tuscl

girls asking for a tip after the dance

chimark
Illinois
Friday, November 11, 2011 4:36 PM
Lately, I've noticed a trend that after that the dance set, a large majority of girls have given me the dance(s), they then proceed to tell me the # of dances and that it'll be x amount plus a tip. Now, I don't mind tipping a girl if the dance(s) was good, but I find it infuriating that the girl has to ask for it. Then the girl proceeds to be ticked off if I choose not to give her the tip, it's like I insulted her or something. I am well aware that the "girls work on tips and tips alone" the DJ's and signs are posted in every club I've ever been in. In my opinion, if a girl wants me never to get another dance from her again, this is one way to make me think about refusing future dances. Have others seen an increase of this request for tips. I've noticed it in multiple cities and different clubs.

22 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    move on to another dancer if she requests a tip. Or be upfront and ask about tipping before the dances. I know at some clubs the dance price might be $25, but the club takes a $5 cut out of each dance, so dancers expect/appreciate a $5 tip. As for here in laughing stock of Ohio, some columbus strip clubs charge $50/song and the club takes a $20 cut out of each song. Too damn expensive for me to be tipping. I will tip thought on the $12 table dances (club takes $2 out of each song)
  • canny
    13 years ago
    I hear that the poor economy is starting to hit the strip clubs too. Men who used to get private rooms are getting lap dances instead. I know a couple of strippers who are working more days a week this year than they did last year and are earning half as much. The dancers are chasing tips because they're hurting for money the same way the rest of the country is.
  • Ironcat
    13 years ago
    I like to negotiate the price and offer a tip if the dance is "good". So if a dancer wants $30 a dance I'll say I'll pay 30 for two, and they'll usually say 2 for 40. I'll counter with - 2 for 30 and if they are good I'll tip you 10 more. They always take the offer. This is a win-win because every time I do this the dancer puts a little extra effort into making sure the dance is good. Then she gets her $40.00 and I get two great dances.
  • catman988
    13 years ago
    You know, i have NEVER been asked for a tip, never.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    I'm with catman988, I've never been asked for a tip after an LD, but I do tip when it is above expectations.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    catman goes to the same club that I do and I have to agree with him. Now I have been asked for tips at other clubs when doing a VIP gig and extras were expected. If my expectations were met, I tip 20%. If not, then none.
  • Manhattenmike
    13 years ago
    I have never been asked foe a Tip after a lap dance. I have however been in clubs where after the dancer comes off stage they will work the crowd for tips. I do tips the dancers if they do a good job. I also always tip the hostess when I pay my cover charge, the waitress and barkeepers. Do not forget to tip the DJs. if you do that is some clubs you will get a longer songs while you are getting a dance.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    In Detroit some dancers will tell you to tip the bouncer for privacy right before going to the VIP.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    The best tip is repeat business. If you're new though they're likely to figure they'll never see you again and thereby try to get every penny they can. Expect to be asked for a tip early and often. Beyond that, they generally appreciate your care in not getting any on them (or so I've heard).
  • ididthisonce
    13 years ago
    On my last trip to Platinum Plus Greenville, I reluctantly agreed to a double session with two dancers and one R.O.B. was bugging me for a tip before she ever did the first dance. She was a total distraction from any enjoyment of the first entertainer’s intial performance. Pissed me off so bad that I interrupted the first entertainer and quickly paid even though I didn’t have the opportunity to even begin to focus on her. Then I walked out without giving the R.O.B. a penny. I still get pissed whenever the episode is recalled. Never again.
  • ididthisonce
    13 years ago
    Another pet peeve of mine is when an entertainer in whom I am not interested in approaches and requests a dance as she walks by, then asks for a tip when her offer is declined. I am “old school kind of guy” and am thinking, “what in the heck is the stage for”.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    chimark, "girls work on tips and tips alone" Never seen that at ANY club when a dance is involved. If I found out that the $20-25 I paid for a dance ALL went to the club, I would never go there again!
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    tip after LD "don't buy AIG"
  • bubbaloo
    13 years ago
    Tips are earned. It's that simple. I tip well and often- unless somebody asks for it. It's the same as an employee asking for a raise. If they earned it, they have it without asking me. If you dont earn it you don't get it. You don't get a tip for only going throught the motions. At least ACT like you enjoy what you're doing and ACT like you like me. That's what I'm paying for. If a girl asks me for a tip- she did'nt deserve it and will not dance for me again.
  • chimark
    13 years ago
    clubber.... sorry I wasn't clear... they do make money on dances, but the DJ is saying that they aren't paid any other way then from tips, ie they aren't paid by the hour.... I think it's rude to beg for a tip... I'll pay the piper and if the service is good then I'll tip over it, but hate it when someone says...that was 2 dances $20 a dance, so it's $40 plus tip... drives me absolutely crazy.... it seemed like it was a rarity that the dancer would ask for a tip until the last year or so...
  • chimark
    13 years ago
    @ bubbaloo... totally agree with you...
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    I had never been asked for a tip until last year. Since then I've been asked several times. As a standard I tip well if the LD is good. If they ask, they will not get a tip. The majority of the tip beggars have not been very good dancers. Maybe that has something to do with why they are begging.
  • wallanon
    13 years ago
    Increase no, but I do notice it more often in dancers that seem like they might've crossed a personal boundary or two.
  • pablorod
    13 years ago
    I probably tip more than I should... but I've never been asked to.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    With a fave, I tip enoung so that she can pay the club it's share. That way she gets the full value of her efforts.
  • JackKash
    13 years ago
    My Tip? My continued business. A $20 dance turns into 2 if she's good and I want her to keep going and then 3 even 4 - good enough still and I may take her VIP. If she's sitting with me before and/or after (and the club isn't sticking me with dancer pricing) I'll buy her drinks. I think before the dance how far I'm willing to go but if she asks for a tip, I'll give her one and we're done at one.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    If she asks and deserves it, I'll give her one. If she doesn't deserve it, I won't. If she doesn't ask and deserves it, I'll give her one. If she doesn't deserve it, I won't. Of course, my goal for lap dances is apparently considerably different than many here; I seldom go beyond one or two before proposing something else that's going to be more enjoyable for me, and more profitable for her.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion