tuscl

"Hey, Joe!"

Monday, April 4, 2011 4:57 PM
So I'm at the bar, dancer joins me, hugs me and says, "Hi, Joe!" Well, I know dancers meet dozens of guys every shift, and I'm amazed that they remember as many names as they do, so a dancer forgetting my name is not a big deal. What was funny was how sure this dancer was. So I played along, letting her dig herself deeper, until my fav bartender came by, heard us chatting, and finally asked the dancer, "Why are you calling him Joe?" Of course the dancer was mortified then, and became super apologetic. Later, as we were heading to the back, she said, "You're going to make my pay for that, aren't you?" "Yes," I replied, "yes I am." Any other cases of dancer mistaken identify?

23 comments

• Clubber
    13 years ago
    Wasn't a dancer, but rather a bartender in Ohio. This was the first time I had ever been in the establishment, and she SWORE that she knew me. I even showed her my DL to prove I wasn't him. She still swore I was.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    it has been happening - probably a conversation starter dancers use.
  • Columbo
    13 years ago
    I've had a dancer swear she knows me even when I deny it over and over.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    13 years ago
    I'm amazed that the dancers remember faces as much as they do. Two weeks ago, I was at my favorite club and I tip a dancer at the stage. She asks me "Don't I know you from somewhere?" And I start thinking "Oh s***! I might be busted here... Where would I know her from?" Once she tells me her stage name, I breathe easier. Turns out she's just moved from another club that I haven't been to in almost a year. She cut her hair short, so I didn't immediately recognize her. At her old club, she performed two or three very enjoyable dances for me about two years ago. And we probable talked once or twice before that. But that's it for the contact. I'm still amazed she remembered my face.
    13 years ago
    It's happened. At one of my fave clubs early in my tenure a dancer would refer to me as "Susie's customer". She'd say remember how Susie did such and such and give me the latest she'd heard regarding Susie who'd apparently moved away awhile back. Never met Susie, had no idea who she was... Slightly off-topic but had an ATF bartender at one of my clubs. She was very social, chatted up the customers, but had eyes in the back of her head. She would be 30 feet away, facing the other direction, I'd push my empty glass in front of me and she'd suddenly turn and mouth "do you want another one?". I always ordered a 7&7. Always. I'd walk in the bar and she'd start pouring. Except a couple of times. To my surprise out comes a Heineken. One time around Christmas out comes the Heineken. Then she says "thanks for the presents you gave us girls last night." Needless to say, I played along. ;-)
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Yeah, when the dancers call me Obama, though, I get upset.
  • boatmonkey
    13 years ago
    My ATF is just not good with names so even after four years of at least two or three sesions a month she often forgets my actual name. But she calls me Santa, her own nickname for me, and I guess that's OK (it eveidently fits - I was known as "Jolly" years ago in another club). On the flip side, there's another dancer who has been in the VIP with me maybe 6 times in total over four years and she never fails to say hi and call me by name every time she sees me!? There was one club I used to frequent where I was often mistaken for some attorney who was a regular, too, and evidently very generous with the girls. That was good and bad - girls would flock over but they all expected that I was going to buy rounds! LOL
  • basketball
    13 years ago
    I like the opposite. The dancer who you have seen in the club many times. You have met her before, and even possibly told her your name. You have gotten dances with her. She approaches and introduces herself as if, you have never met, seen, or danced with her before. Thanks for the mamaries, lol.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I get it a lot. For some reason, no matter what club I go to, if they screw up my name, they want to think I'm Steve. If you knew my life history, you wouldn't think up a mortifying name to have than Steve, but that's beside the point.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    @DandyDan - What's wrong with Steve? lol
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Yeah, I have had it happen too. I just chalk it up to dancer trying to get her foot in the door. Worst case I have expierenced was many years ago while attending a school function, I ran into my boss.He introduced me to his wife using the wrong name.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    vm, obama??? He doesn't have a mustache, but other than that... :)
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    I'm shocked when they remember me at all...which only one has...since I so rarely get out to the clubs.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I've been thinking about "remembering". I think they remember us IF they made better than "normal" money off us, and/or we weren't complete jerks. I would bet the vast majority of customers spend a lot lest than most of us here, and I've seen many that are far from respectful of dancers.
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    I walked into a club in Tampa for he second time in two weeks, to see a dancer who was a cross between Kate Beckinsale and Megan Fox. But prettier, win a nicer body. When she saw me, she excitedly came over to say "Hi". I was jazzed that she remembered me. Then she asked if my son had had his operation, to which I replied that I didn't have any children. She insisted that I had been in the club six months before, and had told her that my son needed an eye operation. I told her that I had been there only one time before, two weeks prior. I'm not sure if I ever convinced her. But I'd still pay $1000 for a vial of her bathwater. A couple of years before that, I was sitting at my desk at work (I had only been working there a few weeks), when a 60ish man came up to me and started talking to me like we'd known each other forever. I think he was trying to impress the new hire / intern with him by showing off how well-known, well-liked, and knowledgeable he was. When he finally stopped yakking at me so he could take a breath, I seized the opportunity to direct him and his charge to the next aisle, where my supervisor sat. I was just assuming that's who he was looking for, since he was nearby, and we vaguely resemble each other (as long as we're not standing together). He looked who led, but moved on without argument, and I tried not to laugh out loud at him as he walked away.
  • Knightline
    13 years ago
    I get accused of being Brad Pitt all the time - but I always say - let's see if you fuck as good as Angie! Never fails!! :-)
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I remember hearing girls say they remember me from somewhere or know me long before I went to strip clubs. Maybe it was from a sorority party I went to and got drunk at. I did not pass out or anything like that. The girls gave me lots of beer to drink. Excellent female to male ratio at the party. I don't remember why I was there or who invited me. I remember meeting one dancer who seemed a bit infatuated with me who claimed she knew me. I could not remember anything. After I eventually got alone with her and she showed me her oral skills, I said oh yeah, I remember now. Never did but do now. :)
  • dallas702
    13 years ago
    Last year I walked into a certain Houston, Texas club for the first time on a sunny afternoon and barely got past the entry when a squealing voice called out a version of my name that I sometimes use. A moment later a very shapely woman wrapped herself around me and started kissing my face. Since I was still a bit blind in the dark club, I couldn't even begin to guess who was hugging and kissing me, but I was not yet ready to complain! Ten minutes later I was parked in a dark corner, the lovely lady in my lap and a free beer in my hand. After only a few minutes of conversation she realizes that I am NOT the person she thought I was! "Why didn't you tell me you weren't RXXX" I first said, "Because you had your tongue in my mouth." After we both laughed, I told her that my name WAS RXXX. Wish I could say I still got lucky, but it was not my day. She stayed a few minutes then said she had to change and go home. I was then ignored by most of the other dancers until I left.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    WWII slang hooker pickup line to soldiers was "Hey Joe, want to give it a go?"
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    "Hey, Joe" by Jimi Hendrix.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    OK, Clubber!!! I'm not that dark!!! LMAO. I lost a lot of the tan when I went up North to Michigan and enjoyed the 2 days of snow we got. I love snow!!!! You southern guys need to come up and enjoy!!! LOL. I had a great time at the clubs and now I am back in Florida!!! Bring on "C" and "G". If they want to call me Obama, that's fine with me.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    vm, I've not seen "G" since I thought I saw her in the bank. Makes me wonder somewhat.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    How the fuck are you Joe?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion