tuscl

Compliments To rickdugan

rick has just had an article about Providence, RI SCs published; one of a series of such articles that he has written giving us PLs valuable info for enjoying our hobby in different cities that he has visited. Other guys have published similar articles about Atlanta, Detroit, New Orleans, Louisville, etc. I thank you all for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

However, special thanks to you rick. You guided me to my first serious SC action (Arnies Idle Hour) and helped to create the monster I have become.

Where were you 35 years ago?

12 comments

• newmark
    13 years ago
    Yes, it was a good read, very informative.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Art, TUSCL wasn't around 35 years ago, so you didn't miss anything.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    That was some good intel, thanks.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    Thanks Art, I'm just another PL among the bunch sharing a few tales here and there. There are lots of guys around here with stuff far more interesting than my rather plain vanilla stuff.

• georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Rick, some of us have occasional exceptional experiences, whereas you seem to have consistently above average to good ones.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    Nah, I have my share of bad nights too. I am just lucky enough to travel a lot to a number of different areas with fertile ground. There are guys on here from Providence, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, multiple parts of Texas and other areas that view many of my experiences as almost commonplace. Believe me when I say that some of these guys are having a shitload of fun, but since these areas are their local stomping grounds these guys tend not to share too much. Howevr, since I am usually not in the same area more than once every several months I can be a little more open.

Kansas City is an example of a place I usually strike out in. Milwaukee, despite repeated attempts, tends to vex me as well. And I won't even talk about DC. Baltimore has been spotty at best as well and my last takeout there did not look nearly so good once the bright lights of the hotel lobby hit her. ;) Boston sucks every time. And my most recent trip to VA, just last fall, sucked so badly that I still have bad flashbacks.

Throw enough shit against the wall and some of it is going to stick.

• Dougster
    13 years ago
    "I'm just another PL "

False modesty, there is no way that rickety-rick-the-rockin'=rickster-rickarooni is ever a PL in his own mind. Just remember. "He's visited more clubs than you"!
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    I have read a number of rickdugan reviews and they are some of the best.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "And I won't even talk about DC. Baltimore has been spotty at best as well... And my most recent trip to VA, just last fall, sucked so badly that I still have bad flashbacks."

That's the DMV, baby! Welcome to my world, lol.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    Compared to Alberta and British Columbia, you are living in paradise, SC-wise, steve.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    @Dougster - my comments in that regard have been limited to your comparative lack of contribution to the knowledge base, not touting my own. Look at the posters in this thread and you will see that those with high comment counts also contribute about 12 reviews per year (no doubt to keep VIP rolling). Meanwhile, you can barely squeeze out a few reviews each year but seem to have an opinion to post on everything, notwithstanding whether those posts make sense or add anything at all.

Net-net, your posts are crap because you don't spend enough time in the clubs to have anything meaningful to add. So instead, you just post argumentative crap.
  • harrydave
    13 years ago
    RD, nice article. I did a SC crawl through Providence a few years ago. I think I hit 4 clubs, and I came up with the same conclusion. It would be good to be a regular at a few of those places.

Also, decent comeback on the unwarranted criticism.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion