tuscl

NFL lockout is over. Strip clubs rejoice.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

Cowboys Training Camp Begins Tomorrow--Local Strip Clubs Rejoice

SA(San Antonio) will get full two weeks of training camp

The Dallas Cowboys arrive at the Alamodome tomorrow for the start of training camp, and the first workouts are set for Thursday, 1200 WOAI news has learned.

The quick schedule for training camp was revealed after the NFL Players Association ratified a new ten year collective bargaining agreement with the league and its team owners, officially ending the 136 day lockout.

The Cowboys say they will hold their first practice at 10AM Thursday, and two-a-day practices, open to the public, are scheduled through August 10, with the exception of the two Sundays, when no morning walk through is set.

The Cowboys will remain in San Antonio until August 10th, meaning the city will still receive the full two weeks of training camp. The team will break camp the day before their first pre-season game, and all practices after that will be at Cowboys Stadium.

As you might expect, the happiest people in town, possibly next to City Facilities Director Michael Sawaya, who has been juggling potential training camp dates for weeks as the lockout dragged on, is the operator of local topless bars.

At Rick's Cabaret, manager Joshua Brooks, says the Cowboys camp attracts the same demographic of young men which are their prime customers.

"Actually, the Cowboy camp is a lot better for us than most events," Brooks told 1200 WOAI's Michael Board. "It last for a lot longer than most events. The NBA Finals will last for three days."

Brooks says the Cowboys bring dozens of young men with money to spend to San Antonio, and many of them are his customers.

"Staff members, training, anybody who is on the staff, we get lot of people from the Cowboys in here," he said. "Lots."

Brooks says he expects that this will be some of his busiest two weeks of the year.

"Two of the main things that a young male wants...sports and women," he said. "We have people happy. People are in a celebratory mood, and the Cowboys are in town."

11 comments

• DoctorDarby
    13 years ago
    Although most of us are focused on the lechery at hand in our club activities, many casual SC customers will take advantage of football promotions (particularly Sunday and Monday night) that some gentleman's clubs offer. Given how many clubs are struggling to attract customers, this is a good thing for everyone involved.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    I'm actually quite sad at the news. It had been discussed that the USC Trojans would move their games to Sunday afternoon. USC would've been a good replacement for the NFL given the pageantry of their games. Boise State, because of the explosiveness of their offense, would've also been a good fit.

Once upon a time, some of the NFL had some pageantry connected to their games. Once upon a time, the Dallas Cowboy would start playing. Then the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders would take the field to dance in a great choreographed routine.

Now, the only choreography involved is when the Cowboys lose in the last minutes so that the point spread is covered. The owners get their cut, so dothe gambling interests, and the NFL Players Associations pockets money for their retirement fund. If you think this lockout was a true grievance, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. The NFLPA just wanted a bigger cut of the gambling cut.
  • sanitago
    13 years ago
    "Although most of us are focused on the lechery at hand in our club activities, many casual SC customers will take advantage of football promotions (particularly Sunday and Monday night) that some gentleman's clubs offer."
    is it me, or does anyone else here think it would be more than a bit odd to be watching football on TV while a good-looking woman is getting naked on stage in front of you? I saw something similar when I was at a club recently. all through the stage shows, there was a guy setting at a table, head down, texting away on his cell phone (not hard to notice, as the light from the screen was the brightest light not on the stage). I thought he was out of his freaking mind. I don't go to a SC to watch TV, I go to watch the women shake it, followed (possibly) later by a LD.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    No, I wouldn't say it's odd, sanitago. Many of us will be happy to do on those cold Sunday afternoons this fall now that the 2 sides finally got their shit together. I've been known to watch football on the screens at Bogarts here in the Detroit area while otherwise watching the women shaking it.
  • EarlTee
    13 years ago
    @sanitago
    It is odd indeed with a good-looking woman on stage, but many times I have found myself watching TV when there was no one on stage, or a not-good-looking woman.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    This is great news 4 me because my atf gives me the gf on game day we just lay on the couches and watch a good game....but at half time she puts on the greatest show on earth back in the vip room that is (wink, wink)
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    i've actually never watched a vikings game in a strip club yet. can you guys believe that?

but that's only because i've only been going to strip club's since 2009.

i'll make it happen this year, you better believe that.

naked women, vikings football, AND alcohol? damn, i won't be able to control myself. :)
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    GoVikings..if the Vikes are like they were last year, methinks you are going to need a lot of alcohol when you watch the games..me too lol

• degree
    13 years ago
    Santiago, football is actually the perfect sport to watch in a strip club. The average game lasts 3 hours but only includes 11 minutes of actual gameplay. What could be better to look at than naked women for those other 169 minutes?
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    And the burning question of the day is: Is Fahrve coming out of retirement again??
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    probably lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion