tuscl

And I thought Virginia was strict on strip clubs...

Here's a link to the "Rules and Regulations" Handbook from the Baltimore County Board of Liquor License Commissioners:

http://resources.baltimorecountymd.gov/D…

Applicable section is " RULE 2 - PROHIBITED PRACTICES." CliffsNotes version - basically all the fun stuff is prohibited.

Checking out the Liquor Board website, I saw that a couple of my usual haunts have been cited for violations of the aforementioned "Rule 2", and have had to appear before the Board or have a hearing coming up. (Which explains a lot about the mileage available there recently).

The fines the board can levy appear inconsequential ($500-$1000), but the real threat is the board could suspend or revoke the liquor license. That would be the kiss of death for these clubs, since they are really just neighborhood bars with strippers.

Of course, the BYOB clubs in the county are not bound by these rules, so they can be a lot looser.

6 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    Detroit has some sort of strict ordinance with regards to strip clubs/lap dances but no one seems to give a shit.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Hey, I'd be up for bringing my own bottled water (lol). Last time in to Bogart's (MI), the bartendress gave me $1 back out of my $10 for a bottled water it took all of 5 seconds at most to serve up.

McDougall's (in Baltimore) is BYOB and full nude, but the dances are done on stackable chairs opposite the pool tables. For $30 you get a naked honey on your lap you can't touch and the crew of guys playing pool get to watch free of charge.
  • jackslash
    14 years ago
    Detroit passed its strict regulations last year, but they don't seem to be enforcing them. If the crack down comes, customers will abandon the Detroit clubs for the suburban ones. That's what Detroit needs--more businesses closing.
  • dw.buck
    14 years ago
    who cares about rules let the girls do what they do to make money, if not they might be the ones robbing you at night
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    The Cbus handbook must be short...one page..."NO NOTHING IS ALLOWED...EVER!"
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    As a former Virginian in the restaurant/bar bidness I can vouch for their strict liquor laws, and lax/incompetent enforcement. Bars get away with murder, mainly 'cuz the ABC guys ain't too bright.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion