tuscl

Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Saturday, February 11, 2012 5:52 PM
Just reported on CNN. What a loss!

24 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    HOLY CRAP !!! What a shock. The last time I was this shocked at a celebrity dying was the death of Lady Diana. Man !
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    Wow thats a suprise
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "I will always love you" from the movie ""The Bodyguard" has to be one of my all time favorite songs. The fact that it's not typical of the kind of music I normally like is a tribute to her fantastic voice.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    " "I will always love you" from the movie ""The Bodyguard" has to be one of my all time favorite songs. The fact that it's not typical of the kind of music I normally like is a tribute to her fantastic voice." When I listen to that song it always brings a tear to my eyes.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    She had so many great songs. I remember my mom playing her first album back in 1985 all the time. She will be sorely missed. The world lost one of the great singing voices of all-time today. RIP Whitney.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Sorry to hear that, but to me, just another singer. I think a lot of her "fame" was due to her rendition of the National Anthem, some years ago, in which she sung it so incorrectly.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Sorry to hear that, but to me, just another singer. I think a lot of her "fame" was due to her rendition of the National Anthem, some years ago, in which she sung it so incorrectly" Not a fan I guess.
  • Rod8432
    12 years ago
    Like Michael Jackson, seems to be another one who was just too fucked up to handle the fame and success. She was an incredible talent. I remember her first hit "Saving All My Love for You," and thought she was fresh, beautiful, and a fabulous performer. What a sad outcome twenty-five years later.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    It's terrible but I don't think it's really that much of a surprise. Bizarrely enough, I went to my favorite club Friday night, and they played "I Wanna Dance with Somebody", the thing about that being she wasn't dead yet.
  • SnakePlissken
    12 years ago
    Too bad for her Amy Winehouse already used up all the drugs in Hell.
  • LoneLurker
    12 years ago
    I'm sad this happened to someone with so much talent. I always respected her voice, though I was not a fan. I'll always prefer the original Dolly Parton version of "I'll Always Love You" and, like Clubber, I did not like the way she sung the the National Anthem.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    RIP, Whitney
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Alucard, Correct, but never said she wasn't talented, but she was just another singer to me. I don't suppose that you will find anyone anywhere, in this world, that likes and enjoys every singer in it. I will say she seemed pretty stupid hanging around with the Brown idiot.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "her rendition of the National Anthem, some years ago, in which she sung it so incorrectly" I just watched a video of that singing of the Anthem. (I had not remembered the Live singing by her) IMHO it was a pretty normal rendition. I've seen & heard many singers REALLY butcher it (Perhaps due to NO singing talent) or change the way it is sung so radically that it didn't sound like the Anthem to me. (A recent example being the mess made of it my the Aerosmith Band member this year) Again it sounded pretty normal to me. "Sung so incorrectly" I disagree.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Was there ever a better "non-traditional" singing of the Anthem than that done by Marvin Gaye many years ago at the NBA All-Star game. A classic. And another life that ended much too soon.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    @lonelurker, I liked the Dolly Parton version too. I believe she wrote the song. But I watched the Whitney Houston version on YouTube yesterday and it sends shivers down my spine. I am usually rocking out to some AC/DC or Led Zeppelin or some Big Mama Thorton blues, but that song is special.
  • Cheo_D
    12 years ago
    Y'know, sometimes we see one of these stars and we think off the top of our heads that if they dodge the fast young burn a-la Winehouse, Cobain, Morrison, Hendrix then they will live on whether or not they remain succesful. We don't think of the Elvis/Michael/Whitney scenario where the demons eventually catch up on the backstretch, as it were. And yes, for what it's worth her version of the Anthem was fine and dandy when you compare it to what others do to it...
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Wow !
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    Whitney was a shining star and what an amazing talent. At her peak, arguably as great a voice as we'll ever know. With her moving array of love songs, what a loss particularly with Valentine's Day on the horizon.... If/When I get to the club over the next couple days, wouldn't mind hearing some Whitney.........like, "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"......Whitney RIP....
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    According to a morning poll on the MSN homepage, "I Will Always Love You" captured 52% of the vote for your favorite Whitne Houston. In politics, that would be a landslide.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "for your favorite Whitne Houston" My FAVORITE singer is Carly Simon, I LOVE all of her Music! I'm a fan of some of Houston's music. She had a GREAT voice & talent.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Big fan of Carly Simon too My high school Pyschology teacher was 22 years old, fresh out of college. One assignment we had was to write a critical analysis of "You're So Vain". Lol. Not exactly a challenging class.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    " One assignment we had was to write a critical analysis of "You're So Vain" " Did your analysis figure out who was the subject of "You're So Vain"? LMAO "You're So Vain" has been my #1 FAVORITE song since the Day I 1st heard it during the Summer of 1973!
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Seems like she will turn out to be just another stupid drug user that can sing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion