tuscl

Flint Women Apparently Vanished after Visiting Detroit Strip Club

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:57 PM
DETROIT (WJBK) - 21-year-old Flint resident Kendra Wolfe and her 19-year-old friend, Shenel Jefferies, also from Flint, haven't touched bases with family or friends since last Friday night. "We don't know what's going on. We haven't talked to her, and we're trying to keep faith," said Misty Ray, one of Wolfe's friends. "It's kind of hard not talking to her for a couple days and not knowing where she's at." Wolfe and Jefferies did go to Cheetah's, a strip club on Eight Mile. "They went down to Detroit that night just to hang out, and no one's spoken (to) or been able to contact them since," Ray said. She added that is not like her friend. Sometime after leaving the club, a friend of Wolfe's received a disturbing phone call from her. "They were yelling or something and they said they messed with the wrong people and they had a gun to them," Ray explained. A manger at Cheetah's said the club has no information about the whereabouts of the women. Their families are looking for tips. Wolfe was planning on joining the National Guard. Her brother has filed a missing person's report. Their parents are deceased. "Everybody's really worried. Her brother is all she has left, and he's really worried and terrified. Everyone just wants her home safe," said Ray. [view link]

13 comments

• SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Cheetah's in Detroit, AGAIN!
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    "They were yelling or something and they said they messed with the wrong people and they had a gun to them," Ray explained. Being frank, young females will exercise poor judgement with predators, not knowing that they're poking a lion with a stick. By the time they realize it, it's too late.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Stay tuned for further details. Hopefully the story I heard today on the radio wasn't about them. Detroit police are investigating homicides with a few ( I don't remember the number) women found dead in Detroit with gunshot wounds.
  • arbeeguy
    13 years ago
    They were both found dead in an abandoned house in Detroiton June 22
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    That confirms it, thanks arbeeguy. Sad story.
  • johnbrwon001
    13 years ago
    [view link] They were shot to death. Thank god for the 2nd Amendment.
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    I'm not quite sure why the 2nd Amendment was brought up in this particular story. Criminals would have, carry, and use guns whether we have a 2nd Amendment or not. I'm not a genius but I can figure that out.
  • harrydave
    13 years ago
    Well, that is just horrifying. When you sit in a strip club and look around at the other guys, chances are at least one of them has some very bad thoughts or intentions. Strip clubs aren't unique in that respect, but it is not a comforting conclusion.
  • tttclub
    13 years ago
    I agree with Dave. Even the classiest clubs, if you look around, you can probably spot the drug dealer and the guy with 2 frozen stripper heads in his freezer (assuming they are 2 different guys.) That being said, I've probably at one point visited every strip club here in the Detroit area, except Cheetahs. How anybody still goes there or works there is beyond me with all the shit that has gone down there over the last 4-5 years. Funny thing is, it's only about a mile from Penthouse club, and nothing (at least newsworthy) has happened there. Same shitty neighborhood, but it's all about the ownership and the clientele.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    Doesn't the club have cameras that could be used? How about their cellphones? Sounds like they may have had previous contact with the suspect(s), unless they decided to randomly drive down to Detroit just to go to a titty bar. Then again, any smart killer would have dumped the cellphones in the Detroit River.
  • zef8mich
    13 years ago
    The women knew the person who's been charged with their murders. http: //[view link] Detroit man charged in murder of two Flint women A Detroit man has been charged in the double murder of two Flint women in June, police and prosecutors announced today. Eddie Smith, 31, was arraigned today on two counts of first-degree premeditated murder in the shooting deaths of Shenil Jefferies, 20, and Kendra Wolfe, 21, police said. If convicted of first-degree murder, Smith faces life in prison without parole. He is also charged with two counts of felony murder, two counts of kidnapping, felon in possession, felony firearm and habitual fourth offense. According to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, the women came to Detroit on June 18 to go to Cheetah's. Police said Smith drove from Detroit to Flint to pick up the women, then drove them back to Detroit to go to the night club. Police said it is alleged that a verbal altercation escalated and ended up both women being fatally shot. Days later, the women's bodies were found in a vacant home on the 5400 block of Canton. Both women died from multiple gunshot wounds, according to the prosecutor's office. After obtaining a warrant, the Detroit Fugitive Apprehension Team arrested Smith on Wednesday, police said. "This was a good example of hard work by the Detroit Police Homicide Investigators and the Detroit Fugitive Apprehension Team," Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee Jr. said in a statement. "I just hope that their good work has helped bring some closure" to the women's families.
  • zef8mich
    13 years ago
    Here's a working link. [view link]
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    I know this is WAY off topic, but when I saw Flint, Michigan, I just felt I had to comment. Yeah, I behind in my movie watching, but I just watched "Roger & Me" a couple of weeks ago on Comcast ON DEMAND TV - the Michael Moore documentary about the GM auto plant closures in Flint. You'll probably never catch the left-wing Moore and myself at the same polical convention, but I really have to hand it to the guy. It was a very well done documentary. Funny, entertaining, aborbing, and by no means boring as many documentaries often are. He takes a grim subject - the closing of the auto plants in Flint - and made an excellent film. If you've never seen it, I would encourage everyone to watch this.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion