tuscl

Does Semen Cure The Blues In Women?

Friday, December 3, 2010 7:40 PM
Just came home from the local wine bar where a truly fascinating conversation took place (in four languages so I didn't get it all). And, there is no evidence for anything that follows; just hearsay is what I am reporting. Here it is: One guy asserted that women who regularly engaged in unprotected sex are much LESS likely to be depressed than women who are celibate or require condom use all the time. He said that Gallup US polled this topic and found this amazing result. Follow up research suggests that the prostaglandins in semen are the culprit for this happy outcome for women. No SCs in Saint Raphael but this wine bar that I visit is really quite a place for interesting, bizarre, goofy conversation. Now, I am very sceptical about this. What say you other guys? And, particularly you ladies who post on tuscl?

8 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    art, i've said it before and i'll say it again.. polls or studies can be slanted so that the results will agree with whatever agenda the pollers or studiers want to portray. in other words.. what if i published a study that said everyone with "farmer" in their nickname would be a dirty ignorant penniless rube? now some people would believe that but we know better, right?!
  • ztrzi2000
    14 years ago
    I have heard this same assertion, farmerart. While I do not remember where I heard it, it was from some source that I remember trusting. I believe that there is a chemical in semen that makes women happier when they take it in through the vagina. However, I have not looked for any specific study to cite to add evidence to this claim. I also remember hearing about a study that found that women who were given a few drops of male sweat on their upper lip were happier for the rest of the day on average than those who were given a placebo. I believe that there are pheromones and other such things that subconsciously encourage us to have sex. Of course, if conception were a voluntary action per se, and if there were no such thing as a communicable disease, then this would be a very relevant reason to avoid contraception. Unfortunately, we do not live in that wonderful hypothetical world, so I still encourage people everywhere to ALWAYS use a condom and to always use it properly, unless they are trying to cause a pregnancy with someone they completely trust to be clean.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I've heard that too, art. It was a poll though, not a formal study, so I'm skeptical as well, for reasons similar to troop's.
  • Alucard
    14 years ago
    I have not seen any semen swallowers who looked DEPRESSED to me. Just my opinion! LOL
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    to add to what ztrzi2000 said:There is an enzyme in semen that gives women a "temporary high". It comes about because, when women are sexually aroused, in the missionary position, the top half of the vagina "spoons out" to catch and hold semen. If the woman remains, laying on her back, the semen has a chance to work it's magic-twofold (happiness + impregnation).
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I thought I read about a study indicating health benefits for women who swallowed during BJ's. However she would want to make sure the guy was disease free to start with. I believe I read there are a number of nutrients in semen. I once even turned on Qvc ,tv shopping channel, while I watched the model for a minute they took a live phone call. They were talking about some kind of facial cream. I wasn't really paying attention. Then the caller said she likes to have her two boys ejaculate on her face and she rubs it around and that makes a great facial for her. Anyway they cut that live call off the air. The hostess said she didn't know what that caller had been drinking. I thought that was very funny.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I've even heard reports that may be true that one in eight women actually require certain nutrients found in semen or they'll end up dead or suffering from some disease making them tired and fatigued all the time if they don't die from the condition. I've heard this story multiple times and wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to it. There are a number of trace nutrients found in semen.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I believe many women would not believe any such report even if it were true. I figure they already formed their opinion that it's just a bunch of guys encouraging swallowing and won't ever believe it unless some major medical studies are done to attempt to prove it. I can just imagine someone trying to get funding for such a study. That funding would be killed in this puritanical society.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion