tuscl

Checking Plates?

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:22 PM
I frequent a lot of clubs so I thought I'd join and ask about something I saw for the first time last week. I was sitting in my car at the club talking to someone on my phone and when I looked in my rear view mirror I noticed that one of the club's managers was walking around the entire parking lot with a flashlight checking every license plate. I figured they are looking for LE but has anyone ever saw a club do this before?

15 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    Strange, no I have not seen it.
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    Maybe he was checking for banned customers, or violent boyfriends. Or, he could have been making sure that the dancers weren't taking up the best parking spaces. (Mall employees must register their cars with security, to make sure that they are parked away from the mall entrances.)
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    I have not seen it either, you might just ask one of the managers what they were doing. Let us know if you find out.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Fenster those are all good points but this must be a pretty slow club if the managers have time to go check on making sure the dancers don't take up the good spots. Also as for banning customers, I have never heard of a ban being that serious.
  • Chris1980
    13 years ago
    It was really odd so I decided to sit in the car a little longer and see if anything else happens. (I don;t want anyone screwing around with my car) He bent over behind every single car and did a 1 second glance at the plates. I could tell he must have been looking for something specific. I am really good friends with one of the girls that has worked there forever so I will ask her on Saturday if she knows and report back.
  • Chris1980
    13 years ago
    This club gets PACKED on Saturday night btw. They have two parking lots. The second parking lot was fairly empty so I don't think it would be about parking.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    I've seen this at my club 2........I was seeing this one girl otc. She used to come my place of work and play with me but one day after she left I noticed the club manager out near my car looking at my plate.....that was the last time I saw that girl n the club : (
  • TABB
    13 years ago
    That is definitely odd. There could be several reason on why the manager was doing that. If they know what customers are the rotten ones, why dont they notice them when they come in to pay the cover? What time was the manager checking the license plate? My theory is that jealous girlfriend or wife spotted their significant other car and decide to call the club about there hunch. But still this is loosely based theory.
  • rl27
    13 years ago
    They could have also been on the lookout for a stolen car. When I frequented clubs in Cleveland in the early 90's, the clubs would often help the cops catch criminals. Cleveland was a in interesting city during those times. Many of the bouncers were off duty police officers, and several of the clubs had uniformed officers there ready to arrest people who caused trouble. Many of the clubs had quite visible and very blatant two way contact, which didn't even phase the police there.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    In Texas, certain cops have distinctive plates-so do judges. Fenster is right and so is rl27 and Ohio Voyeur. I once worked across the street from a strip joint. I ran off different kinds of wackos, one of those stories is worth re-telling. I was checking plates in my parking lot. There was a blue Lincoln that sat close to the ground. I could see the plates on most cars rather easily. This Lincoln presented a challenge. I was bending over and had my flashlight tucked under my arm. The flashlight shifted and the beam shot into the interior of the car (it had dark tinted windows). Suddenly, from within the car, there was a blood curdling scream, like I've never heard before. I tumbled and went for my gun. I ran up on the driver's window. There was a tiny asian man behind the wheel. He was trying to pull up his zipper. He saw the gun and started yelling "DON'T SHOOT, DON'T SHOOT, I GO".
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    No checking plates is for wives with a.p.b.'s on their husbands
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    Using your license plate number, management can search state database to get your home address. Then they send you a "hope you enjoyed your visit" postcard that your wife can read when she gets the mail.
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    True, mm. A few years ago, in a small town south of Fort Worth (as I recall), a local pastor would take down license plate numbers in the parking lot of the local strip club. He would then get the owner's name and address from the state (yikes! after Rebecca Schaeffer, California made such data off-limits to the public). The he would send each person a letter, stating that he noticed that the driver had visited their town, and would perhaps like to stop by his church to get to know the town, and the townsfolk, better. A local talk radio host mused that if he owned that strip club, he would take down license numbers at the local church, and send the owners a letter: "I see you're into God - perhaps you'd like to stop by 'Ta-Tas' and see some of His best work."
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    I heard about that with the pastor, that's crazy. I know there were probably some married guys sweating their asses off about that one.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Detroit experimented with a "John" law requiring the recordation of license tags seen in streetwalker areas. The idea was to make the names of the drivers public. Libel law experts quashed the idea. Just because a car is seen on a particular street, doesn't mean the driver is soliciting prostitutes. Club managers might want to help LE by checking plates, looking for stolen cars, cars owned by deadbeat dads or other riffraff. Helping the cops look good is to the club's advantage.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion