Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

OT: Facebook

CTQWERTY
CTQWERTY598300

14 yrs ago · 1 min read

The much touted IPO is coming up. The info is coming out as to how they're going to generate income...

Replies (8)Latest

Profile picture for deogol
deogol
•

Certainly the new magazines these days... only you don't have to write articles!

Profile picture for gatorfan
gatorfan
•

Fuck Facebook

Profile picture for mjx01
mjx01
•

No company, not even apple, is worth 100 time earnings

Profile picture for samsung1
samsung1
•

There was recently a Yelp IPO (review site for restaurants and has many strip club reviews). The company is valued at $1.5 billion dollars.

Profile picture for deogol
deogol
•

I think the IPO is a lot on how one can market the web site to advertisers. I am sure TUSCL see's a bunch of use. Does Founder know how to market it to sexy companies other than the loons I see? Dunno.

Maybe the next update should be to accept the incoming IP address and match it to adult businesses in that area.

Profile picture for SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
•

"No company, not even apple, is worth 100 time earnings"

I totally agree. Low P/E ratios beat out high hype levels every time.

I was a fool for buying Netflix when it was so overvalued when I just got into investing, but thankfully I found bigger fools than me to buy it right before it tanked.

Now I barely consider stocks that have double digit P/E ratios unless they also have dividend yields north of 5%.

Profile picture for deogol
deogol
•

Between algorithmic trading that changes the price on a stock within milliseconds and multiple market crashes within my lifetime (when usually it was once in a lifetime) - I think being a retail investor is a losing proposition. I am really having questions about the market these days. Guns and Gold - Brass and Gas - and a garden maybe. I think we are well on the way to making Greece look like an experimental pot party.

Profile picture for farmerart
farmerart
•

So, CTQ, will you be buying this thing on the open when first day's trading starts? Do you have enough clout to receive an allotment from one of the underwriters?

I will be taking a pass on this thing; but then I also took a pass on AAPL when it was offered to me many many years ago on its open! Even in my own industry I have often had my head up my ass when presented with similar opportunities with IPOs.

Disregard anything that seems like investment advice in this post. I have proved myself incompetent countless times in the investment world.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement