tuscl

Credit cards in clubs

Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:02 PM
Do strip clubs in Rhode Island area take credit cards? How does it work? Do they check your ID against the credit card? It's a work credit card...nothing shady. How would it show up on my bill? Thx. Any help would be appreciated.

13 comments

• Realist123
    13 years ago
    You know what I've also noticed that I take the ATM charge fee at the moment but later on I also always receive another $2-3 dollar charge to my card for the ATM later on.. so it's always atleast $10 or more. I would advise not to use a credit card somewhere where they try and gouge you with charges left and right, common sense tells us that this is a bad idea though some still do it. Also most places or ATM's will add the address on your statement so anyone with half a brain could see you were at a strip club.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    I've seen many newspaper stories and online reports of lawsuits by customers against clubs and credit card companies for running up cards. Just don't do it, especially with a work card. The risk is too great.
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    I use my debit card almost everytime I make a purchase. I very rarely have cash on me. However, anytime I visit a strip club, I always stop by the ATM beforehand because I've always assumed strip clubs are one of the very few places nowadays that don't take credit cards. But I guess I was wrong. I could see someone paying for their drinks/food with a credit card, but a lap dance? You mean people actually do that?
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    Only if the place sells their own type of currency, I think I've heard of this, It's not like you tell your stripper you want a dance so you go up and they swipe your card for $20 or so.. lol
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Cowel45, you must make amends for such a terrible idea: get $100 in $1s from the bank and sit in the front row next visit, tipping out $1 per song per dancer (ie no more big spending next visit.) If that doesn't cure you, get out the scissors and cut up the cards.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    The cheapest credit card fees I know of are in Living Room dayton. $5 for every $100. What do you want to use your credit card for in RI? a bar/food tab? or to pay for lap dances? Best idea is to pay cash for LDs as strippers appreciate the cash because they get it right then and there. If you pay with credit card there is going to be small doubt that maybe they will never see the money because they are going to forget, get fired, or you will end up trying a charge back.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    Most clubs take credit cards now. However, there are a dozen good reasons not to use one. If you can't afford to go in with cash, then in my opinion you should just not go. Scams at clubs involving overcharging cards are common. Additionally, you usually have to buy funny money in order to tip a dancer, which usually comes at a big premium. Also, it is easy to get just plain stupid with a credit card. And a work card is a double no-no. What happens if you get stupid and have trouble paying off the charges? Most work cards are American Express, which must be paid off in full each month. I actually worked with a guy once who had that exact problem and he lost his job over it. Dude, his should be treated as a cash and carry activity. If you cannot pay the freight with cash on hand then you might want to find something else to do.
  • Slothrop
    13 years ago
    You are violating Rule #1 of strip club attendance: DO NOT take your credit cards into a strip club. Period. Figure out how much you want to spend and take that amount of cash into the club.
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    Using a credit card in a SC is stupid. Using a debit card is insane. You have almost no protection or legal rights on a debit card. If your number and PIN fall into the wrong hands, your account can be hoovered without much recourse. Use cash and only take what you can afford to spend. When it's gone, leave.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Dont leave home without leaving them at home
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I used my credit card last night at Christies Cabaret in cleveland. It required three signatures and a fingerprint. It was a pain in the ass. No extra charge for buying drink/food but a 15% charge if buying funny money and the funny money had to be used in the same night (unlike some clubs where the funny money has 1 week expiration or some that never expire)
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    Do not EVER use corporate cards in SCs. If ever one of my employees had tried to slide this past me I would have fired his ass in a nanosecond. Call me a hypocrite, a SC hound stating that fact, but that is EXACTLY what I would have done.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Used a credit card in a club once, when I'd been drinking. Woke up the next morning, realized what I'd done, and immediately called the credit card company and reported the card lost. I didn't dispute the charges at the club, but it's a good thing I did report it, because I was informed not too long after that the day *after* I reported it, someone tried to use the number on a phone sex line. Never again. Never. They stay in the car or at home. art: Not hypocritical at all. You wouldn't have fired him for going to the strip club, you would have fired him for using company resources and potentially making the company liable for the expenses he incurred there. Completely different things.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion