tuscl

City Of Hawthorne Officials Allegedly Impersonated Police At Inglewood Strip Clu

Friday, October 29, 2010 8:07 PM
​The city of Hawthorne's city manager and finance manager were regulars at an Inglewood strip club, the Wild Goose, where they allegedly made it known to staffers and patrons that they were Hawthorne cops, according to Fox 11 News. City manager Jag Pathirana was fired and finance manager Louis Escober was laid off -- and the chief of police, who was allegedly confronted with allegations that the pair impersonated cops, resigned. According to Fox 11's Chris Blatchford, Pathirana was such an alleged horn-dog that he pleaded no contest in 2003 to soliciting a prostitute not far from the club. In another incident, in the summer of 2009, he was at the Wild Goose with Escobar when the latter fought with a dancer over a tip. When sheriff's deputies arrived, Escobar allegedly identified himself as a Hawthorne officer. That alleged factoid got back to the Hawthorne police department, but nothing, apparently, was done about it. A watch commander informed superiors of what he had heard about the incident, but he soon retired. Earlier this year, Hawthorne police Chief Michael Heffner was asked by city leaders to explain what happened in the July incident. Twenty-four hours later he resigned. The night before Pathirana was told to hit the road, Escobar and an associate were reportedly seen taking boxes of items from Pathirana's office. [view link] Kind of strange how the strip club called the police over a customer arguing with a dancer over a tip. I hate it when ROBs tell me I owe them tips but usually try to settle with them giving them a partial amount rather than letting it escalate...

7 comments

• shadowcat
    14 years ago
    The Wild Goose used to be a good club. I used to eat their lunch buffet back in the 70's & 80's. I see lopaw reviewed it back in Apr and gave it a 3.67 and she has said that the club will close after the 1st of the year.
  • trojangreg
    14 years ago
    Like the cat many of us who worked in the LAX area frequented the goose. More of a neighborhood hang out with good food and beer plus strippers. Always busy at lunch but I guess it has fallen on hard times. Politicians will always screw up a good thing. Look at those idiots in Bell. Will be in LA for ten days in November but will be hitting the City of Industry clubs. By the reviews and my last visit that is the place to be. Cat come on out we can go to Hawaii Theatre for some good times.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    Another anecdote from my past life. My one visit to SoCal was in the early 90s. We were drilling a directional well from the parking lot of Hollywood Park race track to a target underneath the nearby City of Inglewood cemetery. Hit nothing but water! Did I go to SCs in my spare time? Not a chance; played the ponies a fair bit, though. Was Hawaii Theatre in business back then?
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    shadow- Looks like our beloved Goose will stay in business a bit longer. Rumor has it that the city of Inglewood & the mighty MTA can't cough up the cash in this lousy economy to buy out the Goose's owner. Ha!! I was just in the club tonight and it was hoppin! Hope it continues on forever!
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    Corruption and other misbehavior by city officials in SoCal is becoming comical. From Bell to Vernon to petty stuff like this in Hawthorne, it's like living in a Latin American banana republic. Oh, wait...
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    To answer FarmerArt's question about Hawaii Theater, I'm pretty sure it has been there over 20 years. Anybody have a closer estimate? Always have a good time at Hawaii.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    Hard to imagine NOT having a good time anywhere in the COI!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion