tuscl

Weather Report From farmerart For Clubber (In Metric)

The first big storm of the season has hit my exploration camp. There has been 'pussy' frost since September but the real deal has finally arrived here, 6500km north of Miami. 30cm of snow, winds howling at 70-80kph, temperatures falling to -30C. The catskinners, rig pigs, fracing crews, and truckers are finally starting to earn their money.

Don't you wish you were here, Clubber?

21 comments

• Clubber
    13 years ago
    Metric is what we call a crotch rocket down my way. All I know about your metric system is that 55 MPH is 88 KPH. I know the conversion due to the fact I've owned to cars from Japan, RHD and all. My take on your post...

Damn glad I am here!!! :)

I also will assume you think lowly of those that might come down here for the winter months, say from places like Michigan?
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    LMAO. 30 cm is nothing. That's just a small storm. We get 60 cm in the good storms. On those wonderful days we fire up the snowmobile and head to the local strip club and stay warm with the dancers. :)
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    This should have been a PM, not a discussion item.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Pictures?
  • Rlionheart
    13 years ago
    30 cm may not be alot, but -30 C is cold by any standard
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    CG,

Even though you won't read this, this board should not be censored.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    I read it. I was only suggesting that the topic was directed at one specific member (you) and may not have been of interest to the majority of those who read the discussion items.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Just as I suspected! No interest and "This should have been a PM, not a discussion item.", yet you come back again. No wonder some believe in censorship! They don't have the will power, common sense, fortitude, or whatever to control themselves.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    VM wrote, "LMAO. 30 cm is nothing. That's just a small storm. We get 60 cm in the good storms"

--

That's right Vince. We need to show Art that not all Americans have lost their survival skills. When the Arctic winds start screaming across the warm waters of Lake Michigan and lake effect snow bands set up just right, it snows, and snows and snows...and just when the sun comes out and you think it's done, it snows and snows some more. 30cm? Child's play. Folks in places like Benton Harbor, St. Joe, even Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo, get out their 13HP Ariens with halogen headlights and handwarmers and look old man winter square in the face and say "fuck you".
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "We need to show Art that not all Americans have lost their survival skills."

Meanwhile, the first snow flurries to hit DC will result in dire TV weather reports, school closings, government and businesses opening late, horrendous tie-ups on the beltway due to all the people who can't drive in snow, and panic buying of bottled water, milk, bread and toilet paper.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Yeah, but insider trading is still legal for DC folk as SEC laws don't extend to them. They'll be able to trade via Blackberry and wait for the stuff to melt.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    The truth about snow in the far north is rather odd for southerners to believe. There is really very little snow here annually and even less the farther north you go. In the far north the snow stays for centuries and gives the impression that there is lots of snow in the Arctic. Just not true - the Arctic is a very arid part of the earth. I'll concede you Michiganders have some frightful lake effect snowfalls each winter.

Now as for temperatures, how do weeks of -40C temps hit you, often with gales causing wind chill equivalents of -50C or lower? I can get a little testy after a couple of weeks of that crap!
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I'd be a frozen solid VM, Art. Our winters are more tolerable in terms of temperatures.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    You wussies!!! Just the other evening I was riding my bike WITHOUT even a jacket, just a tee, and it was almost under 70!
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Yeah, we actually had to turn the AC off today!
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    gmd,

You know it!
  • CCRiderm
    13 years ago
    Clubber...GMD.... F you both. I'm frikkin' freezing here already and it's only November...

Damn winter...

Oh yeah, Club_Goer...chill...
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    74 as I type this evening. I saw 87 on my cars thermometer today.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    A big flock of Canadian Honkers just flew over my house and they weren't headed north.

A female friend once asked me why they were so noisy. I told her because they are all females.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    sc,

How long was the hospital stay?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Clubber - I did have a sore shoulder for awhile.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion