tuscl

Club Songs?

Wednesday, September 6, 2006 3:03 PM
What are your favorite club songs ? I'm in love with a stripper,Nasty Girl ,Promiscuos,(Soon Come...Earl ?)

14 comments

• Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I have to admit that it was strip clubs that turned me on to Outkast, that "Hey yah" song. I like the beat (and the video is a laugh riot). So, sometimes even idiot hiphop top 40 has its benefits. Those Mary Blige and Salt and Poppuh (or however the idiots misspell it) songs when a girl kind of wheedle-whoodle sings a lot of non-melodic "ad lib" notes over a smooth big-band or electro-techno background? Very sexy sometimes. Do they call that "soul" or "R&B" maybe? I don't know. I do know that those women can't sing for shit, can't even hit the notes, but that's a different issue ...
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    It's easier for me to say what I dislike (rap, hip-hop, techno, too loud) than what I like, because what I like depends to some extent on the girl. Since most dancers aren't very good at dancing, I'd prefer they play something that they can dance to moderately well. For the few girls who are really good dancers, I prefer something slow and sensual. I've never heard it in a strip club that I can remember, but someday I'd like to hear Bob Seager's "Main Street" in a club, it's so appropriate. And of course, as I've said many times before, I like the early stuff from the Beastie Boys because that's what my ATF always danced to and it brings back memories.
  • DougS
    18 years ago
    A Monty Python song in a SC? That, I would love to hear, being a Monty Python fan. I can't imagine which song that would be... "Look on the Bright Side of Life", from Life of Brian, perhaps?
  • DougS
    18 years ago
    For obvious reasons, you gotta like "I'm In Love With a Stripper". Another great tune is "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails - very straight forward and dirty. Getting a dance while this song plays can give you a good idea based on your interactions with the dancer, whether there is a chance for some OTC play without having to risk bringing the topic up in discussion.
  • hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    Age of Loneliness (Enigma) always causes me to grab the nearest girl and have her gyrate.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    Anything that's heavy metal or rocks. I generally can't stand country, but one of my old favorites used to play it all the time, so I made an exception when she played it, but most of it sucks. The most unusual song I ever heard in a club was some song from one of the Monty Python movies.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Country and HipHop both piss me off. They're "predictable" in that corny, moronic, mindless way like the doggerel poems about love and "life's lessons" written by junior high students. I'm generally impressed with the girl if I hear something "out of the ordinary" that is also musically intelligent -- an old Sinatra standard, for example, or some truly classic rock from the mid-70s great "band" era -- but usually a strip club is merely the only place where I hear the latest hits. Thank God.
  • SteelerDawg
    18 years ago
    Enigma "Sadeness".. Chris Isaac "Wicked Game".. Berlin "Sex".. LL Cool J "Control Myself".. Gnarls Barkley "Crazy".. a certain song by Tool I can never remember the name of.. No country.. EVER!
  • token
    18 years ago
    "She f****ing hates me" "i touch myself" "paradise city" "black betty" "clarence carter" "chainsaw blues" "get a mop" or anything beach boys or dixie cups.......:) (old humor).
  • hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack, Wicked Game by Chris Isaak, How Soon is Now by The Smiths, anything by Depeche Mode.
  • hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    to me the music makes the club experience forgettable or unforgettable. I am to the point where I will soon give the DJ $10 to play two of my choice songs I bring in. It's too hit and miss for me otherwise and I have had many a dance ruined because I couldn't get into the moosic.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Music at a tolerable volume. Sad to say but whenever I visit a Platinum Plus club, ear plugs are standard equipment I bring along just in case my ears start ringing or I want a break from the extreme volume. The loudest music I ever heard was at PP in Columbia a year or two ago. It was so loud, you had to scream at the top of your voice into a dancer's ear right in front of you for her to hear you and visa versa. Needless to say, your voice gets hoarse rather fast unless you learn hand signals. Fortunately, the volume has been turned down from those painful levels.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    My favorite songs are the songs I usually like. Heavy metal and rock. Play some Metallica, AC/DC, or old favorites from Rush or Led Zeppelin or some of the popular new rock as mentioned earlier. I also like for some odd reason "Can't Drive 55" and "Highway to the Danger Zone", haven't heard that one in years. As long as the song isn't cut short, I'm usually ok with it especially when it's rock or heavy metal.
  • DougS
    18 years ago
    To be honest, I really don't care what is playing. I'm usually so into the girl and anything that we might have going on that I really don't pay that much attention to music, other than the beat. I think it's more important that the girl likes the music - the more SHE gets into the music, the better dance she will give me. The music is more important for OTC playtime. I have, as part of my OTC kit, about 20gb of iTunes on my notebook computer (complete with a pair of good speakers) with a wide variety of music so that I can match my mood and also give the girl a good selection from which to pick. Most of my music is R&B / Hip Hop, and heavy metal 'cause the girls I like tend to like that music.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion