tuscl

Strip Club Therapy?

Friday, September 10, 2010 11:21 AM
Some recent comments got me thinking about strip clubs as therapy: “Strip clubs can be therapeutic sometimes.” – Samsung1 “It is cheaper than therapy and just as effective.” – nomadic1 Do you agree?

10 comments

• steve229
    14 years ago
    Topic came up recently at the club when a dancer said I looked a little down. Her: I think you need some therapy. Lucky for you I was a psych major. So what school do you prefer? Freud? Jung? Adler? Me: Maybe the Marvin Gaye school? Her: (laughing) “Sexual healing? Ok, come on,” (taking me by the hand) “let’s get you on the couch.” By the end of the night, I was feeling much better. In the end, I think I had a “breakthrough” of sorts. The total cost for the evening was probably half the going rate for an hour of therapy, so I think I agree on both counts.
  • judyjudy
    14 years ago
    Well I can tell you this.......it sure cure my aches!!!!!
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    The clubs, not so much. The proper dancer, without a doubt!
  • imnumnutz
    14 years ago
    clubber: amen, brother.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Bingo Clubber!
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    Hell yes to dancers with a kind ear and soft breasts to lay my tired head on.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    “Strip clubs can be therapeutic sometimes.” – Samsung1 Have to agree. Actually, it's like a shot of cortizone, it will get you through 7 to 10 days. “It is cheaper than therapy and just as effective.” – nomadic1 Have to disagree. Seven years of abuse at the hands of my mother's boyfriend + eleven years of military (most of it spec ops) + five years of gang task force = one really angry violent guy. Seven years of therapy and couseling (most of it church funded) made me able to talk to people without trying to goad them into something violent. I don't think a stripper would've listened to my reasons for being violent, finding the causes, and dealing with it. Like I said, a stripper is a quick fix, but eventually the dose wears off.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    if sex is therapy then yes massage places are too
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    It isn't therapy but SC hobby is taking the edge off the unrelenting boredom of my retirement.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Never mind the spa -- some stars prefer stripper therapy The best year to witness bad-boy behavior by visiting stars at the festival was probably 2002, when a pre-rehab Colin Farrell was in town promoting Phone Booth and a pre-comeback Mickey Rourke was sleazing about town while pushing Spun. Strip clubs in Hogtown, as Toronto is so sweetly nicknamed, never had it so good. But in recent years as money business has taken priority over funny business at the festival, publicists have dedicated themselves to making sure their client's film comes first in the headlines and any bawdy activity is kept discreetly hidden. Yet Toronto Life reports that many celebs continue to treat themselves to a lap dance or four while in town each September. According to the Adult Entertainment Association of Canada, such establishments see sales rises 20% when the Hollywood elite takes its annual trek up north. The magazine says stars spotted socializing at Four Your Eyes Only on King Street in the past include Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson and Queen Latifah. -- Susan Wloszczyna [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion