tuscl

Guidelines for Tipping

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:51 PM
In reading responses to another discussion I started it came to mind that we have NEVER had a stripper act less than thrilled with the amount of tip we have given. So, that raised a question in my mind and maybe we are tipping too much for the norm. (We do not seek or receive "extras" beyond what a stripper offers without a discussion of price during a dance.) We usually just tell her our own personal rules and let her go with what she wants and where it takes us. My question is, what percentage or dollar amnount do you usually tip for a "routine" dance? (Obviously, our regular is special and gets more tip because she has taken the time to get to know us and knows what our hot buttons are.)

36 comments

• Rod8432
    13 years ago
    I range from 0% to 25%. From what I've read earlier on the topic, some guys just about never tip and I tend to agree that tipping for a LD is not necessarily expected. I do however tip for really good service under almost any circumstance. For LDs, if the girl chats with me for a bit and gives a good dance (relative to the guidelines of the club), then I'll float her an extra few dollars. I also will let her know by saying something like, "Here's what I owe you for the dance(s) and a little extra to say thanks for < whatever it was that I liked - her time, her conversation, her sexy dance, etc >" I do that for two reasons: 1) So there's no disagreement as to what I paid her officially for the dance(s), and 2) So the tip doesn't escape her notice, which is easy to have happen once my dollars get mingled with all the other dollars in her garter.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    To tip a stripper, just give her a slight push while she's standing in her 8 inch heels.
  • jestrite50
    13 years ago
    I only tip if the dance is better than I expected. If the dance was just average or what you expected then in my opinion there is no reason to tip. Some girls almost demand a tip. They only get it from me if they go above and beyond the normal dance.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    Jestrite - I too have found that maybe 10% of the strippers out-and-out ask for a tip. I'll usually cave and give her a few bucks, rather than tell her no, but I'll never get a dance from her again. And I've watched these girls grow bewildered as to why I ignore them going forward, and they eventually leave me alone, while the non-tip demanders continue to get many, many dances from me (and tips in many cases, too).
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    9 times out of 10, I don't tip for a lap dance. I just pay for the cost of the dance. That said, on ONE occasion I did tip a dancer for a lap dance, but she was a favorite.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Jackslash that is hilarious! Do you regularly go stripper tipping? LMAO. Generally I don't tip, but as many have already stated, I'll tip when the time, conversation and dance (or some combination thereof) went above expectations.
  • m00tpoint
    13 years ago
    Ok, so I revise my statement: Apparently we are VERY good tippers.
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    I don't tip at all, I spend enough to where a tip doesn't matter, they get paid enough, they don't need extra money. I receive the same, if not better treatment from the strippers compared to the big tippers
  • degree
    13 years ago
    It really depends on the club. If the girl keeps the entire dance fee, I don't tip unless she goes above and beyond. If the club is takes a cut, I'll give at least a few dollars.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Once I know the dancer and the club, what I usually do is basically pay her tip-out to the club. $30 for a $25 dance. Of course that depends on the dance. Some get $0.00.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    For a $20 range lapdance, I tip in the $0-10 per song range, depending on the quality of the dance. Usually ends up being 5, but both ends are not uncommon. I seldom go more than 2 or 3 songs, though. VIP/CR rooms (much less frequent now since those puritanical bastards on the city council started meddling) are generally negotiated before ever going back.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    I see no need for tipping. If I like the dances, we do more. My enjoyment of the club has never been diminished by my not tipping. IMO, tipping is more of an ego gratification for the tipper.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Once in San Antonio, I went to a club that had 5.00 LD's. I went there after had been at a club where I got sick from rancid soda. I received a lackluster LD, but the brain wasn't working very well and I gave her a 20. Later, I got another lackluster LD from another stripper. She acted surprised to get a 20 but upon seeing my open wallet, she didn't work an upsell, nor did she even try to offer another LD. Totally disgusted, I left.
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    A couple of reasons that I'll tip... 1. To let her know what she is doing right...so she'll do it and more next time. 2. To help her to remember me...so she'll do me more next time! That said, its usually just a round up to the next $20 bill. When you're already being charged upwards of $30 a dance, it's really tough to want to give any more cash.
  • newmark
    13 years ago
    If I bail after one song I normally don't tip. But if I get multiples I usually tip some amount over the standard price. There are a lot of factors that make up that decision, but is mostly between 10 and 30 percent.
  • HonestT
    13 years ago
    Unless the dance is lackluster, the dancer is distant, or if she talks to anyone else during my dance, I will tip $10 per song. This is assuming $30 per song, and I usually only do 2 for 1s or other deals. If unsolicited extras occur, I double the tip. I typically dance with 3-5 girls per visit. After reading the above comments, I see why I'm usually popular with the dancers. I guess I'm tipping too much.
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    The club I frequent, dances are $20 each. So I will give somewhere between $22 and $25. I've never "not tipped" to be honest, but there have been girls who haven't seen more than $22.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    One way I "tip" is to give the girl the full price for two dances when the DJ offers 2-for-1 LDs. I noticed at my $10/dance clubs that some of the girls either avoid altogether or don't try hard for the 2-for-1. It's hardly worth their time for only $5/song; they'd rather take a break. So when I say, "I'm going to pay full price because these dances are a bargain anyway," the girl seems especially appreciative and I'm not out any more than if I'd gotten two dances a little earlier or later and no "tipped" at all.
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    Wish there were clubs around here where the "standard" price for a dance was $10, let alone $5 for a special.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Come to Michigan, gsv. Two clubs in suburban Detroit have $10 specials' days. Bogarts on Tuesdays, Henry VIII South on Wednesdays. I'm told Henry VIII in Inkster does have a day also, but I guaranteed you'll get extras at the first 2.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Come to Michigan, gsv. Two clubs in suburban Detroit have $10 specials' days. Bogarts on Tuesdays, Henry VIII South on Wednesdays. I'm told Henry VIII in Inkster does have a day also, but I guaranteed you'll get extras at the first 2.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I wish the response time was a bit quicker. I am a patient man, but sometimes. . . .
  • m00tpoint
    13 years ago
    Wow. No wonder our dancers love us. We are great tippers. We assumed, maybe incorrectly, that since there were two of us we should be tipping double just as at the rail. And there was one stripper who told us she should tip us because she had such a great time. LOL Obviously, we ended up getting more dances from her on subsequent visits. Any strippers wanna weigh in?
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    I tip 20-25% under most circumstances. If the girl asks for a tip, I probably will decline or maybe if the dance was actually good throw in a couple bucks from my tiprail stack. Hustlers get zero.
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    I rarely tip for just one or two lap dances. For an exceptional dance, or multiples, or if I plan on getting more dances from her later, I'll add no less than a $5. (Somehow, tipping ones for a LD just doesn't seem right.) The last time I tipped, I got five very good $20 dances and gave the girl a $100 bill and a $20.
  • chukko
    13 years ago
    I usually don't tip for LD's, but their are certain instances where I tip extra. When I go to a club, I always budget my money and break it into different amounts in different pockets for different purposes. For stage shows, I may tip 5 or even a 2 to help get extra attention from a certain dancer that I'm interested in. For lapdances I never tip more than 20 dollars extra. I only tip extra if I had a excellent dance, a dance that I went over board with, or I got a dance from a dancer with an excellent personality that I really enjoyed talking to before hand. I have tipped the remainder of my budget before too, but that was a rare case and a mind blowing dance that I had stuck in my head for days. I've also tipped a girls that sat down with me for no reason and just started talking to me and never got a dance. I find it courteous since I consumed a good amount of her time for no cost. In a way, tipping does help my ego, but it is also a way for me to express how much I enjoyed something.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    m00tpoint: If both of you are going to the rail, and both getting the treatment, then you *should* both be tipping. If you're both going to the VIP, that's a little different. Unless there's two dancers with you, a double tip is probably unnecessary, though not unwelcome, as you found out. More than a single, of course, but not double. Unless you think it's worth it, of course. :)
  • johnbrwon001
    13 years ago
    Like chukko I like to tip where it has the most impact i.e. at the rail to get the attention of a dancer. If it's a dancer I want personal attention from later a fiver is usually enough to get her attention. And for LDs I figure the best tip is to get another LD or go to the VIP room, but usually these are the same girls I've already given a few bucks to at the rails or on table dances.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    Sober? I am a cheap bastard. Drunk? I tip like a rap star.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Dictionary... patient: picture of vm with a red slash right across his face!
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Impatient: picture of Clubber painting a red slash across vm's face
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Impatient: picture of Clubber painting a red slash across vm's face
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I rarely tip. And no, I'm not a cheap bastard. I wish I was a hot young babe getting cash for a lot of guys for "entertainment" I've heard plenty of SS over the years as we all have. It isn't my problem that they want more money any way they can get it.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    I'm not much of a tipper. If I like a dancer, I will become a regular of hers. If she asks for a tip, it's likely the last time I'll ever get a dance from her. I'm rarely asked for a tip.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Fuck them not tip them
  • TABB
    13 years ago
    The last time I tipped a stripper after a LD was about 1 1/2 years ago. For some reason I stopped doing that. Usually the favorite place I go to in Tempe I get more than enough dances from my ATF and other favs. I would usually waste 4 to 6 dances on my other favs and 8+ on my ATF
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion