tuscl

Strip club CPR 'hard' attacks

At Midtown jiggle joint Rick's Cabaret, they're now trained to give a heart-on to customers who go into cardiac arrest.
Strip-club managers are now being certified in CPR and the use of defibrillators after a customer's recent death at the club got them worried about lap dances with unhappy endings, club managers told The Post.
"We are doing so as part of our concern for our customers and employees," company spokesman Allan Priaulx said.
The need for first-aid training became apparent last month when a 32-year-old attorney died of an aneurysm just before he could sign for his tab, employees said.
"The staff took it hard," a manager said. "The girls were sad. It was pretty tough."
Priaulx recalled that "EMS was called, and by the time EMS got there, his breathing had slowed down. They used the defibrillator and they started working on him. On the way out, they kept working on him."
"He didn't make it," the manager said. "Turns out to be he had an aneurysm. A brain hemorrhage."
Following that tragic incident, the club decided to step up its training.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manha…

7 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    An AED is of little help with an aneurism. With that said, I'm glad that clubs are being responsible with CPR classes and having an AED on premises.
  • Cheo_D
    14 years ago
    Yes, I agree, even if the AED would have been little use in this particular case (blown aneurysm at 32... damn) it is a wise measure of the management -- plenty of us older dudes with potentially stressed tickers in the audience.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Note the actual point of concern, though, "just before he could sign for his tab."
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Safety first
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I bring my own paramedic. gridget. She only works at the club when I am in town and only dances for me when she does. She put her skills to work last Friday at the club. A dancer was having a severe asthma attack and had left her inhaler in her car. griget had asthma medication with her and administered it to the dancer. This is the second time I have seen her go into action in the club. On another occasion she and an EMT took care of a customer until the ambulance arrived. If she ever gives me a heart attack, I came be assured that I will be in good hands.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    Mouth to mouth is no longer part of the CPR protocol. I think mouth-to-dick should be part of the protocol. If the dick stays hard one knows automatically that the heart is still pumping blood to the extremities.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    LOL^^
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion