tuscl

The Lido Room NYC

Monday, June 7, 2010 3:10 PM
Anyone ever been to the Lido Room lapdance parties in NYC? I have heard good things about lapdance parties but have never been. I travel to NYC a few times a year so I was trying to decide whether to hit the lapdance party, Flashdancers, or Gallagher's 2000 next time I am in town. Any input is welcome.

44 comments

• perfect_gentleman
    14 years ago
    <div style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">&nbsp;I went once... &nbsp;pretty funny scene. &nbsp;It's in the basement of a small, lively Turkish restaurant, so you have to wiggle through the&nbsp;crowded&nbsp;tables full of food and hookahs, and past the band and the belly dancers, and down the stairs. &nbsp;Inside there's about a half dozen &quot;rooms&quot; with couches, divided up by shabby hanging bedsheets. &nbsp;It looks a little like a cross between a 7-year-old's couch fortress and a 13-year-old's haunted house.<br /> <br /> I was the only customer and the three dancers (in the 6 to 7 range... the belly dancers upstairs were hotter!) were bored stiff. &nbsp;The host&nbsp;apologized for the underwhelming scene and waived the cover. &nbsp;The dances are $25 with only nominal attention to rules and song length. &nbsp;I would presume that everything's negotiable, and there was even hint of a bedroom available somewhere upstairs.<br /> <br /> I spent about $200 and had a great time, and left the girls a little happier as well. &nbsp;Overall fun and I might do it again, but if the cover had not been waived I would have felt like it was a scam. &nbsp;It also felt like if there WAS any kind of crowd, it would have been pretty awkward, because there's not much room to move around or sit &amp; chat.<br /> <br /> Definitely not HLDC caliber. &nbsp;I wish I knew someplace that was.</div>
  • PlatinumNYC
    9 years ago
    The Lido Room has really come a long way since 2010. The new Lido Room is Thursday nights in a huge 4,000 SF nightclub space in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park. The space has a long bar with a full selection of premium drinks, wine and beer, as well as bottle specials. There is a private lap dance area which is separated from the main floor area by colorful Japanese panel screens. In the lap dance area, there are about 15 full size leather sofas which are very comfortable and great for lap dancing. The dancers were so young and fresh, and included some college and graduate students, and European women. The dancers ranged from 7 to the 9.5 range. I met this tall blonde from Prague who was incredible and sexy. Another favorite was this petite 21 year old Chinese girl who was cute as a blossom and was a finance major in college. Granted, there is no club in Manhattan that is HLDC caliber, and there probably never will be, but the Lido Room is now a strong contender (without the private rooms and live shows). I had an amazing time at the Lido Room and I am looking forward to coming back.
  • JimR38
    9 years ago
    I have not been to the new larger space in Midtown yet, but I have been going to the venue in the West Village with the red velvet sofas. I am realty impressed with the quality of the dancers at the Lido Room. My favorite is Sydnee who is a petite All American brunette with a killer body. There is also a tall blonde who is a professional model who is incredibly hot. The dancers have that perfect combination of being real hot, but still sweet girl-next-door types who are intelligent enough to carry on a conversation. The Lido Room is tamer than HLD, but the dancers are HLD caliber. I am hooked on this place and have been telling all of my friends to go.
  • Lost_In_Space
    9 years ago
    I would agree that the Lido Room has come a long way since its humble beginnings in 2009 and 2010. However, the review from July 2010 by user perfect_gentleman is a false review by a cutthroat competitor. Perfect_gentleman is no other than Rob Cohen of Saint Venus Theater. If you ever get the SVT emails, "perfect gentleman" is one of his pet expressions and it is seen several times throughout each of Rob's emails. When I went to the Lido Room in 2009 and 2010, there were not 2 or 3 dancers, but 12 to 15 dancers. Now, there are 30 to 35 dancers at an event. It was not shabby, it was comfy and cool. The new venues are several notches better, however. There was never any hint of a bedroom somewhere upstairs. Upstairs was a restaurant, hookah lounge and a kitchen. It was a clean club back in 2010, and it is a clean club in 2015.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Dude(s), you do realize how obvious all of this shill activity is, no? But thanks for letting us know that it is "tamer than HLD" and "a clean club." The one advantage that HLD had over regular clubs was the edge factor, which made the email and scheduling factors worth it for some guys. If Lido is just a more scheduled SC experience, then I'm not sure what it has to offer over a place like G2K, which I can visit any time I please and get hot dances from hot girls.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @rick, I was thinking the same thing. Having never been there though, I wasn't sure if it was shilling or just newb naïveté.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    GMD, look at their comment histories and I think it will become pretty clear. One brand new screen name (Lost), two other another new-ish screen names, one that only posts about Lido (Joey) and the other, created at the same time, who has only ever posted about private LD clubs. I'm pretty damned sure that this is the same guy, using a ham-fisted method to try to talk up the party. Now don't get me wrong, I have always said that I believe that club owners/managers would do well to try to find ways to reach out to tusclers and peddle their wares, but this isn't the way to do it. Putting aside the theory that we are all nothing but extras hounds, the truth is that many tusclers are also good and regular club customers. Most people don't get to the point where they've posted for many years on a strip club review site if they haven't also dropped some serious coin in a number of clubs. Wanna' show us you have something great? Then be straight up and tell us what you think you have to offer. Also feel free to make it easy for us to come and check your club out. Simple courtesies like a waived cover or a comped drink are often more than enough to entice the guys around here to check a place out. Seriously now.
  • JimR38
    9 years ago
    I don't know what the Lido Room has to offer over a club like G2K (Goldfinger's Infinity Gentlemen's Club in Long Island City, NY), because i have never been to G2K. I am not going to comment about a Club that I have never been to. Apparently, some of the recent comments are from TUSCL members who have never been to the Lido Room. My comments on the Lido Room are based on several visits to the Lido Room's lap dance parties at various locations, including the more recent locations in the West Village, Rockefeller Center and Bryant Park. I am going back to the Lido Room on Thursday with some friends because they are making it easy to check it out. In fact, their website says at [view link] they are offering with a VIP invitation: Free admission for you and all guests before 8:30 pm Free lap dance card after Midnight with paid admission Free admission for the lady for any couple 750 ml bottle specials for $150 (plus tax and gratuity) You can't get more enticing than that.
  • jerikson40
    9 years ago
    Mr. Dugan, really, who gives a fuck? If the guys are shills, then fine. Someone in NYC might decide to try the place, if it sucks then he finds out that it sucks, and maybe he writes a sucky review. No harm, no foul as they say. Using reviews here as a sure fire way to determine the awesomeness of a club is pretty ridiculous anyway. Most people can't agree on what makes a good club anyway. At least they give some decent info on what the club charges and might be offering, as opposed to many reviews here which are fucking useless "yeah, nice club, girls are okay, nice bathroom" types of BS. Relax. Let them shill away.
  • JimR38
    9 years ago
    There is a fine line between shilling and being a club enthusiast or a fan. In any event, I would agree with @jerikson that the reviews should focus on what a club charges and might be offering. I went to the last Lido Room party after work since the location was near my Office in Manhattan. The admission charge was $30, but they were offering free admission before 8:30 pm, so I arrive before the 8:30 pm time deadline. I just showed them my invitation on my smartphone and got right in. I went to the bar and had a mixed drink which was in the $10 to $12 range. I then had some lap dances which were $20 each. The lap dances were given in a semi-private lap dance area where there were about a dozen large leather couches. There was no extra charge for entering or using the semi-private lap dance area. In my book, it was a great deal. You decide for yourself.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    RJ, I can only go by what is posted here. Truth be told, I am somewhat skeptical given everything I've heard about Lido and the open nature of the place. But I'm not going to debate you as I have never been there.
  • JimR38
    9 years ago
    @RickDuggan, it should be very clear what is going on here. RedJohnson joined in January 2015, has no reviews and is only commenting on this thread. Hillbert454 joined in January 2015, has no reviews, and is only commenting on this thread. Lavins77 joined in January 2015, has no reviews, and is only commenting on this thread, and another thread where he puts down Lido and puts in a plug for a competitor lap dance party. Obviously, we have a competitor of Lido that is jealous and is trying to smear its reputation.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Honestly Joey, I really don't care. What you and Platinum are doing, if you are even two different people, is pretty obvious. You've opened the door for this nonsense by being disingenuous in the first place. I really don't know what to believe, but I am now utterly turned off to any notion of trying the Lido Room after the performance I've seen here. It would be refreshing if people who were incentivized to promote a club here would just be forthright about their intentions. In this particular instance, there are a lot of people posting on this board who are either based in NYC or visit the city for work. A straight up explanation of why you think your club is worth visiting, perhaps combined with some modest courtesy like a reduced/waived cover or a comped drink, would IMHO be a far more effective way to entice business from here than using shill posts.
  • JimR38
    9 years ago
    @rickdugan this original thread dated back to 2010 when Lido was a relatively new Club in Manhattan. My original post on January 1, 2015 was simply letting readers know that the new Lido - 5 years later - had better venues and higher quality dancers. In response, we got a jealous competitor (RedJohnson, hillbert454 and Lavins77 who are all the same person who joined in January 2015) who were posting false and libelous statements about Lido. On my follow up posts of January 8, I specified some of the reduced/waived covers and other specials offered by Lido, as well as the fact that there is no extra charge for the semi-private lap dance room.
  • JimR38
    9 years ago
    I was at Lido this past Thursday night, so I will give you an update. The venue is across the street from Rockefeller Center and is very classy. It was somewhat crowded and there were over 30 dancers. The quality of the dancers were better than ever and included some professional models. Contrary to some of the sabotage posts here, this is a very clean club with respectable dancers. There was a bathroom attendant and security guards on the premises. I felt very comfortable inviting an old friend of mine to Lido who in turn invited a wealthy client of his. Everyone had a good time and liked the vibe.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    So we have a few club owner in NYC who don't want to pay FOUNDER for ad space. You all are pathetic. I hope no one visits and all bad mouth your jankey clubs. As for me when I'm in NY. HDLC all the way...
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Pay for the GD advertising . Thus bullshit fools no one here...
  • Lost_In_Space
    9 years ago
    GACAclub, this thread was started in 2010 by b0ssh0gg who was a member since 2009. The thread was specifically asking about the Lido Room. From what I heard, the Lido Room was Manhattan's original floating lap dance party and the rest are the copy cats. We New Yorkers are simply commenting on Lido. The problem is that jealous copycat competitors are giving misleading information on Lido, and members who are not from New York want to put their two cents in.
  • PlatinumNYC
    9 years ago
    Lido Room is an exclusive lap dance party in a classy venue near Rockefeller Center. Drink prices are on the high side. There are 30 to 35 dancers that are absolutely gorgeous and rank with the top gentlemen's clubs. The dancers are also friendly and not pushy. There is no stage. There is a semi-private lap dance room which is monitored. Lido is a great place for bringing co-workers or clients, and you will not be embarrassed. Lido does not have any private rooms like the major gentlemen's clubs in Manhattan. Lido is not a place for "extras" and the dancers are not allowed to give out their phone numbers or meet customers after work.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Platinum: "Lido is not a place for "extras" and the dancers are not allowed to give out their phone numbers or meet customers after work" So what's the point?
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @Dougster: +1....Million
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    WTF. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Dougster. Two guys are on here literally tripping over themselves to tell us how much this place sucks. What's worse though is that we know that the comments about the quality of the girls is highly suspect, so what we really have is a LD party with high drink prices, mediocre talent and an onerously restrictive environment with bouncers breathing down everyone's neck. Oh yeah, sign me up for that already. ;)
  • PlatinumNYC
    9 years ago
    This Discussion is about "The Lido Room NYC" and my comments have been about the Lido Room. The comment from Emperor999 indicates that competitors have been using this Discussion to plug their competing lap dance events, and that these same competitors have made comments in this Discussion to smear the reputation of [view link] However, I agree with Emperor999 that with 8+ million people in NYC that any bickering is silly and that there is plenty of opportunity for all of these events.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    lol!
  • b0ssh0gg
    9 years ago
    I finally was able to attend a Lido Room event several years after initially starting this thread and I must say it was a great experience. Yes the drinks are expensive even by Manhattan standards- $18 for a rum and coke, but the dancers we young, very attractive and low pressure. It was much more like a mixer where you could get lap dances if you wanted than the typical SC experience. Most girls were all natural which I prefer to the plastic fantastic look at many clubs I have visited. No there are not extras to be had as far as I can tell but that is not what this club is about. However I did not have to worry in the least about some meathead trying to throw me out on my ear for grabbing a few handfuls which I did pretty much all night. There is no stage so sometimes you may have to take a chance on a girl without seeing the goods ahead of time but I think this just added to the experience. I will definitely be back if I am in the city when a party is scheduled.
  • SVT
    9 years ago
    I will admit that hillber454 is just a jealous competitor trying to spread false rumors about the Lido Room. I heard that the Lido Room's new Thursday night venue in Midtown West is sick. The first floor has high ceilings, a full licensed bar, and a hookah seating area. The lower level is devoted exclusively as a lap dance room with about 20 full size leather couches. Above the second floor is a rooftop deck for hanging out and having a cigarette or cigar in the warm weather.
  • LisaManhattan
    9 years ago
    This thread is about the Lido Room which I have been to. What is worthless is the personal attacks and false statements by jealous competitors. I really enjoyed the Lingerie Night on Wednesday which was at their Rockefeller Center venue. So many smoking hot bodies to choose from.
  • LisaManhattan
    9 years ago
    The Usernames Lavins77 hillbert454 and RedJohnson were all formed in January 2015 and have never reviewed any clubs. In February 2015, the username Emperor999 was formed to promote another party on this thread that is about the Lido Room. All 4 of these usernames are fake usernames formed by a jealous competitor of the Lido Room. Everything said by Lavins77 hillbert454 RedJohnson is false and malicious. Everything said by Emperor999 is self serving promotion.
  • LisaManhattan
    9 years ago
    We all know that Username RedJohnson is a competitor who is an immature asshole. I give credibility to Username b0ssh0gg who has been a member of TUSCL since June 2009 and has 16 reviews of 13 different clubs. I agree with Username b0ssh0gg in his April 2 comment that the Lido Room dancers are "young, very attractive and low pressure" and "all natural" and that there are "not any extras to be had" at the Lido Room.
  • PlatinumNYC
    9 years ago
    Username RedJohnson you are not fooling anyone. You joined TUSCL in 2015 and you never reviewed a Club. Most of your comments center around dissing Lido Room. You are not a guy with a view, but a jealous competitor who is a low life. I will stand by my review comments of January 1 and February 8. Since then the Lido Room has only gotten better. They have expanded from two nights a week (Wednesday and Thursday) to four nights a week, by adding on a Tuesday event in the West Village venue and adding on a new Friday night event at their Rockefeller Center venue.
  • JimR38
    9 years ago
    I was at the Lido Room this past Thursday night and got in with the early bird (half price) admission of $20 before 9 pm, and stayed past Midnight. The place was busy and there were a lot of hot dancers that night. However, it was a pain in the ass taking a cab there and then you had to go up and down the steps each time to get to the floor with the lap dances. I prefer the Rockefeller Center location which is walking distance from my office and everything is on one floor.
  • elsyan
    9 years ago
    For those that have been there, how's the mileage?
  • junglegym
    9 years ago
    Can somebody share what the membership process is?
  • RedJohnson
    9 years ago
    elsyan, to answer your mileage question, you'll def leave 10 cc lighter than when you walked in. *wink wink*
  • discountdoublecheck
    9 years ago
    agree with redjohnson
  • PlatinumNYC
    8 years ago
    @junglegym the membership process is: Go to the website for the Lido Room Go to the Contact Us webpage at [view link] Fill in the information including your email address for email updates and cell phone number for text messages. In the Comments section, indicate how you heard about the Lido Room, your age, your occupation, and any other confirmation you feel may be relevant. You should hear back within a day.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Sounds very interesting. Anything with some screening is likely to we way off the charts! No limits. [view link] SJG
  • MightyMoe
    8 years ago
    Hadn't been to one of these events since last October and tried the new location where you enter through this little pizza place located near the east village. I recognized some of the dancers from previous visits and also saw a bunch of new ones. I always liked coming to these events at the Rockefeller Center location which I now hear is closed. There were always pretty and friendly girl-next-door types to choose from with a good mix of Americans and Europeans. Atmosphere was always relaxed and lap dances were generally good. Most girls allowed extensive roaming, gave a good grind where you can suck their tits, and some will DFK depending on their mood. As with all places, some were lame and kind of a waste of time, but for the majority mileage was pretty good. On this recent visit I first met this really cute blonde spinner from the UK. She couldn't have weighed more than 90-95 pounds but was proportioned well enough that she didn't look anorexic. She said it was her first event - friendly and good conversation although it seemed like she was either a bit drunk or on something, but can't say for sure. Anyway, went for a dance and at some point into the second song started DFKing me like no tomorrow. Maybe the most intense DFK lap dance I've ever had. We continued with this and mutual groping for a few more songs. When we finished I thought we had done 6 or 7 but since she's new I was only asked to pay for 4 dances. Not sure if she was keeping track. She looked at me and said "this is so surreal". I was like, um, yeah! I then had dances with a couple of cuties that I knew from the Rock Center location. One was a cute American blonde named Charlie and the other a cute girl from Ireland named Heidi. Both give a great grind and allow titty sucking, although didn't DFK with them. One strange thing about some of the girls from previous visits is that they would DFK the first time I met them, but then wouldn't on my next visit. Not sure what that's about, but if I can have another experience like I did with the British spinner I won't worry about too much.
  • RedJohnson
    8 years ago
    Mighty next time try the Asian mamasan with the nice ass. She love you long time or at least till you cum. I never review Lido but I should I just dont want them to get busted for what I say. That place is off the hook. As my fellow mongers on usasexguide say I always leave with a smile. Anyone who goes should see the mamasan or the Russian chick just do it trust me.
  • MightyMoe
    8 years ago
    Thanks Red. I think there were at least a couple Russians. Do you remember which one?
  • mymin007
    8 years ago
    Are there many Asian girls or black girls?
  • Jayle00
    8 years ago
    Long time lurker! First post :P Just went to an event tonight.. Much much better mileage than typical nyc strip clubs, but I wasn't impressed. Was my first time, maybe my expectations were too high. At tonight's venue extras were logistically impossible and the girls between 7-10pm topped at a 7/10. Got dances from four different girls, 2 were average, one was terrible and one almost made me LDK. If only she was willing to DFK, I would have succumbed. I'll have to try another night knowing now what to expect.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    We don't give a shit about that. We want you to review your experience with the Indian movers and packers.
  • Cheo_D
    8 years ago
    BTW regarding Lido reviews, over this summer they have been changing about the venue locations (usually the private-event rooms at restaurants, or clubs on an otherwise off-night). So pay more attention to the reviews about the dancers and experience than about the facilities as those will keep changing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion