tuscl

Girl does Not like being a Bartender in a Strip Club

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Thursday, January 5, 2012 6:16 AM
If this is what she thinks of bartending at a strip club, I wonder how she would like being a dancer? [view link] Her observations are not far off--although the Manhattan prices are even worse than other places--but she needs a better attitude. She needs to get knocked up by a loser and left to try to make it on a minimum wage job. Then stripping won't seem so bad.

9 comments

• Alucard
    13 years ago
    Simple...Get another job! Geez!!!
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I guess, we'll never know.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Pretty good read. "Unheard of" profit margins... see The Hamilton chain in Detroit. $6.50 for a bottled water when a case of 24 can be had at the local store for $2.99. Then there's the $10 VIP wristband fee, which goes straight to the bar. Plus the bouncer counts the dancer's songs spent in the VIP just so they know how much to take from the girl. It's a cash cow biz.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I wonder how much is "paid" to keep themselves open? I don't think for a minute that someone doesn't gets paid off to allow many clubs to operate. I'm sure that is not a documented expense column item. If not, they could bust them and close them in almost no time.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    @Alucard: Uh, the way I read it, she did exactly that. @CTQWERTY: There's no doubt that strip clubs tend to be a cash cow, but there are considerable expenses as well. Bribes, protection payments, credit card fraud, licensing fees (often higher than for non-adult businesses), fines for crimes happening on the premises liability for drunk fucks that drive home and kill little girls on the way, etc, can add up.
  • HonestT
    13 years ago
    Yes the "tax evasion" and "prostitution protection" fees must be the reason for all the insane profiteering going in in strip clubs. As for the bartender in this article, much the of the same BS goes on in bars and restaurants, minus the weird bathroom sign.
  • PlBruce
    13 years ago
    I am shocked! There are Jewish people in Maine? :-) Seriously, sounds to me like she doesn't like men very much. Her first impulse to a rude comment is felonious assault? Sounds a bit overdone. Definitely not someone who should ever work in a customer service job of any kind.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I think the owners do most of the tax evading and prostitution protection.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    What we read was pretty good but I would like to have read more. Surely there were a lot of other things that happened in the time she worked there that she could have written about.....she must have been stuck with a maximum article length. Agree w/ PIBruce about her reaction to the rude comment.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion