tuscl

Is she or isn't she?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 3:49 AM
Here's a question for you all. Yesterday I had a funny experience at my gym that got me to thinking. My gym has a separate and fairly soundproof room which is used for exercise classes, but at the time I'm usually there it's free so I often do some stretching in the room when I'm done working out. Yesterday there was an attractive young woman practicing expressive dancing to a slow rock tune, which she was playing quite loudly. She kept playing the same song over and over again and was obviously trying to perfect a routine (and in fact she said that's what she was doing.) She was fairly good but not nearly good enough to be a true professional dancer. So I'm wondering, what could she possibly have been other than a stripper or maybe a newbie preparing for an audition? Any thoughts?

8 comments

• minnow
    18 years ago
    FONDL: Why didn't you just ask her if she were a dancer? You could have had CONVERSATION WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT!!!!!
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    In answer to some questions/comments: Didn't look like cheerleader type moves, looked more like sensuous slow modern dance. She didn't look fit enough for a body-building competition. I've know several strippers who practiced their dance routines regularly, especially if some special event was coming up at their club like many clubs have. This wasn't in a city but in suburban Philly - there aren't any clubs near the gym but there are many within a 45 minute drive. The thing that got me thinking "stripper' about this girl was the fact that she was playing the music so loud. She didn't really look like my idea of a stripper but then most strippers don't outside the club. Anyway it's fun to think about. And I agree with Yoda, a lot of strippers do work out regularly at your local gym during the day. I just wish they all did.
  • DougS
    18 years ago
    FONDL: What city was this dancing routine perfecting going on? While in Dallas the last time, the hotel provided free gym facility access to a really great gym in Dallas, called The Ranch. The Ranch is located right next to the Dallas Cowboys indoor workout facility. As you walk into The Ranch, there's a big banner that says "Home of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders" (or something to that effect). The beavage in this place was phonomenal! I saw quite a few girls that could very well have been cheerleaders, and in fact there was an aerobic room with windows that I assume is where the Dallas cheerleaders practice - even saw a few girls carrying pom-pons, but not sure if they were what I HOPED they were. Anyhow, my theory is, you saw a girl practicing her cheerleader dance steps.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    FONDL: I hit the gym either late mornings (strippers working out before heading for the day shift) or late afternoons (strippers working out before heading in for the night shift).
  • Mickkeyc
    18 years ago
    I wanna go to Yoda's gym!
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I thought about cheerleader, too, except FONDL describes her as not good enough, and a routine set to slow rock music isn't what they use to fire up the home crowd.
  • InDenial
    18 years ago
    my money is that she's preparing her routine for a local figure competition at a bodybuilding show. females who compete can either do bodybuilding or figure, and my guess is she's doing the latter
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    If she was a stripper, she's a lot more dedicated than any I know. About the only practice they do might be with pole moves at the club when there's a chance. They forsake polished routines as off-putting to customers, in addition to being hard work. I suppose she could be a naive amateur earnestly over-preparing for an audition. There are other fields (sorry, I can't name any) where practiced, Solid Gold-type dancing is called for while wearing clothes. Perhaps she aspires to that or thinks she's better than she is.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion