tuscl

Dancer: "I took a 9 month break from dancing"

Monday, April 4, 2011 4:15 PM
Tipping a dancer on stage, I noted I hadn't seen her around for awhile. She said she'd taken a long break from dancing. Later she came by to chat and mentioned that she'd taken 9 months off. Well, I had to ask if there was some significance to that, but she just laughed and said there wasn't. So, anyone else know dancers who've taken a long break from dancing?

18 comments

• jackoff
    13 years ago
    Some girls get government paid vacations! Yes it happens all the time. Just a few reasons: husband, B/f- s/o, drug rehab, try life in the real world again, and of course maternity leave (it wasn't mine - FIXED).
  • nengneng
    13 years ago
    9 months? Sounds more likely just gave birth to her baby.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I know some stupid strippers who work for the first few months while pregnant.
  • DougS
    13 years ago
    Yeah.. I have seen quite a few dancers take a break. They think they've "had it" with the dancing scene and are no longer wanting to "stoop" to that lifestyle. In nearly every case, after several months, they realize that there is no other place they can work and make even a fraction of the money they are used to and quickly lace up the stillettos. I've received probably a half-dozen "I'mmm baaaaccck!" text messages.
  • rl27
    13 years ago
    First few months, Samsung, try first 7 months. I have seen many dancers go clear up to a month before giving birth, and a lot go up to their 6th or 7th month. Steve, dancers leave for a lot of reasons. One of my past favorites had to quit for about a year due to a DUI conviction and losing her license. She was back for another two years before she got kicked out of the club for too many extras. Two of my previous favorites quit once they graduated college, then came back for a year or two until they got a good job. Some may try to start her own business, and then came back for another two years to make some money until her business gets going. A few also leave the local club to to see how well they will do in other cities. Popular places are Dallas, Las Vegas and Tampa.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    Yeah, same here. I'll all of a sudden see a dancer whom I realize had been gone for a while. In nearly every case, they're back because they can't touch the bucks they make as dancers with anything else. The only exceptions would be some of the smarter college girls who really are dancing just to get through school. Once they get in their new "profession," they can make the break. But others who leave to try other non-professional endeavors, or to try to start a business, often find their way back - lucky us.
  • bodaniels26
    13 years ago
    As dancer I have taken long breaks before but not that long usually if I signed up for a tough semester in school ill take it off
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    Interesting topic - my current ATF says she is leaving the club in about two months, as she's picked up a modelling contract (at a large agency) and can't do both. (she truly is stunning enough to be a model) Too bad in a way that she won't be in the club, but this is why I am trying to take things OTC.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    At my favorite club a few years ago, I had a favorite I always enjoyed seeing. One night, I drove down there, but I needed to use the rest room first, so I stopped at the Casey's in town first. The girl who was behind the counter was my favorite. (That particular night was the weirdest in my experience at my favorite club, because that particular night I met my current favorite there, and it was the one I banged the way-too-old-to-dance dancer there, which is beside the point.) This favorite came back several weeks later, only to leave forever after getting pregnant and "finding God", as one of the other dancers said.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    @DandyDan - Sounds like an interesting night! What's a Casey's BTW?
  • rl27
    13 years ago
    Thanks to the Arnold Classic, at Columbus you have the benefit of some hot fitness models and fitness competitors occasionally dancing at clubs so they can afford all the expenses. For one three year period several years ago, there were over ten fitness models and competitors who danced mostly at Kahoots and Columbus, including four who competed at the Arnold. I wonder if New York has the same thing with fashion models, and Los Angeles with minor actresses.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    steve229- Casey's is the local convenience store chain many small towns in the Midwest have. I'm not sure what you can compare it to.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I remember one dancer told me she was pregnant early on. She stopped dancing in the club she had been dancing in and started working as a waitress in the same club. However whenever I visited she wanted me to get dances from her like nothing changed. She wasn't showing for a good while so I didn't mind during that time. Then she stopped taking me to the regular lap dance room and started dancing for me on a chair she put behind a door. If they aren't showing, it won't bother me, but it starts getting disturbing if they want to do lap dances with a bulging stomach. I also prefer not to get lap dances with any lactating dancers. I don't want milk all over me or play dodge-ball with another dancer who wants to squirt milk at me from her tits. I'm sure she thought it was funny but milk was flying everywhere and if I hadn't held my hands up, I would have had milk in my face.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    If a dancer can't help but leak milk all over if her breast is leaning up against you, it may be too early to return to the strip club. In that case the pressure on her breast must have caused her to leak a lot of milk. That milk stayed under her clothes.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I think there may be a few guys into seeing all the milk but it doesn't do anything for me.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    rl27 wrote: "First few months, Samsung, try first 7 months. I have seen many dancers go clear up to a month before giving birth, and a lot go up to their 6th or 7th month." Shit. One girl last year worked until the *day* before she had a C-section!
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    One thing you'll very seldom hear any stripper say: "I haven't really ever stopped dancing, ever since I started. I view it as a longer-term career and I don't do it to support any other job, and I have no other hopes or aspirations." There are a FEW but not many, and even those few might not admit it to you initially, not until they get to know you better. So, when a dancer said she "took a break," what you should understand is not, "I took a break unlike most other girls," but rather, "I'm totally typical."
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    If you want milk buy a gallon
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion