tuscl

Cigars and Strip Clubs

scatterbrain
Minnesota
Saturday, March 5, 2011 10:55 PM
In the current era of no-smoking clubs, I'm wondering how much business the clubs are losing, particularly from those of us that like an occasional cigar. I realize that most of the clubs abide by the local ordinances, but I'll seek out the ones that still allow smokers (or a smoking lounge) if I have a choice. I know that many of us on here are happy that we don't leave the club smelling like an ashtray. But i have to admit, that I love a good cigar after the dances and it's certainly sexy if the lady will smoke one along with me. Just wondering how many of us on here are disappointed that many of the clubs have gone non-smoking. And even some of the ones that allow smoking still frown on cigars.

21 comments

• georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    It irritates me from the standpoint of overbearing government, but on a personal level, I prefer a non smoking club.
  • bumrubber
    13 years ago
    If you're in SoCal, the Venetian in Anaheim makes a big deal about their cigar room.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Cigars smell even more disgusting than cigarettes. If you want to stink up a place, stay home.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    Bill Clinton had the right idea with what to do with cigars.
  • potheadpl
    13 years ago
    I've not been to a place that allows cigarettes but bans cigars. Most smoking clubs here even sell them. They do stink, though. They're fun to smoke but man do they smell raunchy.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Columbia Platinum Plus has a sign out front "no smoking in any public place" yet they advertise themselves as a cigar club and sell cigars. Even have special ash trays for them. Clubs philosophy is "fuck it. we will pay the fine".I am a cigarette smoker but can't stand the smell of a cigar but I put up with them for magicrat's sake. LOL...
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    You can enjoy a nice cigar at platnum Plus in Greenvile & Columbia, SC
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    I'm a non smoker. But i respect people's rite to smoke & have no problum with people smokeing. You can get & smoke a good cigar at Platnum Plus in Greenville,SC Columbia,SC Heart Breakers in Columbia,SC & Platnum plus in Lexington, KY. DISSREGUARD MY LAST POSTING.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    For the most part. I agree with GMD, but this issue really is about protecting people who don't smoke from the second-hand smoke of those who do. That being said, I have always felt that establishments could put a big sign on the door that says "we is smokin' in here, if you don't like it don't come in", or something like that. But the people who make the laws felt that since some employee who had to have THAT job in THAT place had the right to work without second-hand smoke. And in jurisdictions that allowed a popular vote on this issue the voters didn't want to be subjected to 2nd-hand smoke either in a vast majority of the elections. So, It is what it is. Did I see where CA passed a state-wide smoking ban in any public place including sidewalks and streets??
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    13 years ago
    "Haven't we had enough of this cigar-smoking shit in this country? When are these fat, arrogant, overpaid, overfed, overpampered, overpriviledged, overindulged business criminal asshole cocksuckers going to put out their cigars and move along to their next abomination? White, pussy businessmen sucking on a big, brown dick. That's all it is. That's all it ever was. A big, brown dick. Freud said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Oh, yeah? Well sometimes it's a big, brown dick with a white collar business criminal asshole sucking on the wet end of it. But the news isn't all bad for me, you know the good part? Cancer of the mouth. Good, fuck 'em. It's an attractive disease, it goes good with a cell phone. So light up, suspender man, and suck that smoke deep down into your empty suit and blow it out your asshole, you fucking cocksucker! " --George Carlin from his HBO Special "You Are All Diseased"
  • joeblow44
    13 years ago
    The clubs I go to in the Detroit area allow smoking even though it is suppose to be banned. Some of the high end clubs have cigar areas for those who enjoy that sort of thing from time to time.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I like the Flight Club and Penthouse have the upstairs for smoking. It never felt smoky when I was there even upstairs. You get the best view of the stage and can avoid the pesky waitresses up there.
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    When somking restrictions finally went into effect where I live, I started going twice as often, started staying twice as long, and started spending twice as much! Smoke free is also great when I travel on business. I can hit a club between appointments and not smell like shit at the next meeting. Clubs which have a seperate smoking lounge are the best setup. Smokers have an area to lite up, while nonsmokers and the dancers don't have to deal with it for hours.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    armerart 03/06/11 1:21 AM Bill Clinton had the right idea with what to do with cigars ^^^^^^^^ i was going to say that's the only right idea he had, but that's probably all he could manage since hillary casterated his ass ;) actually i'm a smoker but not a cigar guy but i say if a guy wants to smoke a cigar, no problem although the state has a different outlook on that.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Bill could always tell when Monica was pissed at him. His cigars tasted like shit.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I'm with gmd on this one.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Carlin was very funny when he was younger, then he turned into the same sort of self righteous, pompous ass he used to mock. There were glimmers of his earlier stuff, but as he aged, they became the exception rather than the rule.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    Smoke free clubs are the best. Clubs I visit that have gone smoke free have not had a decline in business as a result.
  • scatterbrain
    13 years ago
    Interestingly I had a dancer in a Tampa strip club do the Monica Lewinsky trick for me without even asking. She reached over to my unlit cigar and placed the tip between her legs (go ahead, bring on the "tip between her legs jokes"). But I didn't partake, she wasn't my style and frankly that's a little disgusting. Way to ruin a good cigar, I say.
  • magicrat
    13 years ago
    Scatter, I like my cigars as well and fortunately, most of the clubs I go to still allow one to smoke them. Some dancers will help you out, or at least try taking a puff or two. I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, and much prefer to smell cigars over cigarettes. Oh and most of the time I will refrain if Shadowcat's around, but every now and again, I just gotta light up, usually in direct proportion to the amount of alcohol consumed. I live in North Carolina and smoking in bars was banned January, 2010. I've only been to a few N.C. clubs since then and it's not a deal breaker to me at all.
  • jester214
    13 years ago
    I don't see how anyone can hate the smell of a good cigar, especially compared to cigarettes. Some of my high end stuff, people smell it and want to try it, then hate the taste. As to the smell? I mean, if you don't smell like smoke after a trip to the club then you're gonna smell like other things? Sometimes I'd rather smell like smoke than pussy and cheap perfume. Sadly they are gonna make it to the point where I can't smoke my cigars anywhere... Then they'll have to tax the hell out of something else, maybe it'll be something you love. Fortunately the beauty of cigars is I don't need one every 90 minutes, so it really doesn't affect my visiting anywhere.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion