tuscl

Another Unrealistic Portrayal of Strip Clubs on Television

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Did anyone happen to see the episode of "House" last night. Taub goes to a strip club and is getting a lap dance and reaches out and briefly touches the dancer's back when he sees a suspicious mole. She warns him -- "no touching". Taub reaches for her back again to check out the mole and the dancer calls the big, burly bouncer over and Taub get tossed out his ass.

Jeez, have any Hollywood writers actually been in a strip club lately? Blow jobs are OK but this guy is getting kicked out for touching a dancer's back? Get real.

15 comments

• rickdugan
    13 years ago
    Actually I think that House is set in Chicago. The downtown Chicago clubs are brutal on the control/paranoia front and I'm not sure that this is unrealistic at all there.
  • hewhois
    13 years ago
    actually, Princeton, NJ. Never been to a club there, so I can't say how realistic it is to get kicked out for suggesting a skin cancer screening.
  • newmark
    13 years ago
    I don't know New Jersey at all, But I have heard about some good sounding clubs there.
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    I say let the general public think that clubs are this tightly run...maybe that way they'll stay off our asses. Could you imagine the response if Taub had got ITC action on the show?!
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    The only New Jersey strip club that I'm familiar with is Bada Bing. It's not at all strict about what the girls do, but you don't want to piss off the owner.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Is TV reality?
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Is TV reality ?

Take it from a writer-the reasons I watch so little TV and see fewer movies:

1) Hollywood is absolutely ruled by gay people. No,they haven't been in a SC and have no plans to go. It's why there is so much male nudity on TV and in movies. A bare male ass is to a gay guy what a vagina is to heteros.

2) Hack writers are kept on set. When an actor "Doesn't feel it man", or just too lazy to learn their lines, hacks re-write the lines making it more palatable for the actor and less real.
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    A bare male ass is to a gay guy what a vagina is to heteros.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience in loving bare male ass...
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    motorhead, blowjobs are OK because you aren't touching her and are abiding by the 'no-touch rules'
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Realist, don't pick a fight, unless you're one of dougster's/misterguy's nom de plumes. In that case, I'll just put you on ignore.

You were way out of line you mouth breather.
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    LOL!

someone is taking pixels on a visual display unit a bit too seriously..
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    But motorhead, that is an extremely realistic portrayal, strip clubs are all about the tease, nothing ever happens, and you can't touch a dancer, EVER...at least, that's what I tell my wife!
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    his cock in her pussy while examining the mole
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    I was wrong - it is indeed in Princeton, NJ and not Chicago - sorry for the flub.

So I now have to say that this is probably a little less realistic than it would have been in Chicago.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    This seems like it could happen at Vanity in Columbus, OH no doubt about it. Also Private Dancer in Columbus has similar bullshit no touch rules
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion