tuscl

House Moms

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:40 AM
Do they really serve a purpose in a club or are they just another tipout for a dancer?

25 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Very few of the clubs that I go to have house moms. Of the ones that do, they tell you its is for the security of the dancers. More accurate would be to keep the girls from breaking house rules(extras) and collecting tip outs.
  • Doc_Holliday
    13 years ago
    They can run errands, razors, wipes, sanitizer. They can also get a bitch fired for holding.
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    House moms are BS, imo. I've worked at two clubs with housemoms so far, and both of them were bitches. It's just another way to take more money from us, but that's just me. The bouncer is for security, the DJ can also provide that in a way, but a housemom? Just a person you pay money to for nothing. But that's just my opinion. Some girls like the housemom because she makes and sells outfits, can be an ex-dancer herself, and therefore will give tips, and can do hair and makeup really well. But that's not my experience.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Um, I seem to recall the 'house mom' at one of the Detroit clubs comin' round to solicit a BJ. I was caught off guard to say the least.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    And did you partake, CT?? I can't say that House moms are a bad thing. They do serve some useful purpose, but like fetish_dancer says, it's another person to tip out.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    fetish is an example of a self starter who doesn't need a house mom. With that said, there are strippers who would be lost without them. Some women get to the club, and either forget something vital (i.e. tampons) or they only brought two costumes to the club, and within the evening, both outfits need repair, or a wash.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    No, VM. I had been there several times and been told early on she was the 'house mom', and saw her function as such on subsequent visits. Then I just happened to be there on a day when she was 'dancing'. Rather than being interested, my reaction was which of the bartenders was going to offer next???
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    There are a certain number of things that has to get done in a club. As to who does them is just a question of division of labor. Does the DJ juggle the schedule to be sure that there is somebody to go on stage if the next dancer is in a longer than normal VIP or is it the house mom? Is it housekeeping that might help rinse out a stained dress or is it the house mom? Does security mediate an argument between dancers over some percieved violation of the rules or is it the house mom? If the house mom is actually doing all these things then they are most likely worth their while. The system most likely works best if the house mom still is a dancer. That way she can relate to how the things are now for dancers, not how 'things used to be'. It also means that if there is some problem that can only be solved by her getting up on stage and filling in for a set she can. If she is really beyond her dancing years she should be an adjunct to either the waitresses or the housekeeping staff. But someone who is just sitting around in case there is trouble is often going to wind up making trouble instead. On the other hand clubs where everybody and their brother gets a mandatory tip out by the dancers are nothing but extortion rackets.
  • Doc_Holliday
    13 years ago
    If I ran a club, strip or not, I would eliminate tip outs. What a fucking bullshit system! Pay your fucking people. Your tip should go to the person whose job it is, bartender, dancer, men's room troll. Not every faggot in the building. Restaurant tipping culture has just gotteen out of hand in the last twenty years.
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    Inno has it right. If a housemom is fulfilling her duties, she deserves to be tipped. I'm simply biased because I've never had a good housemom experience If a girl can't get her shit together and bring four outfits, do her own hair/makeup, or police HERSELF, she needs not to be a stripper. If she's drunk/stoned, she needs to be sent home.
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    Inno has it right. If a housemom is fulfilling her duties, she deserves to be tipped. I'm simply biased because I've never had a good housemom experience If a girl can't get her shit together and bring four outfits, do her own hair/makeup, or police HERSELF, she needs not to be a stripper. If she's drunk/stoned, she needs to be sent home.
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    So, f_d, I guess you *really* agree with inno.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I have sympathy with fetish_dancer. I see lately I'm not the only one here that gets impatient with the slow upload of our comments. CT, and I can imagine your reaction should the bartenders make an offer. LOL
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    Goddamn this site! Sorry about the spazzy posting
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I go to one place regularly that has a housemom. This particular lady, I've seen her and she would be all right to dance if she hadn't turned into a whale along the way. I was told by a dancer at that place that if dancers come and want to audition for a chance to dance there, she's one of the people they dance for when they audition. Not sure of any other club like that.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    They serve no purpose I know.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I don't know of a club I visit that has one. fd, You certainly seem to be an exception in the world of dancers!
  • HB13
    13 years ago
    Every time I've encountered house moms, the dancers keep asking the PLs to tip the mom too. >_>
  • JohnBuford
    13 years ago
    I follow a house mom on Twitter that works at a club in New York City and her comments are absolutely hilarious.Her observations on dancers are priceless.
  • 3LeggedMan
    13 years ago
    JohnBuford, isn't there something you're forgetting to tell the class?
  • johnnymapalo
    13 years ago
    There was this house mom at this strip club I went to once. She was a total bitch!! Hawk eying everyone who was getting a dance. If she thought the dancers were getting too frisky she would walk over and whisper something in the dancers ears. That house mom was effing annoying and I don't know why one is needed. BTW, do strippers also strip with tampons in them? I could have sworn the last club I went to there was this girl dancing on the stage with her bottom on and what looked like a maxi pad sipping out of the edges. I was kind of surprised and a little disgusted as well. Dancers dancing with pads on and tampons should just stay home at that time of the month. That just doesn't sit well with me.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    johnny - yes they do. The trick is to use tampons and tuck the string inside. Some times they forget or the string works it's way out. YUK!
  • Rlionheart
    13 years ago
    Johnny and Shadow - No YUK about it - it's just part of the package - NBD
  • muchfun
    13 years ago
    I recently had the rare luck being approached by an very young sweet blond dancer (no alc nude club) - she was very funny. I bought her and her girlfriend a drink and a very funny conversation developed had here also on my lap after some minutes touching little time to time. After 10 minutes such a old housemom came asking me "Are you ready for us" - "for what" - "fore a dance" - "no" - "if you wanne touch her you must pay her" - everything was gone the second. These housemom is your enemy making sharks of the young girls you could still have fun with, telling them things like men are all bad give them little take much money and so on.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion