tuscl

Are Reviews Still Moderated?

Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:16 PM
I posted a review last night and another tonight. Both seemed to appear in "Recent Reviews" almost immediately, faster than it would take for someone to read them. Are they no longer moderated or did I run into a diligent editor sitting on the queue two nights in a row?

13 comments

• LeeH
    14 years ago
    I did one a few days ago and it was a reasonable wait time. I think you just got lucky.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    i'd guess that you posted your reviews about the same time that founder happened to be online going through them, that's why they popped up so fast.
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    I wrote one a few nights ago and it was the next morning when it published.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I think you lucked out with it being reviewed and posted quick.
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    If they ARE being moderated, the moderators are sometimes doing a shoddy job. I have seen some reviews that really didn't meet minimal standards. But that's just MHO.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I know I wrote one once and it was up in 30 minutes, which seemed oddly short. You must have been lucky.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    I submitted one this morning just before the stock market opened, went away to check early prices on the TSE, came back to tuscl ten minutes later and there was the review!
  • imnumnutz
    14 years ago
    years ago, reviews really were scrutinized. more than once, a review was returned to me, with suggestions about what more was needed. nowadays i see reviews just a couple of sentences long that say very little...
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    Back in the 90's when I did my 1st review it was rejected. Too much of a personal experience and not enough facts about the club, etc. I rewrote it and it was accepted. I learned a lesson. Since then the volume of reviews has increased dramatically. It has now become a workload problem for the editors and thus reviews are NOT screened like they were in the early days of TUSCL. Now, if you do see a review that is way off course slip through, just send F a Pm and he will most likely delete it.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    The first review I ever submitted, I got a warning back that it was too short. That was feedback from the page, not from a moderator. If that warning is still there, some of the posters are paying it no heed, as even the short version of that first review was longer and more detailed that some of the barely one-liners I've seen. Who knows, maybe the editors aren't actually giving out the free VIP for those short ones.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    With todays technology, it's not unreasonable to suspect that they are reviewed by a program searching for keywords and length and only the exceptions are reviewed by a person.
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    I've had one "review" rejected. The club was listed here, but had zero reviews. I spent almost an hour with Google Map directions, a paper map and a GPS and still never found it. I wasn't looking for VIP credit, but just wanted to warn fellow travelers.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    I think alot of people will post anything to get VIP access. These vague three-to-four sentence reviews should be rejected.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion