tuscl

A Common Tale of Stripper Shit and Objectification with Some Advice for Dancers

Monday, November 29, 2010 5:33 AM
First of all, I know that my title might seem a little pretentious, considering that I am a young man who has only been in the hobby for a couple of years, so I want to make it clear that I have no illusions of being an expert on anything myself, but it seems like a few things have come to my attention that seem to be worth mentioning, if for no other reason than to get a good impression of any general consensus from more experienced members of the community. By the way, I tried posting this as an article, at first, but it did not seem to work, and on second thought, I guess it was more of a discussion board type issue, anyway. The following is an excerpt from a recent review I made. "I eventually got the attention of a very attractive blonde [....] We got several good dances back in one of the lap dance booths, and then we chatted about going up to the VIP area. She indicated that certain things that she could only guess went on there would not be happening with her that night, but she very politely offered to find me someone else who was my type who would be happy to accompany me up there. She made for a truly great conversationalist for a while, though, so I paid her for another couple of dances, and then met with her brunette friend. I would certainly go back to this blonde some other time. The brunette and I negotiated a dance in the VIP room for $220, $20 of which was to pay the blonde for the referral, and I was fine with that. I had a few little problems with the brunette, however. She was nice, and she did a good job, but I became aware that I was much more safety-conscious than she was, and that made me a little uneasy, though I said nothing to her about it. For example, open mouthed kissing can spread oral herpes, even when there are no visible sores, so while I was not really firm in refusing her kisses, I wished she were not so keen on them. Besides, her kissing style was not really my type, anyway. I prefer less licking and swapping of saliva. She also told me her real name. I suppose it is a quirk of mine that I do not want to hear any dancer's real name. I prefer to only know their stage names. Learning their real names seems like it is crossing a sort of professional boundary, and that was also not the only way in which she was less concerned with safety than I was.[....] The brunette did a good job earning her $200, so I offered to throw in an extra $20. However, after that, she asked for ANOTHER $20 to tip the manager, and I reluctantly paid that, too. Then, she asked me how much money I had left. Somewhat shocked, I refused to tell her, but she continued by asking what she could do to earn another $100 - $200. I was satisfied with my visit to the club already, so I told her that there was nothing else that I wanted that she could do to earn any more from me, that the $240 I had already paid would be it. Then, when we left the VIP area, she introduced me to her friend, another dancer, and told me privately that her friend was in desperate need of money, that her car broke down, she needed rent, she was a single mother, or some other stuff like that. She kept pressuring me, finally saying that if I could just pay for one or two dances, that would be of great help. I did not really want anything from them, except for some appreciation and respect, to not be thought of as cheap, and I was not interested in spending any more money, but I decided that just one dance for only $20 would be okay if it would keep them reasonably happy, so I agreed to ONE DANCE. The friend asked me how much fun I wanted to have, and I said I only wanted ONE DANCE. Then, the friend said something to the brunette. It sounded like the friend was saying that I only wanted one dance, and then I overheard the brunette reply, sounding like she said that I was going to shell out more than that, she promised. The friend then turned back to me, telling me that she was just checking in on her friend. Then, we got back to the lap dance booth, and I paid close attention to the change of the song, letting her know I wanted to stop after only one dance, and she was noticeably disappointed. She apologized for doing anything that disappointed me, and I assured her that, no, she had not done anything wrong, that I was just interested in the one dance, as I said. She then thanked me for the $20, because it would help her kids, as she was a single mother. After that, I left.[...] As with most clubs, my conclusion is that, now that I know more about the specific dancers, I would probably go back, but it takes some time and money to find out who is worthwhile." If any dancers read this, please know that for me, and, I imagine, for many other patrons, adding so much pressure to squeeze all the money you can out of us right away is a turnoff. For people who are concerned with the dancers thinking well of them, it might get you an extra $20 - $40, but it is probably not good for your prospects of getting that patron again. To managers who might read this, I suggest you try to discourage such behavior with your dancers, as it not only reduces their chances of getting repeat customers, but also reduces your whole club's chances of getting that patron back. I will gladly be generous with any dancer who is not only attractive and skilled, but also professional, leaving personal sob stories out of the conversation, and not asking for anything more than what was negotiated. We all have personal problems and money troubles from time to time, but we do not come to work and plead with whomever signs our checks to give us extra pay out of pity or charity, we just go out there and earn it. Even if we lose a job, we do not try to get our next job by pleading and telling sob stories, even if they are true. Instead, we try to impress new potential employers that we are worth their investment. I may not have gotten all I wanted from the blonde, but I was very pleased with her attitude and with her apparent respect for me. Even if it was fake, it certainly felt genuine, and that is what counts at a club. I will certainly look for her the next time I am there. I know that many dancers and patrons objectify each other to an extreme degree. The way the patrons objectify the dancers is obvious, but it can be made subtle. The dancers may know what patrons want when they come into the club, but if patrons greet them politely with a handshake, engage them in conversation and conduct themselves as gentlemen without pushing limits or applying pressure, I think it goes a long way to making the dancers feel better. On the other side, many dancers see patrons as ATMs. I recognize this when I enter the club, but it is a huge turnoff when a dancer makes it so obvious that I am nothing but a wad of cash to them. It is my opinion that a successful dancer is one who makes a patron WANT to give her more money, who makes a patron APPRECIATE her, not one who PRESSURES patrons into letting more money go. So, I guess that is about all that I have to say about that. I would love to read from anyone interested in sharing their own personal perspective or experiences with this. So, what? Am I just stating the obvious as it has been said a thousand times already? Am I missing something entirely? Did I do something wrong, myself? I do recognize my "newbie-hood" when it comes to this hobby, so if it seems that I have come to any mistaken conclusions or need to be set straight, I appreciate any polite feedback.

14 comments

• jackslash
    14 years ago
    You were being hustled, but you don't seem to have spent way more than you planned. I've found that a dancer who is new to me will often try to get additional dollars out of me. She probably figures she won't see me again and so she might as well get as much as she can. My regulars never hustle me and will even sometimes tell me I'm tipping too much. But a girl who doesn't know me usually just wants the cash. Last month in my favorite club I took a dancer I didn't know to VIP. She had nice big boobs and I wanted to play with them and nothing else. But she told me how she would love to give me a blow job and wouldn't take no for an answer. She unzipped me and put it in her mouth. Then I couldn't say no any longer. I had to use the ATM to get out an extra $200, which I did not like to do since my policy is spend only the cash in my wallet.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Just say no and leave. If they don't like it, tough rocks. There are plenty of dancers who know better than to put TOO MUCH hustle on you.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    You got hustled. Hell, it sounds like they passed you around like their bitch. From the story it sounds like they sensed weakness and/or uncertainty in you. You need to learn to be firm and not worry about what they think of you. Take what you want and refuse what you don't. The only thing that a stripper "APPRECIATES" is your money, so the best you can hope for is feigned respect. Proper control of your wallet involves a power struggle between you and the stripper. Her weapons are potentially everything from sexiness to the ability to sense weakness or loneliness. Your weapon is the money in your pocket and her need for it. Stay calm, keep control and NEVER forget that you are in the jungle when you are clubbing.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    As one FAR from being a newbie, I believe your story is similar to many of us. Remember this, dancers are NOT all the same. There are the ROB types everywhere, and likely the most prevalent, but there are also some gems out there. Find one of those and do your best to keep her. Those are the ones that become an ATF. Like others imply, it is YOUR money and only you should decide where and how to spend it.
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    Agree with what's been written here. Your were team played, which happens sometimes and has been covered in a separate thread. But all things considered, you came out okay, not having spent a whole lot more than intended. I've found in these situations (and indeed, in any pressured sales pitch), a pleasant but persistent "No," said with a smile, will do the trick. No salesperson wants to waste time on a mark who won't come across. And as Clubber says above, you'll also discover a few gems who, while not wanting to spend their time on you for nothing (who would?), but are happy to sit in your lap, engage in genuine conversation, and exchange a few pleasantries, all for the price of a couple dances. Nothing wrong with that...
  • rockie
    14 years ago
    ztrzi: All things considered, you came out of your experience better than many. Just be less willing to spread your money out to those that have hustled, or attempt to hustle you. Also be less obvious about your money situation. If the blond treats you well (treat her well), but don't pay another dancer's referral tip - that's her expense!
  • dw.buck
    14 years ago
    this sounds like the classic tag team done by strippers sometimes. like others have said atleast you came out even - not hitting the ATM or spending more than you wanted. A tip - for a great time i wait to the last hour before closing time when the desperate strippers realize how much they made, or the lack thereof, how much tipout will be, and know that they need to increase the cash flow. most are willing to do whatever for less just to make something and avoid the penalties and fines imposed by management. that is your time to strike and have fun without getting hustled. watch the game player, rise above it and dont get gamed
  • SometimeVoyager
    14 years ago
    Don't beat yourself up about it, it's part of the strip club experience. It happens to all of us, even seasoned clubbers from time to time. The good news is that you got what you paid for, the bad news is that it was more than you bargained for.
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    It was a hustle and I experienced this kinda thing when I was a newbie. Its not unlike them to double team some guy like vultures picking a carcass clean. Now if I am hit with ss about how they need money I will simply make the gal an otc offer (FS) to make the money she needs assuming I am wanting to spend that on her. That I am going to give some stripper hundreds of dollars in dances bc of some overblown (or made up) drama they are blowing in the wind. Simply take their drama for its entertainment value (SS) and if its really the real deal use it to enjoy them 4 otc pussy (or itc if they will do in in the club). Your money is your power over them so use it to get what you want.
  • snowtime
    14 years ago
    I read your review earlier and thought at the time you were being hustled. I can only remember it happening to me once (as a tourist in San Francisco) and that was a long time ago. After that experience I realized that it was MY hard earned money and I was the only one who was going to decide how to spend it. Once you take this attitude it becomes very easy to say no. I have found that most clubs I go to have someone who will give me what I want (within club limits) for a price I want to pay. Learn to negotiate, and be able to say "no" in strip clubs, and you will almost never feel ripped off.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    You did fine. Got nicked a little bit, but that's part of the game sometimes. Usually those kind of circumstances lead to "double" dances which, of course, have a 2X burn rate and a .5X fun increase rate.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    ztrzi2000: This was a very inexpensive lesson and you recognized it for what it was. Like you, I am a rookie to this hobby (even less experienced than you). You at least have the perspective of youth going for you. I am a silly old bastard who is often easy prey for these sharks. My lessons tend to be obscenely expensive. Oh, well.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    Welcome to a great hobby. $260 is a little more than you needed to spend that night, but in perspective, you weren't out too muich for getting hustled and burned a little. We've all been newbies. We've all been weak at one time or another. We've all used poor judgment from time to time. But I think we're all smarter for it and with this community we can share what we've learned. Rick said it very succinctly: 'stay calm, stay in control and never forget you are in the jungle when you are clubbing.' Common mistakes: double dances, letting a dancer get you too emotional over her problems, getting sucked into tag team routines, not recognizing dancers in general will always try to finagle that last dollar or $20 bill from you. Dancers have antenae for weakness, vulnerability and lack of control. My advice in these newbie/hustled/been played threads is -- always stay in control. Have a budget, Use good judgment. Don't respond to stripper shit trying to be a good guy. Save the good guy stuff for when you can verify the story is for real and you will be rewarded for being good. REsearch "stripper shit" on here, iot's very enlightening.
  • runnoft
    14 years ago
    Whenever I start getting shit from a stripper, I immediately let her know that these kinds of sob stories is one of the biggest turn offs to customers there is. I have so much money to spend, and I expect a good dance for my money. The stripper's financial situation simply does not fit into the equation.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion