tuscl

Prepay or Postpay

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Sunday, April 24, 2011 1:28 PM
Do you have a preference? Is it a dealbreaker if a girl asks for the lap dance fee before services are rendered?

45 comments

• dancecritic
    13 years ago
    My experience is most dancers will trust you for at least one dance if you don't look or act like you are intoxicated or irresponsible. I prefer to pay for the dance after the dance, but as mentioned above some clubs and / or dancers require a prepayment. I am also sure many or most dancers have been ripped off by customers and, of course, many cutomers have been ripped off by dancers. I always try to talk with a dancer for a few minutes before a dance and I also indicate that any tip will vary with how good the dance is and how intereested the dancer is in doing what makes me happy. The other thing that varies by club is whether the dance fee is split with the club. That sometimes determines when you pay. Another good alternative, if you are able, is to prepay for the first dance and then pay and / ot tip the dancer for subsequent dances based on how attentive she is.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Dealbreaker. I don't prepay for a service of this nature. Too often guys get the shaft on that kind of arrangement.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Not an option in local clubs. You *will* prepay, since the house gets at least half of the dance fee in most cases. I've had more than one girl suggest extending the dance without letting the club in on it, of course, but in the main, it's payment up front. I've never been shorted around here, though that might be because I tend to be in the lookout for opportunities to do that, and fend them off.
  • WetWilly
    13 years ago
    If I find that more than one woman is asking for prepay I find my way to the door. Virtually every time I've done prepay in the past, the dances were weak, short, air dances.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    Never prepay. If they don't trust me they can go fuck themselves.
  • Ironcat
    13 years ago
    I've only pre-paid a couple times and it always made me feel uneasy (although both dancers did a good job). I remember I didn't leave an extra tip when I paid up front. That is why I like sticking to dancers that I know.
  • JGoose
    13 years ago
    I would prepay with my favorite dancers just so I don't have to deal with it afterwards. However, I would never prepay with a dancer that I haven't experienced yet.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Whispers cabaret opened here in Columbus last year with prepay system and it went out of business 6 months later. Dances were cheapest in town 2 for 20 but I would rather go to club x down the road and do 2 for 25 without prepay
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    I got suckered into it at Houston Dolls once, but that was because I'd had all kinds of good stuff at Dolls before. A deal breaker.
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    Not into prepay - always prefer postpay, and will tip well if the dances are good :)
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    I insist on pre-paying for lap dances, and 95% of the time, I do get the right to do so (either because that's the norm for the club, or because I insist in the particular instance). For full-service or even for any service that's "more" than a lap dance, I would prefer to pre-pay, but I have not had the luxury of pre-paying. I've had to cash-up-front it.
  • rl27
    13 years ago
    I never prepay for individual dances, only for half hour or more champaign room dances, or lap dance room fees. I have yet to find a club where you were required to pay before the dances, it's only been the dancers asked for the money upfront. When they do I skip them, because odds are the dance will be bad.
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    I avoid clubs that make you pay up front. If a dancer asks for the money before the dance, I see it as a warning sign. I might prepay for one. If she is good, I might ask her about multiples later, but I'm not going to pay in advance when I want her to keep going and don't know how many that will be. If a dancer is good for the first dance, I'll more than likely ask her to keep going and end up with three or four. Asking for the money up front just seems like restraint of trade.
  • ww
    13 years ago
    I usually post pay, but have you guys ever encountered when you knew you got a certain number of dances and the girl upsells you??? Since its happened to me (rarely, but it has happended more than once), I will actually prepay a girl if I "feel" I'm only going to get 1 or 2 dances...sometimes this is actually a good thing (especially if she eyes that I have more money to spend) since she may put forth a little extra to show that it would be worth the time to contine spending on her... I also prepay the girls that I know I'm going to get a significant amount of laps from just so she doesn't go over the amount I'm trying to spend...
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    rl27, it is club policy at Private Dancer in Columbus to prepay for dances. I have also been to Jen's Den in akron where a few dancers will ask for prepay on the first dance and postpay for the rest but this was not a club policy.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    I'd like to see more reviewers stating whether a particular club's policy is prepay, postpay, or up to the dancer. I can then weed out prepay clubs from my target list. And in clubs where some girls ask for up front while others ask for after, you know the prepay girls are ROBs.
  • topmandd
    13 years ago
    Thankfully always been to postpay places. I even keep track during songs as well.
  • crecat03
    13 years ago
    The only club within 100 miles of my house requires you to prepay for the first lap dance ($15 to the house and 20 to the dancer) but then you can stay as long as you like, usually for $20/song. Management also heavily monitors behavior in the lap dance booths. This is not a good policy - making the customer feel untrustworthy is just a bad business practice. I go to this club fairly regularly but mostly just tip at the stage and play pool with the dancers. This is the only place across the south I've seen that requires prepayment for a lap dance.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    In any lame Alberta club that I have visited you MUST pre-pay if you want private dances and this payment must be made to the bartender, bouncer, or lap dance area attendant. Fees are $30 or higher per song. To make matters worse, arranging OTC with a hot dancer without first paying for some private dances is almost hopeless. See why I call Alberta clubs lame?
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    @farmerart - it's probably just as hard to get OTC in NYC (if not harder). Usually requires that you spend some money on the girl in the club first.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    gsv: Most if us have to spend a bit of money to get anywhere with anybody who's worth it. Art does too, but it's easier for him; he just offers to buy the club. :)) jk, dude.
  • Player11
    13 years ago
    I dont mind showing them the money or handing $40 for 2 dances upfront. Beyond that I am skittish on prepayments.
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    Paying for the first dance in advance isn't unreasonable. Paying for more than that should be a red flag. I had a dancer approach me at 1:00 a.m. and want to be paid for ten dances, so that she would know that she wouldn't have to hustle other customers in the last hour before closing. After a dance or two, she got called up to the stage. She must have know that was coming - that's why she wanted to get paid up front. At another club, champagne rooms were $125 or $150 for an hour (just for the room). A regular fav talked me into it, then said she usually figured that would amount to ten dances, and wanted to get paid up front. She had no reason to think that I wouldn't pay her (she was a high-mileage favorite, who had made plenty of money from me in the past), but I thought she'd be her usual naughty self for an entire hour, so I paid. After about ten minutes, I asked if she was going to start dancing. She said that she didn't like the song that was playing. When the next song started, I asked 'well, how about now?' She replied indignantly that she had just lit a cigarette. She then explained that if she didn't get all ten dances in that night, she would do them 'next time', as if I'd ever get a champagne room with her again. Eventually, she had brought a half-dozen other dancers into the room, thinking that they would like her if she helped them make some money. One girl she physically dragged in, even though she was with a customer, and ot on the way to do some dances. Later, when she saw the thick wad (of money) that theher girl had, she sneered 'she doesn't have to be in here' (since she had already made plenty of money). Often, when a dancer gets greedy, she ends up making a lot less money off me than she would have by not trying to scam me.
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    The first time I encountered pre-paying was in 2001, at Ruby's II in Bridgeport, CT. You would have to buy a movie-ticket from a waitress for $20, and give that to the dancer for the first dance. I believe she got $10 (each) for turning those in at the end of the night. If you wanted multiple dances, you just settle up with her at the end. But, each time you start with the same dancer, or a different dancer, it took another ticket. For Club Risque in Philadelphia, you pay $20 at the podium when going in to the lapdance room. I expect that the dancer gets half of that at the end of the night. However many dances you get, you pay her at the end, or pay at the podium. Either way, the guy at the podium keeps track of how many songs you've been back there for, so that the club gets their cut from the girl (or from you, if you pay at the podium).
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    Fortunately the clubs I visit these days are post-pay. I have encountered pre-pay a few times over the years, and felt that it dampened the mood somewhat.
  • crazyjoe
    13 years ago
    i rarely get asked to prepay. It only happened to me [view link] is a red flag I think. The first time it happened I had a really bad vibe from the dancer. I was seated and she was on my lap ready for the next song to start when she asked me to prepay. She told me it was club rules. I was somewhat of a regular and knew she was full of crap. She argued with me. watch who you argue with, I knew all of the bouncers the managers and lots of the dancers there. I pushed her off my lap and told me we were done before we started. She said I had to pay for one song for going back there with her so I told her to have the manager tell me himself! lol The second one went ahead and did dances without prepayment. I did more songs with her than I should have because she was so hot! The latter stoped after 2 songs to collect money before she would do any more dances. Really annoying. If they dont trust you dont trust them
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    At one of the clubs I've been to on a regular basis, the $20.00, no touch dance is paid for AFTER you receive the lap dance. But if you want a two-way, contact dance where you can touch the dancer, you have to pay a MINIMUM of $60.00 for 2 songs and you HAVE to pre-pay.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    " the don't pay first crowd.
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    If dancer asks for prepay in a club where postpay is customary (vast majority of clubs I've been to)- that is a dealbreaker. In some cases, VIP's are prepay. I don't have heartburn with that, because I wouldn't go there,unless non-Vip test drive was good, or I knew the dancer to be good from a prior visit.
  • RocStarsky
    13 years ago
    you really cant do anything if the club requires payment beforehand. many of the clubs i go to have a machine that takes in the money and acts as a timer. so i would pay for the booth/room for that time I want and the dancer starts. I've never been shafted with this kind of method.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I'm familiar with some clubs that require pre-pay, at least before the first dance. Most of the time, those places suck. I believe at one place I've been to, it happens to prevent extras from occurring, since many of the dancers there aren't really dancers (lol).
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    If a dancer asks you to prepay, she was probably screwed over earlier in the day...or lazy. Ive had some guys insist on prepaying, usually in three song sets. Then when we're done they'll prepay another three. I only ask a customer to prepay if they are an out of towner who speaks NO english ( or would like you to think that). Guys that do not speak english are notorious for getting multiple dances in a row, then when it comes time to pay, they don't understand you. I've had multiple customers who can understand me before a dance but once its ended, they claim they can't understand me. That's the only prepay scenario.
  • mikewazowski
    13 years ago
    There was a time that the old Shangri-La (now Scores) in Tampa required the girls to have their dances pre-paid. Well, actually, a girl could elect to not take pre-pay AT HER OWN RISK. That way, if a dancer whined about not getting her money, it was her fault and the club intervened in no way other than asking the guy to leave - if he was foolish enough to still be there. It made total sense to me and I've always been baffled by how many guys post about being offended by the practice. I mean, it wasn't like you had to determine how many dances you were going to do and pony it all up. You could always extend your session but it just meant, "fork over another twenty for the next song." But if you have no intentions of shorting the girl, why should this practice bother you? I see a bunch of you saying how you are afraid she'll give a shitty dance. Well go to Foxy in New Port Richey, Florida. Not only is the house going to be all up your ass about paying in advance but if you don't get laid (or whatever it is you want) behind the curtain, something is horribly wrong. Another thing about the old Shangri-La practice... No man ever walked out of there with a horror story about a psycho stripper claiming he ripped her off and ending the visit with an encounter with the bouncer's fist. So I always saw their policy as protecting the customer from true rip-off girls (who have their money and want more) just as much as it protected the girl from the customer who wants to pull the "I don't have enough money" game.
  • skibum609
    13 years ago
    There's no pre-pay in New England and the few times dancers have asked the dance has been lousy so its a deal breaker for me.
  • kappa_girl
    13 years ago
    I don't ask customers to pre-pay unless they are known to have shafted another girl at the club (yea boys, your rep follows you!) or I have a feeling they don't have the money (because I've personally been shafted before myself). Otherwise, my dances are always post-pay and as a result I'm even tipped most of the time!
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    RE- mikew....// "why should this practice bother you"? Interesting question, coming from someone with ZERO reviews. Maybe a bunch of guys who have reviewed anywhere from 10-97 different clubs can spot a duck when it walks and quacks. On a final note: Since you appear to have some familiarity with Shangri-La/Scores (maybe worked there??), does Scores require patrons to prepay for a steak dinner and bottle of wine? I know Shulas, Mortons, etal do not.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I Post Pay but the stripper was mad I forgot to mail her the cash
  • rl27
    13 years ago
    Samsung, thats another reason not to go to Private Dancer. I haven't been there in years, basically because there wasn't one dancer there I would have wanted to see undressed.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Detroit has always been post pay, but a dancer might ask for payment after 4 or 5 dances, just to make sure she isn't cheated. She will claim that she need to be paid because she is due on stage. Sometimes that's the truth.
  • mikewazowski
    13 years ago
    Minnow. You know what happens when one assumes. FWIW, Scores in Tampa is now Scores, as opposed to Shangri-La, because it has new owners. I have yet to go there so I have no idea if their practices are the same as Shangri-La. For all I know, Shangri-La could have ditched their practice of pre-pay long before selling the business since the last time I was even inside the place was in 2004. And when I was there I found nothing offensive about the pay ahead concept. Fact was, any girl I got dances from never made me pre-pay beyond the first couple dances, once she figured out I wasn't out to rip her off - and I would hope I wasn't the only guy that happened to. However, I've been around strip clubs long enough to have seen more than one altercation between bouncers and customer because the customer was accoused, by the dancer, of not paying her. I have no reason to believe, in most of those situations, that the allegation was anything but true. However, there have been a few shady clubs/girls where I've witnessed this and had to wonder if the innocent guy who paid his way was getting rolled for more. The one of two clubs I've seen the pre-pay policy in had an explanation that made sense. It protects both the dancer and the customer. The other is just a case of management wanting to make sure they don't get cheated out of their cut of each dance and the way that it is enforced is ridiculous. At Shangri-La in Tampa, FL - EIGHT YEARS AGO - their policy was in the dancers' control. At Foxy in New Port Richey, FL - as recently as a couple weeks ago - the policy was completely in the managements' hands and was enforced in a downright ridiculous manner. And FWIW, I'll probably never write any reviews but if that makes my comments in discussion any less valid to you, Minnow, feel free to ignore anything I post.
  • mikewazowski
    13 years ago
    One other thing, Minnow... Regarding your idiotic statement about pre-paying for a meal at a strip club that pretends it offers "fine dining..." I'm pretty sure the laws regarding paying for a restaurant meal are a bit more tight than the laws regarding paying a dancer for a private dance. But as for the average strip club, that doesn't pretend it's also a restaurant... I challenge you to find a club that will run you a tab without first running a credit card so they can charge you if you skip out on paying. Obviously, there will be regulars at a club that they know are going to pay their tabs but find me a strip club you can walk into for the first time and run a tab without handing over a credit or debit card. Or see if you can get that tab just "letting them hold onto" the card and requesting that they not get it approved for a few hundred dollars to make sure you have the funds/credit limit to cover what they think you might be spending.
  • Digitech
    13 years ago
    There's nothing actually wrong with pre-paying...I understand why a girl might want to do it. However, though they may not have necessarily ripped me off, most of the dancers I encountered who required this give LDs which were quite underwhelming. I'm not sure if there's a correlation here.
  • Cheo_D
    13 years ago
    Prepaying just the flat base fee, for the first dance, does not bother me at all. Multiple repeats and tips, those are rightly dependent on performance.
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    Looks like the jury is out amoung experienced clubgoers in that: 1) Vast majority of clubs are postpay 2) The prepay dances are mostly subpar, or a ROB in cases where other club dancers are postpay. To put this question in sports terms: A postpay dance is like team owner(you) paying a player(dancer) a 1 year(dance) renewable contract. If unsat, its 1 yr contract and out. If good, multiple year extension with performance bonuses(tips). On the other hand, prepay is like ballplayer(dancer) getting an upfront bonus just for signing. Regardless of how well they perform, they got the money in their pocket. Later system (upfront signing bonus,or guaranteed multiyear contract) should only be reserved for known performers...
  • troop
    13 years ago
    i'm totally against prepay although i did do it one time for a vip, i mentioned it in one of my reviews. fortunately it turned out ok but i'd be hard pressed to prepay again.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion