tuscl

Espresso Stand Busted for Prostitution

Saturday, July 9, 2011 10:14 PM
The place was called Java Juggs. Their slogan was, “Some Like It Hot.” What do you expect? Charges have been brought down on the owner of a Grab N' Go coffee stand in Edmonds, Washington, near Seattle, as well as three employees. After 40 people complained to police that the girls working at Java Juggs were exposing themselves to customers—for as little as $10 or $20, I might add—Edmonds police set up a nine-month sting operation to investigate. KOMO News: “It was really, from what I understand, quite simple,” says Sgt. Don Anderson of the Edmonds police. “It wasn't a great deal of effort in getting these girls to expose themselves.” These busty girls were just asking to get busted. During a recent sting, undercover police officers took 17 photos that allegedly captured the five baristas at the Grab ‘N Go Espresso Stand serving up more than steamy lattes. KOMO News obtained the photos after arguing in court for their release. Most of the photos are too explicit to show online, with one of the baristas allegedy exposing her crotch in a photo taken by police. Why exactly KOMO News pleaded for these photos notwithstanding, before you think that this a case of girls gone wild, consider the involvement of the Java Jugg's madame: The investigation also revealed that the owner of the business, a 49-year-old Snohomish woman who owns three Java Juggs espresso stands in Edmonds and South Everett, was also involved in these activities, police said. She was arrested June 30 for investigation of three counts of prostitution and one count of permitting prostitution. So the boss encouraged the girls to wear bikinis and flash the patrons, or at least turned a blind eye. Apparently, sexpresso stands are a growing trend around Seattle. We have to ask: is the coffee competition so tough in Seattle that baristas have to resort to whipped cream bikinis to make a profit? Sex sells, but who knew it went so well with coffee? [view link]

15 comments

• jlooken
    13 years ago
    So, if it was so simple, why did it take a nine month sting operation to bring it down? Was the coffee that good? Or was there a doughnut stand nearby from which they could conduct their observations?
  • BigGregly
    13 years ago
    If you were getting paid to sit and watch hot girls take their tops off, how long would it take you to complete your investigation? It might have become my permanent beat!
  • spandexman
    13 years ago
    What a life getting paid to go after women exposing themselves. Wonder how much overtime the cops used on this dangerous case? Reminds me of when the Cambridge, MA cops came down on the local massage parlors in the early 90s. A reporter did some research after the bust and discovered the investigation budget had gone dry just before the police raided the parlors. Before that undercover cops were pretending to be customers.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    This subject comes up frequently on TUSCL. Drive-up coffee/esresso stands are prolific throughout the Puget Sound region. This particular chain of three coffee stands is owned by a former UHM stripper at a chain of Puget Sound region strip clubs that are now closed. She is pictured in the 9/16/2009 video news clip below. She's shown working inside of one her stands. She isn't interviewed, though. [view link] I live very close to two of the Java Juggs stands mentioned. One is just diagonally across the street from one of the now-closed strips clubs that she worked at: Honey's in Everett, WA. Apparently, as the owner, she still thinks she's giving the same kind of dances she used to give right across the street in the VIP room!
  • R.Giskard
    13 years ago
    How the hell does prostitution come into this ??? This article doesn't even mention any touching going on, let alone take out or ITS (in the stand?). Has it come to the point where a titty flash is prostitution ??? These cops are ready to slap these poor girls with a perminent record for prostitution for poping a boob ???
  • sexualchoc
    13 years ago
    You can best believe this was the SLOWEST investigation in the history of Washington State, lol! I'm sure the cops were loving every bit of overtime on this one!
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    OK, but prostitution? My understanding is that requires a sex act. This seems more in the category of public indecency, but I guess that the prosecutor wants to go with a felony charge and then negotiate down. And the length of the investigation shows the 'thoroughness' of the police department in wanting to be sure that they had 'all the evidence they could want'.
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    In the greater Seattle area, you do not have to have sex or participate in a sex act for prostitution to occur. Seattle laws make practically everything prostitution.
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    Also to touch on some above posts, not all prostitution in Seattle is a felony. Most of the time its a misdemeanor, still on your record though. Also, yes, in most normal places prostitution requires a sex act to take place, OR, a sex act to be negotiated.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    I've never seen anything like that at the coffee shop I go to. Maybe I'll try saying "YES" when they ask if I want "room". Secret code...?
  • Player11
    13 years ago
    I live for coffee and of course bikini girl call girls.....
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    I PM'd this info. to one of the posters above, thinking it was more detailed than the general TUSCL audience would be interested in, but apparently some clarification is in order: 1. These are a chain of three drive-up coffee stands. There are many chains throughout the Puget Sound region. Many of the stands are the size a guard shack. Others only a little larger. Between the three stands that Java Juggs operates, they are in two different jurisdictions. One is in the city of Edmonds, WA and the other two, which are only a mile apart are in uninicorporated Snohomish County, WA. Therefore, the laws pertaining to indecent exposure, prostitution, etc. may be different between the two different jurisdictions. 2. The article posted by Samsung isn't as informative as some of the local articles written. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer's story is the most informative of all of them. It specifically mentions that touching for money was observed. If you'd care to read about it in more detail I have provided the link for you below, as well as two of the local TV stations news video clips of the story: Seattle Post-Intelligencer: [view link] KOMO-TV story and video: [view link] KIRO-TV story and video: [view link]
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    Anybody found copies of the photographic evidence yet? :)
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    PS -- this story (link below) is better. Found the link on one of the newspaper sites referenced. There's one 14-year-old boy who hit the jackpot. :) [view link]
  • sanitago
    13 years ago
    the things the cops will go after for a headline!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion