tuscl

"Norm!"

Saturday, May 7, 2011 4:12 PM
Visited my usual club shortly after it opened. From the look of the parking lot, I was likely the first customer. As soon as I stepped in the door, 3 female voices (2 dancers and the bartender) rang out in unison, "Steve!" By the time I got to my seat my drink was waiting for me. I really did feel like Norm walking into "Cheers." Maybe time to cut back? So, do you ever get the "Norm" treatment?

21 comments

• mjx01
    13 years ago
    All the time at my regular place
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    You have moved from a regular to an investor.
  • Digitech
    13 years ago
    I've never had that. The most frequently and regularly I ever visited a club was last year at about this same time. I would go once a week on Thursday nights. I saw the same dancers working each time, but sure as the sky would be blue, they would introduce themselves to me and not remember who I was (besides my favorite I mean). The bartender started recognizing me after 3 visits or so.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Who's Norm?
  • chimark
    13 years ago
    not to the extreme of Norm from cheers, but I do know that I'm recognized. I haven't bought the VIP entry fee which gives me free entrance for a year and a few other extra types of things... i didn't think it was worth it... and since the bouncer now recognize me I rarely have to pay cover anyway....since most of the bouncers know me....
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I have heard that "Norm" reference mentioned in a review for Club X. I agree with it as well. The club offers plenty of free admission and I have been going for over 3 years and never have had to pay admission.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    I think that is one of the signs of going to a strip club too often. Others include having more than one strip club t-shirt, you have the phone number on speed dial, etc. LOL
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I don't pay admission at my favorite club because I have a life time membership card. Shelly is the door girl, Sam(Samantha)is the bar tender and knows what I drink, Sammy is the manager, Danno is the DJ. The waitress are either Jen or Matty or both. The dancers know that if gridget comes in at the same time, that they are not going to get any dances from me while she is there. Yeah, I am treated like Norm!
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Remember T_B? That guy would walk around BD with his dick hanging out - yeah he was a skinny version of Norm
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Happens at least three clubs, at present.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    steve229, I made a return visit to No. 5 Orange a couple days after the review that you quoted when starting a discussion here about price gouging. Bartender plops down a Kokanee and says, "Sorry art, I think your favourite lady left the club already." Ouch! After a single visit the bartender remembers all this stuff?? Sheesh.....
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    fa, A GOOD bartender remembers a lot! And sometimes, to much. :)
  • cobraguy
    13 years ago
    Yea, me And my friend get the same treatment at our regular joint. Both hostesss know us so no cover. We have our waitress who rarely charges full price and is always bringing "free" drinks. friends with thr bouncers and most importantly the manager. And then there's 6 dancers and both sht girls who know our names. Which is pretty damn good for the little money we spendthere. Most of thr regular girls not on a name basis won't approach me tho if my girls there. They're scared of her lol
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    AHHH!! It must be nice. My ATF club rarely gives me free admission. Every now and then, but not often. I'll just have to go more often again when I return home.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    farmerart - You must have run up a memorable, Norm-like bar tab! (In Cheers lore, Sam had to have Norm's bar tab calculated by NASA) Norm status does have a few perks, I guess. Two drinks is usually my limit, so if I'm staying longer I'll ask for water. My fav bartender will bring me a big mug of ice water (same as the dancers get) free of charge. One day a guy sitting a couple seats down from me at the bar sees this, so he orders a water too. Bartender brings him a small bottled water and charges him $4. Guy asks what's up. She tells him they're not allowed to serve customers water in open glasses. Guy turns towards me and gives me a dismayed look. I just shrugged my shoulders and sipped my water, lol.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    While they don't *yell* it out that way, there are two local clubs where the bouncers and bartenders greet me by name and will have my water ready by the time I get to the bar. And a couple more where at least a couple of dancers greet me by name. As others have mentioned, though, that probably says more about me, than them.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Today I walked in my favorite club, the bartender brought me my Jack and said, "This ones on the house!" The guy next to me, gave a look like, "Who the hell are you?" Sure makes one feel special.
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    Haha, I've gotten that before. Have been given quite a few drinks on the house (and I'm relatively new to the scene). Dunno if it's good or bad. But hey, some great times happening in there. Extras ITC where I never thought possible. Gotta love it.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    My next door neighbor and close friend won a "Norm" look-a-like contest at a "Cheers" party in downtown Atlanta shorty after the series ended, Yeah, He got a free drink!
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    I get that alot too, since I'm not the average SCJ. Recognition and "comps" from the parking lot/doorman/bartender & waitresses have their obvious perks, but there definitely are some cons as well, specifically from some dancers. The cons can be trouble for those of us not interested in ATF's or GFE's. Once you're a "Norm" at a club, many of the dancers start assuming that you "belong" to certain dancers, which can suck if you like variety on your visits and find that a dancer you've got your eye on won't dare come over because some other dancer there has decided that you're "hers" & threatened her in the DR to stay away. Ugh!
  • Philip A. Stein
    13 years ago
    Hehehe, at my old haunt, I usually stand behind the bar at the very end. Once I walked in and had the bartender ask/tell someone standing there to move as my drink was arriving.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion