tuscl

Playboy Playmate Arrested With Loaded Gun at Orlando Airport

Orlando – A Playboy playmate was charged with firearm offenses after attempting to board a plane in Florida with a loaded handgun in her bag, the Orlando Sentinel reported Wednesday.

Shanna Marie McLaughlin, Playboy's Miss July 2010, was arrested around 6:35pm Monday at Orlando International Airport as she attempted to board a plane to Los Angeles.

The 26-year-old, who has a valid permit to carry a concealed weapon, told police that the bag she was carrying was hers, but that she did not know that her boyfriend had put his loaded .45 caliber Colt revolver in it.

The model was jailed Monday on charges of carrying a firearm in a place prohibited by law, but has since been released, the Sentinel reported.

McLaughlin's former school, the University of Central Florida, had to apologize publicly last year after she was photographed scantily clad in a sports locker room for a magazine spread.

McLaughlin was back in the headlines last month when she publicly lent her support to Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, who had been criticized by his former fiance Crystal Harris over his sexual prowess.

10 comments

• m00tpoint
    13 years ago
    Well, Playboy did not hire her for her brains. No shocker there. Or that she has an asswipe for a b/f. No shocker there either. This is news?
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    I think the point from the (liberal) media is that people are to irresponsible to own guns. After being kicked off the plane, jailed, and probably losing her CCW, I suspect she will be much more careful about guns in the future.

She definitely needs to communicate with her boyfriend better because she probably hasn't any gun freedoms in CA, especially LA. (Only the criminals do.)
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Hell, kinda makes ya wanna be a TSA agent doing body searches. :)
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Guns don't kill people, Blonds kill people

A blonde women is sitting in her garage, alone, with a gun to her head. She is depressed and finally decides that she just can't live anymore. then, her husband comes home, finds her with the gun and begs her not to do it. "Please, honey, don't do it, i'll do anything you want, but please, don't kill yourself!" he pleads. "Shut up! your next!" the blonde says.
  • zipman68
    13 years ago
    @vincemichaels - you said it man. If I were a TSA agent I'd really want to make sure she wasn't hiding anything in her bra. With tits like her's, you might be able to hide something in there.

@deogol - I don't really buy the liberal/conservative thing here. I'm cool with gun rights, but I'm not cool with the right to do stupid shit with guns. This would seem to fall more into the "doing stupid shit with guns" category. If she had packed the gun in luggage and everything was legal (and she does have a concealed carry permit) and folks were saying she shouldn't own a gun I'd be with you. But no guns on aircraft is a pretty simple rule that most folks with common sense should know.

To be fair to Ms. McLaughlin and her rockin' tits, sometimes folks miscommunicate and this was probably an honest fuck up. But I tend to pack my own luggage and (because I like to only do carry on) don't take a gun on trips. Maybe she'll do the same (or pack the gun in checked luggage) in the future.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    If I was a TSA agent, I read some stories about possibly implanting explosive compounds inside the body. Vaginal search time after checking the boobs to make sure they felt natural or regular implants. Unfortunately they have rules against the opposite sex doing those kind of searches. I think, not sure.

She's pretty stupid for not checking her own luggage before heading off to the airport where you can get arrested for having the wrong item on you or have it confiscated so you lose it.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I think the TSA searches would be preferable if they just hired playboy bunnies to search the guys. I would prefer to be frisked in that case.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    shark,

You should check with lopaw to see if she wants the job.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Clubber, lopaw just PM'd me and said YES !! LOL
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I got patted down by the door girl at a black club in Columbia SC once. Unfortunately she turned out to be the only female there that wasn't a fugly.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion