tuscl

What is the Lowest Rated Club?

goldmongerATL
The Square Above Charlie Weaver
Excluding clubs with only a couple of reviews, is any club rated lower than the infamous Clermont Lounge in Atlanta? Right now it is rated at 1.49!

This is a place that really could scare someone looking for a normal strip club. It is in the basement of a closed down flophouse hotel. You go around back into a sort of loading dock area.

A recent review mentioned "Blondie" and her beer can crushing ability. I saw her dance there over 30 years ago and she was over the hill then.

12 comments

• goldmongerATL
    14 years ago
    Link to the club's reviews:

http://www.tuscl.net/d.php?DID=2453
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Member Rating: 1.01 / 10

Misty's Columbus Show Bar
  • goldmongerATL
    14 years ago
    Now I wonder how the formula works. The club samsung1 points out has 3 reviews in its lifetime, all from 2010. The ratings were 1.00, 2.00, 3.00. The posted member rating is 1.01/10.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    i honestly don't put alot of stock in some of the ratings here.
    fact is the worst club in the universe is touch of gold in brookpark/cleveland ohio and somehow it has the lofty rating of 2.17, that's easily at least 2.18 points higher than it should be!
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    We went through a similar analysis a couple of months ago - sam should remember it. It was obvious from that example that the formula for the club rating number takes into account several variables...it's not just the average of the individual review scores. Seams like the number of reviews and age of reviews would be relevant in a more complicated formula.

Even if he didn't want to reveal the exact formula, I'll bet Founder could shed additional light on how that score is derived.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I understand the basic formula for computing the ratings but Founder TWEAKS them with his secret ingredients.

TUSCL used to publish a bottom 40 clubs. I guess it did not get a lot of use.
  • goldmongerATL
    14 years ago
    Well, however he does the formula it seems to give good relative ratings. I'm sure there are exceptions.

From reading the reviews, I would rather go to the Clermont Lounge than Misty's, so the ratings work in that case :-)
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    LOL, troop's statement

"somehow it has the lofty rating of 2.17, that's easily at least 2.18 points higher than it should be"
  • dw.buck
    14 years ago
    forget the ratings they dont paint the real picture i read the text to see what the club is all about. one person who goes to an average SC thinking it is a high end gentlemans clubs is going to rate it low due to his expectations. another who goes to a high end gentlemans club expecting extras will rate that club ow since his expectations were not met. read the text to see what the rater was looking for and didnt get and that normally tells the story. also look at what you want out of the club you might find it from a lowly rated club
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Seams like the number of reviews and age of reviews would be relevant in a more complicated formula"

...and that's the way the overall TUSCL rating system basically works. Reviews for a particular strip club that are older than a certain number (2-3?) of years are not used in a strip club's overall rating. Reviews from TUSCL members that have been members of this site for a longer period of time and/or from TUSCL members that have published more all-time reviews are weighted higher than reviews from newbies. As it relates to a strip club's overall numerical rating, an individual TUSCL reviewer also can only have their numerical reviews for one particular strip club averaged together over time.

There's more to the TUSCL rating system than that, and only founder knows all the ins & outs of it, which is the way that it should be IMHO.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    Another thing to consider is the overal rating of an area. We in central Ohio might rate our best club as 10 but it might only rate a 5 in another area with much better clubs. I think this holds true for the worst clubs.

While the numbers are a nice guidline, you really don't know until you visit the place.
  • BaddJack
    14 years ago
    I don't care about Ratings. The WORST club ever is the Lucky Lady Cabaret in Sweet Springs, Missouri. See my review.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion