tuscl

Stamford man dies of stab wounds at strip club

STAMFORD -- A city man stabbed in the heart following a fight outside a Stamford strip club succumbed to his wounds at Stamford Hospital late Sunday morning, police said.
The 31-year-old Honduran national has been identified by police, who are withholding his name until his family has been notified, Capt. Richard Conklin said.
It is Stamford's fourth homicide this year.
Police found the man at 2 a.m. Sunday near Pacific and Dock streets next to the Manhattan Strip Club.
The man was lying in a pool of blood with a stab wound in the chest, Conklin said.
Witnesses told police the man who had been stabbed had a dispute with another man inside the club earlier in the evening.
As the club was closing early Sunday morning, a man approached the victim and stabbed him in the chest, Conklin said.
The scene outside the club when police arrived was chaotic and police had to call in Spanish-speaking officers to interview witnesses, Conklin said.
Though the man suffered a tremendous loss of blood, hospital workers did a "fantastic" job operating on the man, Conklin said.
Later in the morning, the victim's heart stopped beating, but doctors were able to resuscitate the organ and stabilize his condition. The man died late in the morning, Conklin said.
Conklin said police do not know what sparked the attack and detectives are continuing to conduct interviews.
Anyone with information is urged to call detectives at 203-977-4417 or the police department at 203-977-4444.

Read more: http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/policere…

2 comments

• jackslash
    13 years ago
    Same thing happened outside a club in San Antonio. After that I never went back.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    I'm not so sure that it is really a strip joint. I have been going off and on to Stamford for years and never heard of the place. There are only 3 clubs in that little city. r sites list that placec as a bar and grill. No doubt, however, that describing it as a strip club just made the whole thing that much more steamy.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion