tuscl

Do you still go to regular bars?

For the first time in ages, I went to a regular bar with some colleagues after work and discovered I didn't know how to act. I kept looking around expecting to see naked women. The wait staff got annoyed when I kept asking when the dancers came on. I chatted up and bought drinks for a busty young lady, kept waiting for her to ask me for a dance, but she never did. When I offered her $10 to give me a Stevie, she stormed off.

So, do you still go to regular bars?

32 comments

• thesamurai
    13 years ago
    I go to regular bars frequently, usually to watch UFC with the guys or happy hour after work. Sometimes the staff at these places are hotter than the dancers at clubs I frequent, which is a sad state of affairs!! The price of living in the boonies...
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    What's a regular bar?
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Strip clubs *are* regular bars.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    going out to a regular bar in a while after i work out and take a shower ;)
  • Player11
    13 years ago
    I dont go to regular bars unless you consider places like Hooters and Twin Peaks one.

I have met some SA (SeekingArrangement.com) gals at a place like Chilis for dinner / drinks and then proposition them for sex. These sorties have been successful but these gals are more civilians vs strippers. I fly jets (Strippers) not necessarily prop jobs.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    More often than SCs.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    In a regular bar, the women are hustling men for money, but the call it looking for dating material. They just keep their clothes on until you have spent enough money on them. Stippers disrobe for a fixed or agreed upon fee. And I made the mistake at a regular bar of buying a round of drinks with a fistful of singles. The snickering was real and loud.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    The stories I could tell about my time in regular bars! I did uncountable business deals in the bar of Calgary's best steakhouse over 25+ years, including the deal that made me truly wealthy. Customer appreciation nights in Cowboys during the Stampede! Vigorous, animated booze-fueled debates about history, politics, culture over bottles of Latour in the wine bar in Saint Raphael. Fascinating people that a guy like me would never have met otherwise. Breaking up fights so that I had a reliable crew of rig pigs for the next day's work. And on and on and on.......

One thing I never did in bars during all those decades was hook up with women. I was a total working fool. Bars were just another office or stress release for the pathetic life I was leading.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    I never go to regular bars. I don't see the point of drinking without naked women around.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    The last time I went to a regular bar I took a stripper with me.
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    If you count going to restaurants that also have bars, or bars that serve food, I go to many more regular places than strip clubs. I've never had a problem with confusing the two.
  • dallas702
    13 years ago
    Since I have "grown up" and quit trying to impress other guys with my macho, I find "regular" bars boring. Yes, I go once in a while; to watch a game, meet friends or grab a cool one before going home. These days the stops in a regular bar are almost always very brief and no longer include any trolling for available women.

Though I have noticed the women SuperDude referred to looking for guys in regular bars. Watching their moves is NOT as entertaining as a SC, but can be fun when it's not pitiful.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I quit drinking alcohol so no point in going to a regular bar and I have never gone to a strip club to drink.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    What gmd and jacklash said.
    13 years ago
    Go to regular bars more frequently than strip clubs these days. The one place I go has some hot bartenders and waitresses. They're quite friendly and keep a more regular schedule than strippers.

Kind of flattering to get attention from a hot waitress 30 years my junior who's not even making any money off me (I almost always sit at the bar with the hottie bartenders).
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    When I go to regular bars, I always find myself thinking that if this were a SC, these chicks would be naked. Therefore, I don't go much, although for dinner on occasion, I've found that a place called "The Tilted Kilt" (a chain) offers a fabulous Hooters-type experience, but better food and hotter waitresses who show more skin. Not a bad "mainstream" alternative if not hitting my favorite SC.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Rod: I've been tempted a couple of times, but their menu doesn't seem that appealing when I look at it online. Irrespective of the eye candy, *is* the food worth a shot in spite of that? Because honestly, for a restaurant, just the eye candy isn't enough to get me in the door.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I would be but I don't usually have as much fun in them. One place changed management and they took out all of the arcade games along one wall I believe. For a while I would stop off there early in the evening before the strip clubs got going because they were slow early in the evening. I like the car racing arcade games and the shoot em up type games. I could usually do better if I had a few beers first because it made things move slower on the screen. The regular arcade didn't offer beer. I spotted a dancer I knew one night as she came into the club. She came up to me and sat with me for a few minutes. She came alone. Then she asked if I would be at the "club" later on. I said yes if she was going to be there. She said yes to that.

Another night while I was sitting drinking a beer, one girl starting feeling my legs. I was wearing shorts. I was only taking a break from playing the arcade games and usually didn't stay that long. I stayed a few hours that night. The next morning I changed my mind about hooking up with her. I was just trying to have a little bit of fun and she lived what I thought was too far away to bother with at the time. I thought it was a bit amusing there were all these single guys sitting around the bar and the one horny girl looking to hook up with someone. I was probably the only guy not really that interested in hooking up with anyone. Well that wasn't why I was there.

Occasionally one regular bar used to do a bikini contest and I would go and visit for that. After waiting around an hour or two or longer for it to start, I thought one night I would have been better off driving an hour to a strip club and not wait around for anything.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    If a regular bar or club plays country music, I will stay away from it even if a bunch of good looking dancers hinted that they go there. I've walked out of strip clubs if they play too much country music. I like rock and heavy metal. I don't seem to find too many places that have everything I like.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    gmd - The Tilted Kilt's food has an Irish flair and is better prepared IMHO than Hooters. Plus, it offers more pf a restaurant experience, instead of like Hooters where you sit on wooden benches and have to wipe your mouth with a paper towel.

I'd rate the food on par with most any decent brewpub type of place, and I like that they feature some out-of-the-ordinary dishes like Shepherd's Pie, Irish Stew, and Gaelic Chicken. Serving size is also generous, so I wind up taking half my plate home.

While the food and atmosphere are satisfactory, I probably would not make a special trip were it not for the girls. At least at the Atlanta location I visited, some were over-the-top gorgeous and those TK outfits, which at first might appear kind of hokey, actually work. They where low cut bikini-type tops and go bare midriff with very low-riding kilts.

I'd say give it a try. You may not become a fan, but there are worse ways to enjoy a beer and a burger.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    I went to the Tilted Kilt a few times and was billed for things I did not order among other schemes. The waitresses there think they can get away with it because they are wearing skimpy outfits. They feel just showing some skin and giving bad service would get them a big tip. I filed a complaint with corporate and got gift cards that I may end up selling or giving away. Their food is better than Hooters easily, but I have had my fill of scamming waitresses. Lying thriving whores, only a half step above a stripper. Never trust a woman who sells her body to make a living.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    *Thieving, not thriving.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    I know some thriving whores at the club.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Yes, I go to regular bars. It's fun to go to a place where the women aren't taking off their clothes. One can imagine. :)
  • JGoose
    13 years ago
    Go to a bar to pay two to five bucks for a beer?

Go to a bar with the deputies sitting nearby just waiting to pounce on every one coming out?

Go to a bar that doesn't have nekkid women?
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Thanks, rod. We'll see what happens.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    seems like a lot of the akron strip clubs are regular bars with a lot of regulars just there to drink. A big uproar is going on with Jen's Den for raising their beer prices. I don't mind if the drink prices increase but I don't like how ROBs there are trying to increase the dance prices from $15/song to $20/song.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    I go to regular bars to shoot pool. My wife is a pretty good pool player, so she comes with me sometimes. I think I've only played pool at a SC once, and that was with several other dancers. They spent too much time playing with each others butts while they were lining-up a shot, and we had to stop so some other guys could play.

So, I go to regular bars to put balls in holes, and I go to SC's to......well, sometimes it involves balls and holes.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    The problem with regular bars is that you can get a beer for $1 to $3. I like paying $8.25 for a beer at a strip club.
  • harrydave
    13 years ago
    Man, I wish that question was even relevant to me these days. There are no strip clubs here. There are regular bars in the tourist hotels. The drink prices are outrageous, but there is a bar in the Grand Hyatt I frequent regularly for several reasons: 1) I can take only so much conversation with my dogs; 2) They have a really decent band that plays 6 nights a week; 3) the place is a watering hole for young guys from the ships that are patrolling for pirates, and they are fun to watch as they get totally plastered, and 4) there is a small collection of decent looking Chinese girls who camp out there and offer "massages". So all is not lost.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Loving thriving whores?
  • troop
    13 years ago
    did something last night in a couple local regular bars that i never do in a strip club. i got staggering on the verge of barfing drunk!
    still a little hung over almost 24 hours later.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion