tuscl

Pawtucket man killed at Providence strip club

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Providence police say a 29-year-old Pawtucket man is dead after being shot several times during a dispute outside a local strip club.

Police say the incident happened around 5:30 a.m. when a fight between rival groups started inside the Balloons club and spilled outside into the parking lot.

They do not know if the man was the intended target. Police did not immediately release his name Sunday because they were still notifying his family.

Police say it was the second fatal shooting at Balloons, where a 21-year-old Woonsocket man was killed two years ago.

The club, which caters to an under-21 crowd, is 1 of 3 Providence establishments with a 24-hour license.

http://ww.abc6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12…

July 11, 2010

6 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    rival groups eh? read thugs/gangstas!
    too bad more of them didn't get culled.
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    Think that's the one right next to Cheaters. But there might be two of them in same building. At any rate, it would be better if people settled that sort of thing away from the club. Never know when an unlucky TUSCL'er might wander into the wrong part of town...
  • Yoda
    14 years ago
    Yeah, it's the one right next to Cheaters. Never been there and never will be...
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Forget that it was strip club; under 21 and open 24 hours is a big problem all by itself.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I checked on tuscl, this club is not 24/7, it is thr-sat 9pm to 5am.
    I think they got their 24/7 license to stay open during after hours time...but business is probably too slow to be open 24/7 there.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Yea, this strip club is located in a complex that's right next to Cheaters. It's in a rough area for sure. I think Balloons is only open on the weekends though, and they stay open the latest of any strip club in RI...until 5 AM.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion