tuscl

Will my stories end strip clubbing as we know it?

silkypants
Minnesota
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:24 PM
I will be heading to Detroit again this weekend because I have a addiction to good strip clubs and I don't care to stop. A comment was made that that the stories I post would cause a crack down on strip clubs in Detroit or elsewhere that I might visit. The question is, should I stop posting stories of my adventures on the fictional The Ultimate Strip Club List or keep sharing my stories of my strip club exploits?

18 comments

• JacksonEsskay
    12 years ago
    If Local Law Enforcement can't get a clue from [view link], I don't think TUSCL is going to be their prime source for leads either.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Little ego I think? LE knows what goes on where without this site or any other... You're not gonna hurt anying, especially in Detroit.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Little ego I think?" MORE than a little.
  • cambs
    12 years ago
    IMHO, your stories are not nearly as graphic as what some other users post. Keep up the good work. I'm sure the PDs in Detroit/Dearborn/Inkster or whatever know exactly what's going on and don't care as long as there are no high-profile issues like shootings, etc.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I doubt tuscl is a primary information source for the local cops. I think they prefer to do field work.
  • CTQWERTY
    12 years ago
    SP, if you're really concerned, give Motown a break and work out Toronto. There, it isn't the local city council concerned about the city's image, but rather the massage parlors trying to bring the heat on the strip clubs and vice versa. Hatfields vs. McCoys, Ontario version!
  • Rod8432
    12 years ago
    I think all the code talk and innuendo is not needed. These public sites don't reveal anything that LE doesn't already know. I'm with cambs - so long as there aren't high profile issues, significant complaints from influential people, etc., they leave well enough alone.
  • Rod8432
    12 years ago
    To my point, there used to be a very successful SC called the Gold Club in Atlanta. It was sort of a local celebrity club, with sports stars and other celebs occasionally showing up. All was well for years, until Bell South wanted contiguous land near a Marta station (on which the club stood) for new office towers. The city wanted to facilitate restoration of the overall area, so next thing you know, the club gets stung with an under cover operation, there's loads of media coverage, permits/licenses are revoked, ad nauseum, and the club closes. The building sits vacant for many months, then is leveled, and lo and behold, the Bell South towers eventually rise up from the ashes. The whole sorry affair arose due to where the city wanted to go, financial incentives, and powerful people getting their way. It was never about what actually went on inside the club.
  • JackKash
    12 years ago
    "I doubt tuscl is a primary information source for the local cops. I think they prefer to do field work." E_N, I can see it in that squad room... "Guys, we're going to investigate a local SC. We can either surf the message boards for any comments that may or may not be telling the truth about maybe illegal stuff that may or my not be going on or we can go down to the club and see if we can experience it for ourselves. Okay, so who's staying behind?" <cricket, cricket>
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    In Houston, LE spends 100's of thousands of dollars in field trips to Houston clubs. They partake of all the services they can get from alcohol to sex. Then the hypocritical sob's return in ski masks to arrest the "criminal" dancers to whom they paid money to enjoy in the vip or on the dance floor. Why would they waste time reading reviews on TUSCL?
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    cops go into the clubs for intel not this site
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Opponents of strip clubs want to shut them down even if they only feature topless babes and no extras. If the politicians think they can gain votes, they will go after any and all clubs. Write on, SP, write on. Provide interesting and useful information for customers. The demand for strip clubs is what will keep them in business in the face of bullies who want restrict the supply.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Seriously, I can think of at least two cases in recent years where there was some incident at a Detroit club, and an off-duty cop happened to be right there to help.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Don't worry about it. If the cops are going to bust a place, they're going to do it. TUSCL is a resource to be sure, but I wouldn't let it stop you up in Detroit. It's obvious for the most part, the police have better things to do. Like solve murders. :)
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Yes you ruined it for me
  • TABB
    12 years ago
    Most LE and FLE go to strip clubs every other month or on a monthly basis. If they do raids its pressure from a evangelicalist city council member, neighborhoods putting pressure to shut down the club, PR move and personal interest.
  • newmark
    12 years ago
    Detroit will not do anything that results in fewer people coming into the city and/or spending less.
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    Keep sharing. I think your trip breakdowns have kept a good amount of anonymity. Have fun and be safe.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion