tuscl

In The SC World, North Dakota Sucks Worse Than Alberta

I was in US on business for a few days and poked my nose into a SC in Minot ND and another in Williston ND. I had one drink in each place and quickly left. I will not bother writing reviews since I spent so little time in each of these pathetic clubs. I was a bit surprised; each of these towns has an air base nearby and the oil economy is white hot. I guess ND airmen are a strait-laced lot. Where do all the ND rig pigs blow their money?

Good thing Mrs. Palmer accompanied me on this brief trip!

12 comments

• rrbill
    13 years ago
    Hit the wrong towns. Next time, patronize the Northern Gentleman's Club in Fargo. I hope you will like it.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Art

The population base is extremely low and strait-laced would be an exaggeration. My parents along with a shit load of aunts, uncles and cousins were all born there. Hunting and tipping out houses is their way to have fun. I stayed over night in Bismark once with an aunt before driving on to my grand mothers funeral. The head line on the morning paper was about two hookers from South Dakota getting busted.

Denver is probably the closest city with any decent strip clubs.
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    I would argue that you should post reviews. Finding out which clubs are a waste of time is one of the main benefits of TUSCL.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Art, couldn't you explore for oil in the Gulf of Mexico instead of the arctic circle and North Dakota? The weather is better and Miami strip clubs are near by.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    @jackslash:

The Gulf is for the real big boys not minnows like me. I happily nibble at the crumbs that the big boys leave behind. Besides, I hate the heat and humidity of that part of your country. I`ll take the -40 temps of winter in northern Canada any day!
  • bodaniels26
    13 years ago
    @farmerat

Try West Texas
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    From what I heard, and my minimal experience, you hit the wrong Dakota. South Dakota supposedly has a good number of strip clubs with extras. Of course, you got to go to middle of nowhere places like Lesterville to get anything. And unfortunately, you usually have to wait til pheasant hunting season for the best action, since I don't think they got oil there, AFAIK.

BTW, North Dakota is a stealth oil state. I used to have a boss originally from North Dakota (RIP, Mike) whose family had oil on their land. Supposedly it was always there, but the means to get it was not available.
  • harrydave
    13 years ago
    My siblings and I have a contest to see who can get first to all 50 States. I am at 47. I need Alaska, South Dakota and North Dakota. I needed a reason to go to North Dakota. Thanks, Art, for bursting my bubble.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    @harrydave:

You can still go to North Dakota; just don't expect much from the state's SCs. The economy is pure rock and roll right now, very similar to Alberta's. I am sure a water guy could find a gig in ND. Maybe do something about the annual floods sent north into Manitoba?
  • rrbill
    13 years ago
    You can hit both Dakotas on the same trip. After seeing Mt. Rushmore, cross into North Dakota and see Teddy Roosevelt's ranch, now a National Park, and keep driving north through the International Peace Garden. Then you're in Canada, drive east to Winnipeg where there are enough strip clubs to keep you more than interested. Sorry about Alaska...
    I'm 70 years old and haven't been there yet.
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    re: Sept 6 post- farmerart a minnow??? LOL,LOL!!

ND has 6 clubs, many cities have at least that, DUH!! Number of clubs, and number of reviews (paucity of reviews would be a more apt description) tell the tale. I hope farmerart has either 1)A very good high speed internet connection 2) Some good videos 3) A very vivid imagination. Mrs. Palmer can only do so much..............
  • sanitago
    13 years ago
    I used to have relatives who lived in North Dakota. went to visit them once when I was a kid and remember it as *the* most boring vacation I ever took! what was the line: "Miles and miles of miles and miles."?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion