tuscl

Winter Blues

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:57 PM
Not sure what to make of this, but I was in Detroit last week and I failed to go to any of the strip clubs during my visit. I mean I saw a movie True Grit, had a coney from the Senate, but no visits to the local establishments. I mean do you think there is something wrong with me? Should I see a doctor, take some vitamins, is it the February blahs? Anyone else go through this phase and is it only temporary? Hoping for a response from the honored wise men of TUSCL.

18 comments

• newmark
    13 years ago
    I have been trying to get a business trip to Detroit for a good while now. No way I would skip the clubs if I were there.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    You must be turning gay. There's no hope for you. Forget about strip clubs and spend your time attending Broadway musicals and Cher concerts.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    i went and saw true grit with a buddy last night, good movie. after i dropped him off i thought about hitting one of the closer clubs but drove home instead.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    John Wayne is turning over in his grave.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Even us Detroiters and regular clubbers go "limp" when it's bitter cold and we have heavy snow. Such was the case last week, although the forecast blizzard was not as heavy as advertised. Do not despair. Winter will leave and the Tigers opening day will fill the clubs with hot new dancers. So come back.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Well, if you have turned "gay" as jackslash posted, come on down to Miami Beach, and join the "boys" on South Beach as they slather sun tan lotion on their lithe bodies, and hug and kiss each other on the beach. YECHHHHHHHHHH!!! Damn, when I do my daily stroll along the beach here, looking for fine topless women, whenever I walk through the gay section I try very, very hard not to watch the "boys" doing their thing. YIKES!!
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    Hey Vince - Where are you most likely to spot the topless babes on the beach? I'm assuming you mean South Beach, but are there certain blocks where they are more likely to congregate. I strolled the other day but didn't see a single one.
  • Drippy
    13 years ago
    Same as OP. I am in Detroit this week and didn't feel like going to a club. But I went anyway and I felt kinda bored there for about an hour just watching stage dances and watching the SC drama around me. I usually enjoy the anticipation of going to a club when I'm in town, but not this time. Anyway after about an hour the horny bastard in me woke up and I began surveying the landscape for some hot vip action. Ended up having a great time. HeShoots, it will pass.
  • BaddJack
    13 years ago
    shadowcat: most of the time, though you are a bit of a curmudgeon, I agree with your takes. This time, however, I must respectfully disagree. While the Bridges portrayal of Cogburn will not be the iconic role that Wayne made, it was honest, faithful to the book, and interesting. I liked this new adaptation very much, and all-in-all I think it was a much better movie (I mean, really, Glen Campbell as a Texas Ranger??) Watching this classic re-telling of a timeless western story is NOT a sign of the blahs. But skipping the strip club afterward might be. Hang in there, heshootsandscores (which has always curiously reminded me of a Native American appellation), winter will be done with us soon.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Jack: I like Jeff Bridges but they have not named an airport after him yet. Maybe I will take gridget to see the remake. It sounds good. Oh and btw fuck Jane Fonda.
  • BaddJack
    13 years ago
    shadowcat: YOU fucked Jane Fonda??? How was it?
  • troop
    13 years ago
    she loved him long time
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    'cat, I wouldn't fuck Jane Fonda with *your* dick. Now, hand me a pungee stick, and we'll talk. >:)
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Hey, Not even with Ted Turner's dick.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    nam vets are not fonda jane
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Even some of us who weren't directly impacted would still rather she suffered a prolonged, painful death.
  • gk
    13 years ago
    Troop, saw a bumper sticker about Jane Fonda, paraphrasing because I don't recall the exact wording, but it was something like: 'Real Americans will never forgive Jane Fonda."
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    OH NO!!!! vm looking at gay guys. Forget about Stir, vm! :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion