tuscl

How to Make your Strip Club Dollar Go Farther

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Friday, December 16, 2011 3:58 AM
Feds: Man passed fake $20 bills at strip club By April Bethea [view link] Posted: Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011 Federal prosecutors allege a man made fake $10 and $20 bills, and spent two of the bills at a Charlotte strip club. In an indictment filed Wednesday, authorities allege Derrick Moore made the fake bills in August and then passed two of the forged $20 bills at Club Onyx a month later. Moore faces charges of with uttering, or presenting, as well as passing counterfeit obligations or securities. It was not immediately known whether Moore has been arrested. Club Onyx is an adult entertainment club on Old Pineville Road. A website for the company, which has locations in other cities across the country, bills itself as operating the “# 1 urban adult strip club in your city.” Read more: [view link]

16 comments

• mmdv26
    13 years ago
    “# 1 urban adult strip club in your city.” Maybe I'm missing something, but is the word "adult" necessary on that tag line?
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    The combination of "urban" and "city" are also unnecessary. One is sufficient. Once one word has been used, the other is superfluous. This owner obviously didn't have a marketing consultant write that slogan for him/her. We've criticized strippers for being uneducated. Would someone care to start a thread on how dumb some strip club owners are? I'm sure there are a lot a "dumb owner" stories out there.
  • rrbill
    13 years ago
    Is "urban" a euphemism for "black?" Just wondering.
  • uscue13
    13 years ago
    Wonder how they figured out he was the one that passed the fake bills. Do they check all the bills as soon as the dances are over?
  • jc8891
    13 years ago
    Why not use fake bills to tip for fake titties.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    very strange news story
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    What's really strange about it is that he only passed two of the fake bills. At least he should have gotten more than a couple of dances for the crime.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Uscue I am guessing these bills must have looked really fake for the dancer to notice right away
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    @ jc8891: Good one !!! If you think about it, a strip club is probably a good place to pass phony money, if it's used to pay for several lap dances. The room is dark, and often several $20. bills are given at a time to a dancer. I've never seen a dancer hold up a bill to a light to see the security strip. But, then there's not usually light enough to see it either. It probably works the best in a strip club, of any kind of business.
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    Considering how dark most clubs are it seems like a good place to try to pass fake bills.
  • nj_pete
    13 years ago
    Put a real $20 on the top of the bills you give the girls and the counterfit bills under the genuine one. Only the top one will get the most exposure.
  • 3LeggedMan
    13 years ago
    I would think that passing funny money at a strip club is risky in several regards. 1 - club dancers and/or management would be really unhappy with you, potentially leading to you being banned, or referred to ..... 2 - Law Enforcement, who would be really happy to host you at one of their fine facilities, or 3 - Organized crime people, known to be major investors in a high percentage of adult entertainment venues. I'd hate to think how THEY would react to you passing fake $$$$.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I chop my dollar up into 187 pieces makes it last longer. I find that tying fishing line to the dollar is not as effective.
  • 2ofus
    13 years ago
    I was someone would tell these ignorant idiots that "urban" is not a classy synonym for "black". They already named the club Black.
  • jimjones444
    13 years ago
    Club Onyx does in fact use the word "urban" to indicate "black". It is a strip club catering to people who want to see black dancers dance to music you would not hear in your typical "white" club. "Urban" is their politically correct way of indicating this.
  • johnnymapalo
    13 years ago
    Haha. You know I know a man that said he used fake $5 bills at a strip club once. He said he had about $50 in fake 5 dollar bills and spent them all at a strip club. I know that stripper was mad as shit. At one club last month, I gave the same stripper $100 twice to break it for change on a dance and she held it up to the light twice to make sure it was real. She said she does that with every bill she gets. Haha. I guess she been burned already. People seem to love passing fake money off in strip clubs. Hahaha.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion