tuscl

What kind of airplane do you fly to the club?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
CARIGNAN, Que. -- Transport Canada has launched an investigation to determine why a pilot landed his ultralight aircraft in the parking lot of a strip club in this town south of Montreal.

Local police say they received a 911 call from a witness who though he saw a plane crash at Le Rendez-Vous 10-35 bar on Saturday.

The witness later discovered that the aircraft had landed in the parking lot, and the pilot had entered the bar. He later left the bar and took off.

Police found the pilot, a 43-year-old man whose identity has not been disclosed.

He was not charged.

Civil aviation rules state that pilots are not to land their aircraft in public places unless it's an emergency.

Pilots are also forbidden from taking the controls of an aircraft within eight hours of drinking alcohol.

If the bar-hopping pilot is found to have been drinking and flying, his license could be revoked.

"The only way to fly" LOL...

9 comments

• runrdude
    13 years ago
    Great story. He may have been looking for some OTC "mile high club" action. "Hang on baby, its about to get bumpy." All in all a wonderful use of bad judgement.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Nothing like an inconspicuous entrance.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    Does farmerart have a plane?
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    He might get one, now.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    There was a great movie (Fly Away Home) about a Canadian girl who led a flock of geese from Canada to the Baltimore area. The movie glossed over the girl and her father broke about three dozen laws.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    minnow - was that you? ;)
  • harrydave
    13 years ago
    I would rather show up on my cruiser bike with a spare helmet. That ultralight is useless for OTC.
  • londonguy
    13 years ago
    I believe Farmerart owns a Lear Jet, is that right farmer?
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    ^^^^^^^

Nope. During the first year of my retirement (big boys toys phase) I split a Netjets share with another Alberta company. I didn't use it enough to justify the expense and sold my part of the share on to another idiot like me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion