tuscl

Blinded by the light

Thursday, September 2, 2010 11:53 AM
Hit the club around 4pm, 100 degrees out, brutal sunshine. I'm blind as soon as I enter the club. Stumble to the bar, think I see my fav bartender, so I sit down and order a drink. A dancer joins me, but I can't quite tell who she is. Take one sip of the drink and almost spit it out. As my vision adjusts, I see my fav bartender is working another part of the bar. Then an involuntary shudder goes through me when I see who's rubbing my leg. I move down the bar, get a real drink, and so have a more congenial companion. But I'm thinking: "Man, I got to get some sunglasses."

18 comments

• gk
    14 years ago
    Blinded by the light... This gives it a whole new meaning. I've received countless hugs from dancers I can't see after entering clubs from blazing sunlight. Now I try to stop at the other side of the front door, close my eyes for 10-15 seconds to allow them to adjust before going further inside, hoping I can see who's aproaching me. Lol about the drink and the leg. A couple stories... Once went to a dancer's going away party; she hugged me after entering b ut I was so sun blind I dind't even know it was her. There's a local Christies Cabearet that I dont like for many reasons, and one of them is their obstacle course. After entering from their spacious lobby, which is nicely lighted enabvling you to recover from outdoor sunlight, you enter the main club through doors leading to a sloping path that branches off to the side where there is a ledge. It's like walking along a cliff sometimes! You would think there might be an OSHA suit against one of these clubs eventually.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I take it, steve, that whoever was rubbing your leg was not attractive, or worse yet some male customer sitting next to you??
  • Otto22
    14 years ago
    Here's a trick I learned long ago. Before entering a dark room from bright sunshine, close one eye at least 15 seconds before entering. Open the shut eye upon entering and you should be able to see pretty well.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Otto: Ah yes, the "pirate" method. :)
  • magicrat
    14 years ago
    I've feigned blindness before and reached out to grab a boob and ask what her name was. Pretty lame I know, but no dancer has complained yet.
  • scmercuryXV
    14 years ago
    Now you know why pirates wore an eye patch; so they could see when they went below decks.
  • imnumnutz
    14 years ago
    worst place is vegas...i can remember going into the old CH2 in the afternoon...it seemed to take 20 mins to get adjusted. in the meantime, if you got dance, you had no idea what she looked like..
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    where are the manfred mann lyrics?
  • troop
    14 years ago
    do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do :D
  • metaldude
    14 years ago
    Sam please give credit where credit is due - its springsteen (at least the original). Speaking of which interesting how "wrapped up like a duece" (as in coupe) got changed by Manfred Mann to "wrapped up like a douche"
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Back in the early 1990's, I was a cop. While Iwas at the academy, they gave us a night out. I went to the movies, my roomates went to the strip joint. When they came back, they said, "We sat down and the waitress said 'what'll you Officers have ?' How did she know we were cops ?" I repied, "You walked in, sidestepped the door, waited for your eyes to adjust, then sat where you could watch the front door, right ?" "Yeah." "Well, that's how she knew you were cops."
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    I had that experience in Vegas too, at the OG. Sat down and was instantly smothered by fat ugly ghetto skanks. I didn't need to see what I was looking at, I could feel it. I had to make a couple of men's room trips to shake them! Fortunately some better company showed up.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    My dog rubs my leg, nothing attractive about that!
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I almost always visit at night. I have to adjust to the bright lights inside a lot of clubs. Sometimes I thought about bringing my sunglasses into the clubs as bright as some of their lights are. I think they like to have one or two lights blinding everyone in the crowd so that you can't see the dancers as well. The lights flash off and on and move around. I'd rather have the lights only on the dancers or focused on the stage.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    Clubs might be ok with you wearing sunglasses. I haven't tried that yet.
  • dallas702
    14 years ago
    It's not always a bad thing to be blind for a few minutes. Couple of years ago I walked into a Dallas nude club (juice bar) in the afternoon. I could - just barely - see the main stage but little else. After taking several slow, hesitant steps, a soft hand took mine and said, "Here, let me show you the way" and proceeded to pull my hand down between her legs. She then - still holding my hand tight against her kitty - said, "Now, know where you are?" I was only a step from one of the side stages and this (I later discovered) was a very cute dancer still on stage. Later, when I could see, she and a few of her equally wild friends joined me. Great start for a very good afternoon.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    It's been a long time since I went to a club during the day time, so I'm not even sure what that's like. Most clubs I go to have a little lobby you go thru before entering the club, so usually, it don't take much adjusting after going thru there.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    I've been blinded a few times while going into PP in Greenville a few times during daylight. Seems to me that their lighting keeps getting dimmer, perhaps in direct proportion to the decreasing talent in there ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion