (when usually it was once in a lifetime) - I think being a retail investor is a losing proposition. I am really having questions about the market these days. Guns and Gold - Brass and Gas - and a garden maybe. I think we are well on the way to making Greece look like an experimental pot party.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    So, CTQ, will you be buying this thing on the open when first day's trading starts? Do you have enough clout to receive an allotment from one of the underwriters?

I will be taking a pass on this thing; but then I also took a pass on AAPL when it was offered to me many many years ago on its open! Even in my own industry I have often had my head up my ass when presented with similar opportunities with IPOs.

Disregard anything that seems like investment advice in this post. I have proved myself incompetent countless times in the investment world.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion