tuscl

Crackdown on Orange County Vietnamese Cafe

spudd
Florida
Sunday, June 26, 2011 8:16 PM
For a good decade or more, Vietnamese coffee shops have been springing up all over the Orange County where most of the Asian population are centered (like Garden Grove). They only sell non-alcoholic drinks and desserts, served by attractive young girls. These girls are usually dressed in sheer long dresses or lingerie, while wearing bikinis or bras/panties underneath. Usually, the clientele is a bunch guys sitting, talking, playing cards, and ogling. As far as I know, extras are not to be had. A family member from there just told me about a new development. One cafe has the girls dispense with the undergarments, and just wearing the sheer dresses. In other words, it's like a strip club. Business was booming, until the city decides to crackdown on them. The business owners have hired lawyers, so the verdict has not been decided yet. Youtube video of the new business model - [view link] Youtube video of news of the City's action - [view link]

9 comments

• troop
    13 years ago
    i could use a cup of coffee right about now ;)
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I used to live a 10 minute drive from there. We called it Garbage(Garden) Grove.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    Wow, that might get me to start drinking coffee and lay off the Monster. Mind and dick would be alert.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    I've been to a couple of the cafes and those waitresses are friggin HOT. Real friendly, too. Considering it's in conservative OC, I'm surprised they got away with it for as long as they did. Sadly, I don't expect a good outcome for the cafes. Once they started getting so much media attention, it was only a matter of time before they'd be shut down (or forced to cover up).
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Hooters isn't the only sportsbar to have waitresses flash skin. In that respect, local authority will have to carefully word any ordinance aimed at these vietnamese restaurants. If the ordinance requires the midriff to be covered, Hooters girls would be forced to wear more. This kind of thing could get messy as first amendment might apply to scantily clad waitresses.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Pimps can be so creative some times ! Damn I won't some coffee : )
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    troop, I'll join ya.
  • newmark
    13 years ago
    Beats the he'll out of Starbucks.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    ok vince, i'll gas up the lear jet ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion