tuscl

Shooting at Atlanta's popular Follies

Sunday, October 9, 2011 7:34 PM
I'm surprised shadowcat hasn't posted this article yet. Maybe I should rethink going to the club tomorrow afternoon. Do dancers tend to be scarce or less frisky shortly after an incident like this or do shootings tend to have no effect on dancers? [view link] One man was hurt in a nightclub shooting early Sunday morning. The shooting happened at Follies just before 4 a.m. One man was shot in the upper body, but police told Channel 2 Action News that those injuries are not life-threatening. Police were questioning people who were at the club with Channel 2 arrived on the scene, but police have not made any arrests at this point.

13 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I was just at Follies today from 2PM til 7PM and heard nothing about it until 7PM when my buddy, who just drove in from Columbia SC told me. He heard about it over there. It was business as usual at the club.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    All these "incidents" are certainly helping to make a case for VERY strict Gun Control laws IMO!
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    Alucard, who do gun control laws affect? The people who go through proper channels to undergo background checks and registration, or drunken rednecks and idiot thugs who use them for intimidation and robbery? You know it's possible to go into the ghetto and buy a gun, right? Or a horse auction. You pay cash and show no ID. Gun control laws aren't going to affect people who buy guns like that to use them like the moron in the OP.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Thanks fetish. If there was a like button, or a way to add to your rep, I'd do it.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    I certainly agree with fetish_dancer about gun control. What could show up is regulations about when strip clubs close. 11:00pm - times over, time to go.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Thugs should know that I'm not dangerous but my Glock is.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I wonder when legislation is going to start limiting the strip club hours to only staying open until 11pm or midnight to "reduce crime"
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    deogol, I second what you say!
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    I'd be all for closing a club at 12am, because that *would* affect idiot motherfuckers like the one in the OP.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    That would only be moving the shootings up two hours earlier.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I like to bust a nut not bust a cap
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    @Shadowcat: Maybe. Maybe if we had bouncers carry guns (after undergoing all the necessary paperwork and whatnot, of course) these things would be less liable to happen. @gatorfan: LMAO
  • rentz2
    13 years ago
    i was there monday didn't know about the shooting and wouldn't have made me change my mind about going. i have been in there at 4am once though. way rougher than during the day
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion